PDA

View Full Version : Rampage hitch install

offroadohio
03-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Got my hitch fitted today.

The hitch is supposed to be from a 93-97 Chevy blazer. It is reese brand, I searched reese and other hitch manufacturers and I can notn find an identical hitch listed. I bought it on ebay and have about $20 in it used
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180474550900&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I did find one similar made by drawtite...http://www.realtruck.com/draw-tite_max-e-loader_class_iii_iv_trailer_hitch/R142234P1C1T.html?gad=CK1Eqb0CEgiAIunlUZTpsxitqKv_ AyCxirIS&utm_campaign=Integrations&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=Website&utm_keyword=Draw-Tite%20Max-E-Loader%20Class%20III/IV%20Trailer%20Hitch&id=VA9661826736391993#

My bumper has been missing for some time, but the brakets where still there. I removed the brackets and unhooked the exhuast hangers to drop it out of the way. The hitch hit on the bodya little at the reciever, so I notched it out real quick with a angle grinder.

Once I did that the hitch move dup and made contact with the frame rails, the rear most holes for the factory bumper lined directly up with the ones in the hitch and I put the bolt sback in to hold it in place. The other set of bumper bracket bolt holes also line up but the holes int he hitch are WAY over sized so I need to get some nice thick washed and longer bolts to fit the hole correcty. The hole sin the hitch closest tot he spring shackle are directly below the hole access hole in the side of the frame rails, and I will be able to drill a hoel in the rail and put a nut on the bolt via that access hole.

I am going to finish that up tommorrow and also clean the notch I made for the hitch up a bit and then hit the exhuast shop to have the exhuast re routed.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/offroadohio/cid__0_0-3.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/offroadohio/cid__0_01.jpg

Nemesismachine
06-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I like it. Much better than the shackles upside down over the rear subframe.

rampage
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
thats cool:thumb:. whats the towing capacity? :D

1FastCSX289
06-23-2010, 10:31 PM
A class 3 hitch on a Rampage? That thing will haul ANYTHING;)......I bet he's got a 30 foot enclosed trailer all outfitted Knight Rider style. :D

Actually, that would be handy for hauling a utility trailer or whatever. Nice work on the install. :thumb:

bakes
06-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Time to put a barbque onto the hitch and have a tail gate party!!!!

shackwrrr
06-23-2010, 11:21 PM
A class 3 hitch on a Rampage? That thing will haul ANYTHING;)......I bet he's got a 30 foot enclosed trailer all outfitted Knight Rider style. :D

Actually, that would be handy for hauling a utility trailer or whatever. Nice work on the install. :thumb:

you dont know donnie do you?:thumb:

I can see this thing with a bronco 2 behind it before too long.

shackwrrr
06-24-2010, 01:23 AM
donnie I cant find it where are some pics of that semi on that poor car hauler?????

1FastCSX289
06-24-2010, 06:42 AM
you dont know donnie do you?:thumb:

I can see this thing with a bronco 2 behind it before too long.

No....but he sounds like a guy I could get along with. :D

offroadohio
06-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I dont have the pics anymore, lost them with my old computer.

Brakes arent big enough to hual much wieght with. but I did hual my ford ranger bed made into a trailer loaded with scrap ( grossed 2800 on the scales)I was on the rd with the trailer hooked to my bigger truck when it broke down and had to swap it over to the rampage to get the other truck drug home.

I really only use the hitch to hual my 4x8 trailer with quad on it when I take my duaghters little quad too. As both quads dont fit in the bed.

Now as far as the semi on the car hualer, short of it is I had a 1ton ford with 20ft car hualer bed ( not a roll back as it was a fixed bed but the same idea) and hauled a complete 77 kenworth
I grossed 17770 pounds on thier scales. that was back when I was young(er) and dumb(er)