PDA

View Full Version : van calipers and brackets

grim
06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
i got some van calipers and brackets from a guy in a trade . i was thinking about putting them on the front of the glht . it took everything off the glh and tried the brackets, they fit . but when i put the pads in the caliper and tried to put them on, there to big . the pads are about 3/8 to big . all of this stuff is brand new (pads ,calipers ). i can take a pic if someone would post it . i dont know the year of them .

thanks
billy

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2006, 03:36 PM
What pads did you use? Minivan 14 inch and 14 inch Shadow pads are the same. The metal backing is alot longer than the Omni pads.

DeckSetter
06-04-2006, 05:25 PM
I was told that Minivan callipers are the same as LeBaron callipers, the difference is the pad and rotor. Supposedly, Chrysler made the van rotor thinner and the pad thicker so they could still get decent pad life in a heavier van. You might check it with a LeBaron pad to verify.

grim
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
dont know what pads i got they came with it . i dont know the years of them all i know is the pads are huge . one is bigger than the other . ill take a pic tomarrow .

iTurbo
06-05-2006, 11:35 AM
You need the Caravan rotors. They are just slightly thinner (vane spacing). I have this setup on the front of my GLH Turbo and it's great.

inmyshadow
06-05-2006, 01:42 PM
I've done a caravan brake swap on my 90 shadow. I used shadow rotors and pads. All I had to do, remove the sound deadening pad on the back of the pads for them to fit.

later

You need the Caravan rotors. They are just slightly thinner (vane spacing). I have this setup on the front of my GLH Turbo and it's great.

grim
06-06-2006, 09:02 PM
ill check into that ,thanks

billy