PDA

View Full Version : ranger1225 bad seller

bn880
06-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi all,

bought the ground effects from an 88 Shelby Lancer and an intermediate shaft (on eBay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8062624449) from this individual. Packaging was combined on the two at $50USD, shipping method was not discussed, and the intermediate shaft got lost by UPS due to bad packaging. Also none of the GFX mounting hardware was included despite me asking for as much of it as possible, at $120 USD for the GFX I would have expected some. To top it off the GFX had many more splits than specified, about 5-8 rather than one place.

Basically the axle and shaft were put loosely in a giant box with the GFX, and to top this off ranger1225 did not bother to insure the package. (without asking)

Pictures of delviery upon arrival:

http://s92713009.onlinehome.us/images/package1.jpg
http://s92713009.onlinehome.us/images/package2.jpg
http://s92713009.onlinehome.us/images/package3.jpg

Now, the story is it was a car he was scrapping, a Lancer from which he just pulled the engine anyway. So I figured he should refund some of the money, not like he would lose anything. He refuses to give any refund.

Stay away from this seller or if you buy anything from him, get it insured even if he doesnt discuss shipping. Also this person has a knack for using different names/nicks everywhere, not sure why.

Cheers

Edit: here are some of the names/addresses I have found for him, he may be faking that he is ranger1225 after all, I just don't know.

Vern Van Walberg <cbrdamon@msn.com>
Undersigns email: Dale
shelby88z@hotmail.com

Boosted Baron
06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't know about Canada, but every package I ever sent in the US with UPS insurance is automatically included. The person at the UPS place always asks what the value is for insurance reasons.

87glhs232
06-04-2006, 12:44 AM
UPS automaticly insures for $100. I think it's .75 or a dollar per hundred over that if you want more.

bn880
06-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Yeah so this guy seems to be a real bum about it. :)

Not only can he probably pull insurance, but also he _could_ refund most of the money and not even lose anything on that car he junked anyway.... some people...

bn880
06-14-2006, 04:03 AM
And now on paypal he has yet another ID

William Horsley, cbrdamon@msn.com

I am now trying to resolve this through pay-pal. This is a total rip off.

turbovanmanČ
06-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Keep us informed.

Question, even without insurance, aren't the shippers liable for shipping damage? I thought insurance was for lost items?

Directconnection
06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I dealt with him around Feb of this year. Had no issues. His name is Dale from what he told me. He bought a set of my adjustable cam gears. Didn't want it insured as it would show the actual value of the package, and therefore get hit with the large tax.

I would say that the packaging job was not a good one...

bn880
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Well I'm not even quite sure who has liability on the damaged packaging and missing intermediate shaft. What I do know is that all of this was totally out of my control. Hence why I'm ripped off. Also it bugs me that this person received over $150USD in income for this out of a car that was being junked the next day and can't have the decency to refund $50.

This isn't the TD spirit I'm used to. :thumb: Especially from someone who has such a well working TD... meaning they get a lot of information from these forum members and so forth. :nod:

Directconnection
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Have you tried calling him? What has he said in his emails..if any?

bn880
06-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Well in his emails he talks about him complaining to UPS which usually takes months. Which is nice, but, this is about money and not just the satisfaction of yelling/cursing at UPS.

Besides that, his answer is that he's not responsible for uninsured packages and that the UPS guy told him the packaging was good... (yeah, UPS guy the xray machine/engineer who knew there were loose axles in a giant box) :)

Directconnection
06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Well in his emails he talks about him complaining to UPS which usually takes months. Which is nice, but, this is about money and not just the satisfaction of yelling/cursing at UPS.

Besides that, his answer is that he's not responsible for uninsured packages and that the UPS guy told him the packaging was good... (yeah, UPS guy the xray machine/engineer who knew there were loose axles in a giant box) :)

Don't get me wrong...but I think you should take it up with the UPS as their apparent mishandling of the package made the int. shaft fall out and dissappear. Even though Ranger did a bad job of the way he packaged everything... UPS should have noticed and rejected if it was obvious. I have seen stuff arrive to me from UPS with the boxes ripped badly and the contents about to fall out with the exception it appears they do a quick packing tape fix. So... they probably should have done something when it was in their possesion. Also, I can't believe there's no insurance on it. The first $100 is free, right? I doubt there's an option whether someone wants free $100 insurance, or deny it.

bn880
06-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Well I can try, but he was looking into the issue with UPS a few days after the package arrived. It may be a little late now. :) Who knows, maybe he collected some insurance and won't even say. Maybe he's getting out of TD's and doesnt care. :eyebrows:

EDIT: regardless, he should refund $50 immediately, any reasonable person would after that kind of packaging job. We all have rough weeks in life and can screw up a package, but it's another matter not to stand up for it and be a man.

Una
06-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I bought some cam gears from Ranger1225 last year.. Took forever for him to ship, and he refused to answer any of my emails the entire time.

puppet
06-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Don't get me wrong...but I think you should take it up with the UPS as their apparent mishandling of the package made the int. shaft fall out and dissappear. Even though Ranger did a bad job of the way he packaged everything... UPS should have noticed and rejected if it was obvious. I have seen stuff arrive to me from UPS with the boxes ripped badly and the contents about to fall out with the exception it appears they do a quick packing tape fix. So... they probably should have done something when it was in their possesion. Also, I can't believe there's no insurance on it. The first $100 is free, right? I doubt there's an option whether someone wants free $100 insurance, or deny it.If I'm not mistaken, the original shipper has to initiate the claim.

bn880
10-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Well here is an update,

paypal wanted a police report filed locally. I could have gotten one but I'm certainly not going to bother wasting my time and theirs over some $100. So the puck stopped there as the Cannucks say.

I'm quite astonished at this, so here are some more details on the person:

Home tel
1-613-398-7717
Frankford ontario

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Bottom line Ranger 1225 is someone to "shy away from"

BARRON
10-16-2006, 12:20 PM
What you will find is that UPS rocks for the USA, but at the canadian border they catch some old man and his dog driving an old ford truck, throw your package on the back,give him your address and a 12pack and walk away.

Learned from the old computer tec days.