PDA

View Full Version : Maddog STS shifter installation adjustments

87blueshelbyz
03-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I just bought a Maddog STS shifter for my 87 Dodge Daytona ShelbyZ. I also bought a Maddog STS for my SRT-4. Chuck sent me the instructions on how to install and adjust the STS for my SRT-4, but could not tell me how to adjust the neutral position for my Daytona. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the neutral position for my new Madddog STS for my 87 Daytona? Are there any other cable adjustments that need to be made after installing my new STS?

BadAssPerformance
03-05-2010, 01:36 AM
87 Daytona... your stock shifter should have the screw with plastic shims on it? Need to loosen the cable ends, pin the gearshift selector (top of trans) and then bolt in the alignment bolt/shim to hold teh shifter in place, then tighten the cables.

... got a pic of the MadDog STS next to the stocker for comparo?

EDIT: Added a pic of stock '87 G-body Shifter with screw/plastic shim in OEM location

87blueshelbyz
03-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks, I don't have it apart right now to post pictures. I will post pictures when I can take it apart, this weekend or next weekend at the latest. The STS has had the reverse lock out removed and the rod replaced with a rod from a pt cruiser.