PDA

View Full Version : digital dash wiring

rhubbard
06-03-2006, 01:21 AM
If I were wiring a digital dash into my Turbo Dodge, but it didn't come with one what would be the bare minimum wires I would need to hook up to determine if the dash was any good? I have the blue/white wire which is 12V ignition hooked up, but there is a blue/white wire on each of the two harness that went into the analoug gauges. I also hooked up the illumination lead and the ground. Then I found that there are 2 ground wires on one harness, so I wired them together. Is that ok?

After doing all this, I got zero activity from the digital cluster. What am I missing?

Speedeuphoria
06-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I wired the 2 ground wires together on mine and it worked. On mine there was also a red and pinkish wire and I hooked them together for +12v

rhubbard
06-03-2006, 08:15 PM
the red/orange?

rhubbard
06-04-2006, 04:27 PM
just finished the wiring and turns on. Pictures will come sometime in the future.

tryingbe
06-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Blue/White and Red go to 12v.
Black/Green and Black/Orange go to ground
http://www.hardcars.com/headerman/dodge/digidash/dash.html

rhubbard
06-10-2006, 10:50 PM
that's the site I used. I guess I was just initially confused since it didn't mention there were 2 ground wires and 2 blue/white wires.

Does anyone care for pictures. I know my mounting isn't too grand and the black plastic peace just sits in there unsupported. I might end up taking it off completely or making a new one since I cracked a substantial corner off of it when I was drilling out those plastic 'welds' to get it off of the surrounding trim.

Lee'sdaytona
06-13-2006, 08:01 AM
that's the site I used. I guess I was just initially confused since it didn't mention there were 2 ground wires and 2 blue/white wires.

Does anyone care for pictures. I know my mounting isn't too grand and the black plastic peace just sits in there unsupported. I might end up taking it off completely or making a new one since I cracked a substantial corner off of it when I was drilling out those plastic 'welds' to get it off of the surrounding trim.
I'm assuming your putting this in something other than a daytona/lebaron right?
I wonder if anyone has tried to bolt one into a minivan...
-Lee

rhubbard
06-13-2006, 09:48 AM
yep. It's not an omni or mini either.

Lee'sdaytona
06-13-2006, 09:50 AM
yep. It's not an omni or mini either.
Shadow? Charger? RAMPAGE!? what is it going in?
-Lee

rhubbard
06-13-2006, 01:16 PM
no, no, and no.

I honestly don't know why I'm not telling anyone. Maybe I'll make you guys wait till I have pictures, not that my fab work is very impressive.

Lee'sdaytona
06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
ARIES!!! IT HAS TO BE A K!
alright I'll leave you alone now...suprise us all
-Lee

rhubbard
06-13-2006, 02:17 PM
still not it :)

tryingbe
06-13-2006, 04:24 PM
It's a Lancer.