PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: Wtb l-body strut bar

Wayne
03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I need a L-body strut bar. I don't want one that was for another car and was drilled/cut or whatever. Does that guy still make them that was selling them on e-bay? Hopefully somebodys got one that never used it and wants to get rid of it.

Wayne

rbryant
03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I need a L-body strut bar. I don't want one that was for another car and was drilled/cut or whatever. Does that guy still make them that was selling them on e-bay? Hopefully somebodys got one that never used it and wants to get rid of it.

Wayne

I have one that I can sell you from the "shelbystrutbar" guy.

The only thing I don't like about it is that he made them such that they aren't parallel to the engine. The tabs are offset on one side so that they clear one of the intake manifolds. It might actually be for the two piece intake.

At first I thought my strut towers were screwed up or something. When I discovered that after it sat around my garage for a couple months he wouldn't take it back. I guess it isn't a big deal but I am not running an intake that would have clearance issues so I would rather use something else.

I think I gave $120 shipped for it. It probably needs to be polished up from sitting around my garage but it will buff up easily.

I would take $80 plus shipping for it.

-Rich

Wayne
03-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Can u check on shipping to Poquoson Va 23662

rbryant
03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Ok I will check on the shipping but I will make it reasonable. My dad had some medical issues today so I won't get to it until tomorrow.

-Rich

rbryant
03-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Here are the pictures.

The surface has been skuffed some from kicking around the garage but all of them on the top side will buff out. The bottom has just a couple of scratches that MIGHT be visible after buffing but they are on the bottom side so they won't be seen.

The mounts won't fit in a mailing tube so I will have to send them seperately.

$12 to ship the bar in the tube, $5 to ship the mounts separately in a small flat rate box. Or I can look around for a better tube but It would only save a couple bucks. Lets just call it $15 shipping for a total of $95 so I don't have to hunt around forever for a shipping box. :)

-Rich