PDA

View Full Version : Create a .bin?

boostin1989
03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
I am going to be "that guy" and ask what I assume is a stupid question. I have MPTuner loaded and am all ready to go with an Ostrich hooked up to my car. I can't seem how to figure out how to take the .v16 file from MPTuner and create it into a .bin file. What am I missing here?

risen
03-18-2010, 08:56 PM
I am going to be "that guy" and ask what I assume is a stupid question. I have MPTuner loaded and am all ready to go with an Ostrich hooked up to my car. I can't seem how to figure out how to take the .v16 file from MPTuner and create it into a .bin file. What am I missing here?

You have to select compile from the menu. Then select the .asm file for your cal. After it will let you select the template (v16 file). Once tou do that you'll be left with the .bin and the tables needed to edit it.

wowzer
03-25-2010, 09:39 AM
You have to select compile from the menu. Then select the .asm file for your cal. After it will let you select the template (v16 file). Once tou do that you'll be left with the .bin and the tables needed to edit it.

then, once you have compiled the bin, select "read/write" from the CHIP menu. one of the options is "write bin to chip". when you select this it will ask for the bin name you just compiled. select the bin and it should upload to the ostrich in about 1/2 sec. make sure you have set up the com settings correctly FIRST!