PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust: Looking for a Ported Exhaust Manifold

ShelbyZD
03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
As the title says I need a Ported exhaust manifold for my T2 2.5L Daytona. I don't want any unknown port jobs. I'd like to know who ported it, how much it was ported and how well it was ported before I will buy.

Edit: Please ignore the stuff below. Send me a PM if you have one for sale. Thanks!

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 12:32 AM
contact The Pope. He does all my ported manifolds. Does an awesome job for a good price. He ports them as much as they can be ported.

Directconnection
03-21-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd use my friend's 7 y/o daughter's porting skills way before "thepope" :confused:

tryingbe
03-21-2010, 09:45 AM
I'd use my friend's 7 y/o daughter's porting skills way before "thepope" :confused:

That's really rude and unprofessional to bash somebody like that.

BadAssPerformance
03-21-2010, 10:11 AM
That's really rude and unprofessional to bash somebody like that.

That is rude... but in my book, when we have a couple vendors (TU, FWDP, etc) here at T-M who offer ported manifold, its also pretty rude to point business to people who are not supporting vendors and rarely if ever post here.

contact The Pope. He does all my ported manifolds. Does an awesome job for a good price. He ports them as much as they can be ported.

If he's so awesome and does work ont he side, tell him to sign up to be a vendor here :thumb:

Steve, you know better... but maybe ask her if she wants to be a vendor too?

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 11:19 AM

If your 7 y/o daughter is so good then maybe she can actually get one of your cars running for you since you seem to be unable to.

Here's some of the kiddy work the pope did for Bad Andy.
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3560
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3557
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3569

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
If he's so awesome and does work ont he side, tell him to sign up to be a vendor here :thumb:

because when you do maybe 3 pieces a year how are you going to make any profit at a $50 a year vendor fee?

Twisted Noodle
03-21-2010, 11:23 AM

Steve, you know better... but maybe ask her if she wants to be a vendor too?

Actually my oldest daughter is 7 also. I'd like to sign her up as a vendor. She does head and intake porting. I don't want to step on the toes of Steve's daughter who does Exhaust mani porting...

I think my kid needs to step up and help with some bills.

BadAssPerformance
03-21-2010, 11:53 AM
because when you do maybe 3 pieces a year how are you going to make any profit at a $50 a year vendor fee?

Maybe if he advertized he would do more than 3 pieces a year?

Maybe he doesnt want to do more of them, so why are you advertizing for him?

The Pope
03-21-2010, 11:58 AM

LMAO, I'm sure she helps you keep your TDs running and built your 440 too huh?

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Maybe if he advertized he would do more than 3 pieces a year?

Maybe he doesnt want to do more of them, so why are you advertizing for him?

Maybe he doesn't want to do more than 3 pieces or so a year. Maybe he has other obligations to take care of.

Just trying to help the original poster out. Jeeze.

BadAssPerformance
03-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey Pope... do you offer your porting services as a business or is yer buddy just trying to give praise? If its your business, then we can always use more good vendors :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
03-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to do more than 3 pieces or so a year. Maybe he has other obligations to take care of.

Just trying to help the original poster out. Jeeze.

Maybe you should let him speak for himself?

Jeeze... just trying to support our vendors who have ante'd up.

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I support the vendors plenty. I just bought 2k worth of stuff from TU. I don't think 1 $100 manifold is gonna kill him. And how much of that money does chris get out of it? $20?

The Pope
03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey Pope... do you offer your porting services as a business or is yer buddy just trying to give praise? If its your business, then we can always use more good vendors :thumb:

depends on how the year goes, if my business does well I'll have to do very little like I have. If not things will change. I have an idea on a FMIC setup for near bolt in. The guys that make Greddy, HKS and Perrin custom silicon lines are here local. So I am going to R&D lines for my CSX and may be selling them this summer. So I may become a vendor, but only on a few things....

Most of my work over time has been heads for others, and a lot of different types of heads. With TDs the manifolds, water pump housings and the oil feed are so bad there is a ton of work out there for people that can do it. Jay has gotten a lot of my work but not head work, he buys from Tyler and Rick D.

ShelbyZD
03-21-2010, 12:55 PM
"I don't think 1 $100 manifold is gonna kill him.""

A $100?? ? ? Hmm..

$120 Canadian for the manifold
$ 35 for shipping a good manifold to them or $30 for no core
$ 15 for boarder tax + more if they decide to charge duty.
$ 30 Approx for return shipping.

That's around $200.

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I wasn't referring to you. Besides Canada doesn't count :)

The Pope
03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
"I don't think 1 $100 manifold is gonna kill him.""

A $100?? ? ? Hmm..

$120 Canadian for the manifold
$ 35 for shipping a good manifold to them or $30 for no core
$ 15 for boarder tax + more if they decide to charge duty.
$ 30 Approx for return shipping.

That's around $200.

for the money it depends on your mods too. If there just isn't much done to the exhaust or the rest of the engine it isn't a big gain. Even if you do them like this your less than 15% more flow. If you want flow keeping up with a big valve head ported right you better get the TU header at least, the cast one flows just under 40% more with the manifold on the head. There are 3 places to really be looked at when porting these as it is cheaper to do your own. The gasket side, at the head, opening up the hole into the turbo and opening the log at #3. Pretty easy if you have the eye for it and the tools. This is what they should look like...
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1097
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1100
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1103
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1106

BadAssPerformance
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
depends on how the year goes, if my business does well I'll have to do very little like I have. If not things will change. I have an idea on a FMIC setup for near bolt in. The guys that make Greddy, HKS and Perrin custom silicon lines are here local. So I am going to R&D lines for my CSX and may be selling them this summer. So I may become a vendor, but only on a few things....

Most of my work over time has been heads for others, and a lot of different types of heads. With TDs the manifolds, water pump housings and the oil feed are so bad there is a ton of work out there for people that can do it. Jay has gotten a lot of my work but not head work, he buys from Tyler and Rick D.

Sounds like you got some product to offer, only $50 for a basic vendor :eyebrows:

Mario
03-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Since this thread is already destroyed and I'm sure the original poster will start a new thread, I'll add in my 2 cents.

My dad can beat up your dad.

54inches
03-21-2010, 03:59 PM
My dad can beat up your dad.

nu uhhh!:D

Directconnection
03-21-2010, 07:42 PM
LMAO, I'm sure she helps you keep your TDs running and built your 440 too huh?

Dude, I am not a loser who spends all day with my cars. I have a life... and a house, not a mobile home and die cast NASCAR collection.

I do, however collect and buy derelict TMs and Mopars because I can.

But you know what? I BUILD RACE ENGINES AT WORK FOR A LIVING in the most respected engine shop in our state, and even possibly in New England. What do you do?

FWIW: I did the engine on my friend's '90 VNT to S60 car (271whp at 18psi), and the engine on another's '89 CS T-II a couple year's ago.

edit: sorry to the *others* with my initial wise-arse opinion which opened up a can of worms :eyebrows:

GLHNSLHT2
03-21-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't even know what to say to the above post. You don't know Rob at all and all you've done is bash him this thread. He works very hard. Owns his own business, has 3 boys, two twins and one that's a year younger he raises on his own since they were like 3. And still is able to make time for his friends to help them out and do a little car work on the side. You started this. Going and calling people names when you have zero running TD's or old mopars isn't right at all. Makes me regret helping you figure out the SLH packages years ago. If I had known you'd be like this I would of told you to go F yourself back then. You aren't sorry for what you've said at all.

1984rampage
03-21-2010, 10:03 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh105/peachey140/lol.jpg

BadAssPerformance
03-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Wow... guess that went south fast. C'mon everyone, we're all on the same team here. :grouphug:

Thread closed

As the title says I need a Ported exhaust manifold for my T2 2.5L Daytona. I don't want any unknown port jobs. I'd like to know who ported it, how much it was ported and how well it was ported before I will buy.

Edit: Please ignore the stuff below. Send me a PM if you have one for sale. Thanks!

Sorry your thread got FUBAR! :( Please check out our vendors :thumb: