PDA

View Full Version : Need a 4 bar SBEC cal please!

turbovanmanČ
03-26-2010, 01:15 PM
I only have access to a 2.5 SBEC Shadow and need to test out a 4 bar map I got.

Thanks.

Specs of the car-

2.5L
med-heavy ported head/intake, heavy ported exhaust manifold/head
52mm throttlebody
782 head(swirl) big valves 44mm intake 36.5 exhaust
3"in full exhaust
40/over injectors
20/over venolia pistons
255 fuel pump
2.5in swingvalve
super60 cam
Stock turbo is on the car but upgrading to a 50 trim once he gets some glitch's dialed in, and the 3 bar will be going back on.

risen
03-26-2010, 11:00 PM
I only have access to a 2.5 SBEC Shadow and need to test out a 4 bar map I got.

Thanks.

Specs of the car-

2.5L
med-heavy ported head/intake, heavy ported exhaust manifold/head
52mm throttlebody
782 head(swirl) big valves 44mm intake 36.5 exhaust
3"in full exhaust
40/over injectors
20/over venolia pistons
255 fuel pump
2.5in swingvalve
super60 cam
Stock turbo is on the car but upgrading to a 50 trim once he gets some glitch's dialed in, and the 3 bar will be going back on.

Do you just want a turbonator sbec scaled for +40/4bar with some tweaks to the pumpeff? Or are you looking for something more in-depth than that?

turbovanmanČ
03-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Do you just want a turbonator sbec scaled for +40/4bar with some tweaks to the pumpeff? Or are you looking for something more in-depth than that?

Nope, you got it, something simple so I can try the map sensor. No limiters either, :thumb: Thanks.

bakes
03-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Auto or stick ?
boost level ?
anti lag on?

turbovanmanČ
03-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Auto or stick ?
boost level ?
anti lag on?

stick, boost doesn't matter but I want no limiter as I am helping diagnose an overboost shutdown a the same time. Antilag, doesn't matter, its just a quick tester cal.

risen
03-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm going to get to this later this afternoon if you still need it. You do have a chip adapter for the sbec, right?

risen
03-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I just looked at it more closely. This isn't an afternoon project. I didn't realize that the t-sbec code hadn't been updated to have templates like the other codebases have (which would have made it a 10 minute project).

I can still do it, but it's going to be a bit more involved and I'm going to be less than 100% confident it'll work correctly right out of the box as I'm not sure all the constants and tables are tagged in the .asm correctly.

ShelGame
03-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's why I didn't post up before. T-SBEC v2 isn't done yet. I'm re-writting it now for the template format...

risen
03-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah, that's why I didn't post up before. T-SBEC v2 isn't done yet. I'm re-writting it now for the template format...

I shoulda figured. :) Are all the tables and constants that need changing for 4 bar marked with the Map3bar tag in the template? If so, I'll take a crack at it tomorrow.

ShelGame
03-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Is there a template? I can't remember if I ever posted the MP Tuner compatible version I made. Anyway, yes, all of the MAP related tables are ID'd in the latest (posted) source code...

risen
03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Is there a template? I can't remember if I ever posted the MP Tuner compatible version I made. Anyway, yes, all of the MAP related tables are ID'd in the latest (posted) source code...

It's the older style template, mptuner doesn't know what to do with it. I'll try to scale it tomorrow. Also, mptuner doesn't like the .tbl file as supplied but I'll probably edit it with dcal or chem.

bakes
03-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Simon can you post a copy of the current bin file?

turbovanmanČ
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm going to get to this later this afternoon if you still need it. You do have a chip adapter for the sbec, right?

Yes, I have one, :thumb:

I just looked at it more closely. This isn't an afternoon project. I didn't realize that the t-sbec code hadn't been updated to have templates like the other codebases have (which would have made it a 10 minute project).

I can still do it, but it's going to be a bit more involved and I'm going to be less than 100% confident it'll work correctly right out of the box as I'm not sure all the constants and tables are tagged in the .asm correctly.

Thanks, if not, no biggie, I'll have to find a SMEC car to play with.

Simon can you post a copy of the current bin file?

What "bin" file?

risen
04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks, if not, no biggie, I'll have to find a SMEC car to play with.

Well, I now have a perl script that will spit out a 4 bar template from a 3 bar one. IDK how good the data is going to be, but I'm going to assemble it when I get home tonight and take a look. Cross your fingers.

turbovanmanČ
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow, thanks dude, :thumb:

ShelGame
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
FWIW, the T-SBECv2 templates are just about done. I hope to post them later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry, Risen. I didn't realize you were working on something...

risen
04-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh, screw the perl scripts then. I have the fuel tables OK, but the slope on the signed tables wasn't right. That's an easy fix (even manually) and I was just about to start the work on the constants, but I quickly realized that's a whole ball of wax. I actually was going to post to say it's going to be a while longer as I'm going to be rather busy this weekend. But, if you get the templates done, it should only take a few mins to get the cal going.

ShelGame
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, I tested it this afternoon, it's not quite right. So, I have to look thru the conversion a bit more. Sorry, it'll be a little bit longer...

turbovanmanČ
04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Wow, you guys are awesome, :hail:

ShelGame
04-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, I made a few more changes and sent it out to a couple of guys to test. I can send it to you, too Simon. If you want to try it. It'll scale for a 4-bar the same way MP Tuner does for T-SMEC.

turbovanmanČ
04-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, I made a few more changes and sent it out to a couple of guys to test. I can send it to you, too Simon. If you want to try it. It'll scale for a 4-bar the same way MP Tuner does for T-SMEC.

Thanks Rob, :hail:

"biker69@telus.net"