PDA

View Full Version : BoostButton.com

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Our new website is pretty much ready. There's still a bit of polishing to do, but it's basically all done. Check it out if you have time - BoostButton.com (http://www.boostbutton.com)

Right now, we only have the current services available (chip burning and socketeing). But, I will be adding a few products soon (hopefully this weekend) - Chips, sockets, and SBEC chip adapters to begin with. Flashable computers and more as we get them ready to go.

Of course, anyone can still contact me via PM or e-mail.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

BadAssPerformance
03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
AWESOME! :clap:

TurboII
03-18-2010, 01:21 PM
nice web!

raccoon
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
good domain name. the buttons could use some work, but awesome more Chrysler support I hope you make piles of money.

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I know. We're just using our providers template for now. I would have liked to have something more custom, but you gotta start somewhere...

omni_840
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Nice looking website!:nod:

contraption22
03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Pretty cool!

Any experience with 2.4L's on SMEC electronics?

Thanks,

Mike

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Pretty cool!

Any experience with 2.4L's on SMEC electronics?

Thanks,

Mike

I just did a 2.4 SBEC cal for Sean - http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47188

No idea how it works yet. SMEC would have been easier actually...

zin
03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I know. We're just using our providers template for now. I would have liked to have something more custom, but you gotta start somewhere...

That's not a bad way to go at all! Does the template include the "shopping cart" web-commerce side of things?

These kinds of templates are great, as a lot of people can do a great graphical web page for you, but don't have the first clue how to correctly/safely implement the actual biz side of things.... Trust me on this!:yuck:

It's a great start, hope you can expand it to become a good money maker!

Mike

inmyshadow
03-18-2010, 07:12 PM
What would the cost be if you did a cal and emailed? I have my own EPROM burner, EPROMsand UV eraser.

BoostedDrummer
03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Sweet!!:thumb:

So if I wanted a custom Logic Module to plug into the GLH would I go to ECU socketing, Chip Burning, or Custom ECU Code?

The GLH is my first project car(im only 19:rolleyes:) so I dont know all the specs on my engine yet. All I know is its a stock '88 Shelby Z engine with a stock Garret T2 turbo with the 2½ swingvalve.

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
What would the cost be if you did a cal and emailed? I have my own EPROM burner, EPROMsand UV eraser.

Previoulsy, I've done those for free. The problems is, there's not much pressure to finish the free cals :). With the 'new' company, I think I'm goingto charge a fee for the cal itself, and price the chip accordingly. Probably $20 for the cal itslef.

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Sweet!!:thumb:

So if I wanted a custom Logic Module to plug into the GLH would I go to ECU socketing, Chip Burning, or Custom ECU Code?

The GLH is my first project car(im only 19:rolleyes:) so I dont know all the specs on my engine yet. All I know is its a stock '88 Shelby Z engine with a stock Garret T2 turbo with the 2½ swingvalve.

Well, in actuality, the way our cart is setup, you'd need a socket job, a chip, and a custom cal. I think it should add all of that automatically when you select 'ECU Socketeing'.

cordes
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats Rob. I hope you do really well with this.

risen
03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Hell yeah. :thumb: I hope it works out well for you (and your wife!). That's the least this community can do for someone who has given so much.

bakes
03-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Nice site rob
Still want to do a 94 SBEC 3.ol cal turbo cal . I didn't see a listing for 3.ol in your spec sheet.

j4278h
03-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Rob need some core ecu's?

Will the v6 computers work for a core for the 4cylinder turbo?

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Rob need some core ecu's?

Will the v6 computers work for a core for the 4cylinder turbo?

Yes! I do need cores. PM me what you have and what you want for them. The V6 SMEC can be used to run a turbo. SBEC, not sure. I'd actually take anything at this point, I plan to even be able to tune TBI computers for the roundy-roundy guys.

j4278h
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Yes! I do need cores. PM me what you have and what you want for them. The V6 SMEC can be used to run a turbo. SBEC, not sure. I'd actually take anything at this point, I plan to even be able to tune TBI computers for the roundy-roundy guys.

Look no further my good man.

I've got tons of just about everything. Naturally I'd prefer to get rid of the v6 stuff first for cores since you would be working your magic on them anyway. Will check the shed tomorrow and take some inventory.

Rough estimate of
3-4 v6 smec
3-4 v6 sbec
3-4 v6 sbecII
2-3 tbi sbec

butchsuppe
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I've often wondered if the V6 SMEC could be used for the 4 cyl turbo with just a socket and cal. Or does anything else have to be done to it ? I would imagine they had 2 drivers in them for batch firing, which is why I thought they would work. Which brings to mind, you think it's possible that a TBI SMEC has more than 1 driver. I could understand a generic SMEC for production purpose's.

ShelGame
03-18-2010, 11:08 PM
I've often wondered if the V6 SMEC could be used for the 4 cyl turbo with just a socket and cal. Or does anything else have to be done to it ? I would imagine they had 2 drivers in them for batch firing, which is why I thought they would work. Which brings to mind, you think it's possible that a TBI SMEC has more than 1 driver. I could understand a generic SMEC for production purpose's.

The V6 SMEC has an extra injector driver and a jumper wire inside the case between the logic board and driver board, but all else is the same. You could, theoretically, use that extra injector driver for, oh, I dunno, Nitrous or alky injection...

I have a TBI SMEC logic board, and it definitely is missing a few components compared to the turbo board.

135sohc
03-18-2010, 11:22 PM
If and when I ever get my engine built I'll be seeing what you have to offer to make it run right.

yogurt_slinger
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
You might want to post on your web site the different cal options you do also. (high,low boost/street,stripcal/.....) That way we don't have to keep searching for that thread that you posted them in, or people emailing you the same questions over and over. Just a thought.

neongary
03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Maybe later add a "FAQ" to the site so those of us that are still learning can understand what you are actually talking about. (Dumb it down, so to speak)

OnLooker
03-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I didn't see the option, do you offer cals for E85?

ShelGame
03-19-2010, 11:50 AM
You might want to post on your web site the different cal options you do also. (high,low boost/street,stripcal/.....) That way we don't have to keep searching for that thread that you posted them in, or people emailing you the same questions over and over. Just a thought.

Thanks, that's a really good idea...

ShelGame
03-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I didn't see the option, do you offer cals for E85?

I have not done one yet. I was hoping to convert my van over this winter, but it needed suspension work first. I might try to do one this summer. It will obviously need some winter testing before I think it's ready to sell. Maybe next year.

rich tideswell
03-19-2010, 12:07 PM

I still have the 1988 v6/auto minivan computer.

Captain Chaos
03-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Congrats. More racing money!

turbodaytona87
03-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I would be very interested in a Magnum V8 cal for my 93 Jeep.

ShelGame
03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
I would be very interested in a Magnum V8 cal for my 93 Jeep.

I can't do one yet, but I hope to be able in the very near future...

bakes
03-21-2010, 07:24 PM

I see where this is going to lead turbo v6 and v8 motors:eyebrows:

turbodaytona87
03-22-2010, 08:37 AM

:thumb: Sweet, let me know when. Do you have a specific year range, or will you be able to do the OBD-I and OBD-II PCMs?

trbowgn
03-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Rob,
Great site and great prices. I realy like the spec sheet.

ShelGame
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
:thumb: Sweet, let me know when. Do you have a specific year range, or will you be able to do the OBD-I and OBD-II PCMs?

I plan to start with the OBD-I's and go from there. Honestly, I've never even tried to look at the OBD-II computers. So, I think that is quite a ways off for me...

ShelGame
03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
FWIW, I added an SBEC latch adapter to the products page over the weekend. This is an adapter that will allow you to run a 'regular' memory chip with the SBEC (instead of the oddball 87C257). It will also work with the eprom emulators like the Ostrich. I'll get a pic of it up this week...

JamesL
03-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Congratulations Rob and Lisa! :clap: Nice web site. Cindy and I wish you much success. I’ve always been impressed with the level of knowledge you bring to this niche. If there is anything we can do to help let us know. Another friendly vendor is exactly what this market needs. :nod:

turbodaytona87
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
I plan to start with the OBD-I's and go from there. Honestly, I've never even tried to look at the OBD-II computers. So, I think that is quite a ways off for me...

OBD-I works for me :D If you need testing, let me know;)

mcsvt
03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Rob will you be adding cables to your list of products?

ShelGame
03-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Rob will you be adding cables to your list of products?

Yes, I will. USB for the SMEC is actaully very easy. It can be done with an off-the-shelf FTDI cable that costs $20. I plan to make a version with the SCI connector on it so that connection is a no-brainer.

USB for the SBEC needs a little development work - at least to be able to use it for flashing a SBEC.

I also have a design for a SBEC-II flash/datalog USB cable. Not even close to development yet, though.

Also, I'm ording the corrected baords for the flashable SMEC's today.

I still need to do some testing with the SBEC boards that I have to figure out exactly what's wrong. We bought a PC occilloscope last month so I can do some real debugging now.

mcsvt
03-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Great! I look forward to seeing the options that become available :thumb:

wowzer
03-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Also, I'm ording the corrected baords for the flashable SMEC's today.

rob - what did the problem end up being? also, is it flashable on the fly (i.e. outside of bootstrap mode) like you were hoping? if so, what "protocol" is needed to accomplish this and is it disruptive to the ecu while running?

ShelGame
03-26-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't know - I used the 'old' design that uses the PGM line to enable writing to the EEPROM/RAM. I still don't understand why I can read/writre my 'new' design only in bootstrap mode. When in run mode, it's like the memory is blank. Switch it back to bootstap, and you can read the entire memory contents back exactly as the original .bin. I still need to hook it up to the 'scope and see what's going on with the control bus in run vs. boostrap.

The 'old' design is not flashable on-the-fly due to the added PGM control line...

If I can figure out the deal with the 'new' design (and it turns out to be a software thing), maybe I can save the boards and we can update table data on the fly...

risen
04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey, so when are you going to be putting up T-Shirts/stickers/coffee mugs and other stuff in your store? I have a desk that needs some more stickers and a moates t-shrit that the wife is getting sick of seeing me wear :) I need some variety...

ShelGame
04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
We made a couple of T-Shirts as a test. I'm going to wear them to the track, etc. I want to see how they'll hold up. Then maybe we'll offer them. I'd also like to make a batch of small stickers to include with orders. We'll get there eventually.

bradp
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
We made a couple of T-Shirts as a test. I'm going to wear them to the track, etc. I want to see how they'll hold up. Then maybe we'll offer them. I'd also like to make a batch of small stickers to include with orders. We'll get there eventually.

I can't believe I received my SMEC today. You shipped it Saturday and USPS none the less.:thumb: Will be in by the weekend

ShelGame
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Great, let me know how it goes...

moparman76_69
04-13-2010, 01:27 PM
I can't believe I received my SMEC today. You shipped it Saturday and USPS none the less.:thumb: Will be in by the weekend after I finally finish George's head.

Fixed it for ya :p

bradp
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Fixed it for ya :p

LOL:lol:

ShelGame
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I updated the website tonight. I realized that the custom cal options was missing from the spec sheet. I also added links to boostedmopar.com and allpar.com.

cordes
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I got my most recent issue of Up Front today, and saw your ad in there. Looking good. :nod:

ShelGame
04-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Great. I was hoping we'd get a copy, but it hasn't showed up yet. When we wrote the ad, we didn't have the website even remotely close to being ready. I think we'll do it again next month, but with a new ad for the website...

GLHNSLHT2
04-17-2010, 10:07 AM
I just promoted your site over on TD.com for someone asking about a 2 step rev limiter :)

ShelGame
04-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Cool, thanks.

bradp
04-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Love the cal in the wagon. I only had 5-6 psi boost, unhooked the vaccum at the solenoid and only 11-12 psi boost but feels strong. I'm guessing the actuator is bad so i guess I'll be doing that one night this week. Is there a learning curve on the cruise? When I push the button for cruise it slows down 4-5 mph then goes back up slowly to the speed I had it set on.

BIG PSI
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Hay Rob,

Is there a reason you can not make a 92 cal in a stage 3 map ?

Chuck

southkurtk
04-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Ordered Cal today. Cant wait to get it :)

ShelGame
04-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Hay Rob,

Is there a reason you can not make a 92 cal in a stage 3 map ?

Chuck

Just haven't got that far. Truthfully, I could probably do a bit with a 2-bar 92 cal (small fuel and timing changes, boost up to 14psi, etc.). But, I can't make it 3-bar yet. I'm working on the T3 cals right now. When I get them done (and able to go 3-bar), then the '92 stuff shouldn't be too far behind.

ShelGame
04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Love the cal in the wagon. I only had 5-6 psi boost, unhooked the vaccum at the solenoid and only 11-12 psi boost but feels strong. I'm guessing the actuator is bad so i guess I'll be doing that one night this week. Is there a learning curve on the cruise? When I push the button for cruise it slows down 4-5 mph then goes back up slowly to the speed I had it set on.

Sorry, I really need to make an instruction manual.

All of my cals use the 'T1' style boost control (solenoid is setup as a 'bleed'). It will work with either the T1 or T2 type solenoid, it just needs to be setup to be 'normally closed' to the WGA, and open to the atmosphere when powered. If you have it plumbed as the T2, that's probably why you're getting the results you posted.

bradp
04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry, I really need to make an instruction manual.

All of my cals use the 'T1' style boost control (solenoid is setup as a 'bleed'). It will work with either the T1 or T2 type solenoid, it just needs to be setup to be 'normally closed' to the WGA, and open to the atmosphere when powered. If you have it plumbed as the T2, that's probably why you're getting the results you posted.

No it still has a Mitsu and factory vacuum. I think the WGA is bad. I have a Grainger that's going on it anyways.

ShelGame
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Summer Vacation!

Just wanted to let everyone know - we're going on vacation from June 15 thru the 23rd. So, for any orders placed on or after the 14th, we'll send your confirmation after the 23rd. Obviously, order shipping will be delayed about a week.

Thanks!

Hope everyone has a good time at SDAC, wish we were there. Maybe next year...

ShelGame
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Forgot to mention - we now offer an ECU-controlled Shift Light as an option on the custom calibrations. This is an item I just added to the Turbonator cals. If you prefer to build your own cals, check out the latest versions in the cal repository.

cordes
06-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Have a good vacation Rob.