PDA

View Full Version : Side exhaust chambered tip

Mopar318
03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
So, I am running a 3" stainless exhaust system running out the side. I decided I wanted it a bit quieter so I went to install the dynomax muffler and its too large to fit inside the exhaust well. I think I will be moving on to my next idea with this. Running the 3" down the middle through the gutted cat and out the side like I am now, but fabricating a compact flat but wide sliver chambered muffler that will exit out the side. This will give me more ground clearance, looks, and the sound (hopefully) that I am looking for. I think it will resemable somewhat like a nascar side exhaust.

Like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DR-GAS-EXHAUST-BOOM-TUBE-NASCAR-IMCA-SCCA-ARCA-PRO-CUP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b053e912QQitemZ17 0462013714QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

I hoping to get started on this soon. Just been pretty busy lately. Hopefully I will get a cardboard mockup next weekend.

raccoon
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
that sound cool, take pictures, I wanted to add a muffler somewhere in the tunnel but like you said room.

puppet
03-22-2010, 11:11 PM
The Dynomax does fit right after the DP in the tunnel. FWIW, mine is set up like that with a chambered tip out the side. Still pretty loud when you get on it.

Mopar318
03-22-2010, 11:28 PM
The Dynomax does fit right after the DP in the tunnel. FWIW, mine is set up like that with a chambered tip out the side. Still pretty loud when you get on it.

3" dynomax ultra flow....does not fit. Fits in the tunnel, but even touching the the floor its too low. Its inches from the ground.

raccoon
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
is that thing called the tunnel?

turbovanmanČ
03-23-2010, 03:51 AM
That is way cool but I don't think it will do a thing for noise control, in fact, it might even make it louder, :o