PDA

View Full Version : SEM vs GTS headlight covers (Shelby Charger)

Mopar_Nutz
06-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Curious if anyone has pics of either of them on their cars. I know SEM has some pics on the site, but they don't show what they look like in normal sunlight. Just strategic angles and stuff. I'm also curious if the mounting brackets show through.

For the difference in price ($25 vs $45), it's not worth getting something that won't look as good just to save a few bucks.

LynX853
06-07-2006, 05:42 PM
whats the web site?

Mopar_Nutz
06-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Sorry, I should have included it

http://www.surpluselectron.com/shelcovr.htm

http://www.surpluselectron.com/aaron/shelcovr.htm

Mopar_Nutz
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
ttt, I know SOME people have these covers! hahaha

Mopar_Nutz
06-22-2006, 02:39 AM
T The T

altered7151
06-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I do remember Mario saying he had some from surplus electronics and said they fit like crap, but others have said they fit great so its kind of a crap shoot. There was an thread on TD a couple years back with opinions on them, maybe you can find it with a search if it wasn't in the lounge. Whats the other company you found, I thought the ones from surplus were the only ones out there.

rbryant
06-23-2006, 02:31 PM
The GTS covers are still available through autozone for the shelby charger. I bought a clear set a month or so ago. I also have a smoke set but they are slightly scratched.

Even one of my GTS covers was cut slightly differently than the other and didn't fit quite as well.

I haven't seen a set of SEM covers so I can't comment there.

-Rich

Clay
06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
What about headlight covers for a 4 door Ls?

Austrian Dodge
06-24-2006, 05:43 AM
how about one for a last gen. daytona? ;)

WVRampage
06-25-2006, 07:22 PM
can you get them for L-Bodys with dual headlights aswell.

daytonaturbo87
06-28-2006, 06:44 PM
could always make them if you could find a sheet of clear plastic. Cut to size and buy some window tint and tint them, fab up some small brackets and done.

Mopar_Nutz
07-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Well hearing that some GTS covers don't fit right I guess it's a crapshoot no matter who you go with. So I'll just grab the SEM ones, and if they're not dark enough, I'll throw some tint inside them until they look right. No reason why 3M tape shouldn't hold it instead of rivets, eh?

Mopar_Nutz
07-02-2006, 02:57 PM
could always make them if you could find a sheet of clear plastic. Cut to size and buy some window tint and tint them, fab up some small brackets and done.

Good suggestion, but I'm soooo busy with this car right now, I don't have much time to fab things up. For the time being and the price, I'd rather just spend the money and get them on the way, and continue devoting my time to getting it back on the road :)

Mopar_Nutz
07-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Choice just got easier. SEM no longer sells them. I just contacted them and they didn't sell enough to keep producing them.

So GTS is again the only supplier.

WVRampage
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I think you can get tinted plexi glass at lowes and the small aluminium angle just cut the shape you want from thin cardboard and then cut from the plexiglass,I guess the 3M tape would work I guess but it would come off at speed im sure.The velcro to hold the plexi on the angle would be easy to come buy.

Mopar_Nutz
07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Isn't the 3M tape used to attach alot of things like ground effects and spoilers and such? I really don't want to drill holes in the nose of my car....

WVRampage
07-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Isn't the 3M tape used to attach alot of things like ground effects and spoilers and such? I really don't want to drill holes in the nose of my car....
Yes it is you just need to clean real well on both surfaces.