PDA

View Full Version : FWDP Cal to megasquirt

Nemesismachine
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
The more I look into it, the more I thing a megasquirt system may be better for a hybrid. Until I can find an SRT4 motor to swap in, MS may be the best bet. Is there anywhere on T-M.com with a few more details on sample setups? This stuff looks a little confusing.

Nick

risen
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I can dig up the MSQ for the omni. It's a 8v 2.2 with +40's in it (and too much spark :( ). It might serve as a reasonable starting point for the fuel and spark maps (if you take about 5-6 deg out in boost).

I can answer some specific Q's if you have some in mind.

Nemesismachine
03-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Would I be better off running the hybrid cal of Cindy's or going with megasquirt? I also want under the hood to be clean, and MS would allow me to do that.

risen
03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Would I be better off running the hybrid cal of Cindy's or going with megasquirt? I also want under the hood to be clean, and MS would allow me to do that.

I think the answer to that depends on personal preference. You're going to have to do a lot of work yourself for the MS. But you could also run a different trigger setup ( I believe MS supports the neon cam sensor out of the box) which would give you some flexibility in spark options (COP, coil packs, etc) and save you from having to rig up a dizzy.

IDK what fwd sells in the way of hybrid cals, but I'd imagine that they're more plug-n-play (certianly than MS). Maybe you can ask someone who's running a fwd hybrid cal what they do and don't like about them.

I can give you more MS-specific info, but I don't know enough about the hybrid cals that FWD sells to even give an opinion.