PDA

View Full Version : SRT Track Experience

iTurbo
03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
So I finally registered for the SRT Track Experience. I found out you have to register within a year of buying the car which is coming up fast, so I went ahead and registered for Alton, VA on July 27th. My brother and his family live in the Charlottesville area so I'm hoping to make a week vacation out of it. My brother wants to come with too so it should be fun.

Any of you guys ever do this before? I'm not really sure what to expect but everyone that has been to it says it's a blast.

fleckster
03-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I haven't been...they didn't exist within a year after my SRT-4 was made and even then the first year they never had an event within 4 hours of me. :-( To join in after the first year, costs $500 and I didn't have that to spare.

Captain Chaos
03-04-2010, 11:25 AM
I did when I had the Neon. It was a fun time. At the end we got a ride in an SRT vehicle of our choice around the road course drivenby the instructors. One lucky person got a ride in the full race Viper that was there.

rich tideswell
03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I did at Michigan International Speedway in fall 2006. The track experience is part of the purchase of the car, BUT if you have the cash, anyone can sign up and register. It was lots of fun driving all the SRT cars - I was one of the luckey ones that got a ride in Viper driven by the instructors. I heard the Magnums were a pretty bitchin' ride when piloted by someone who knew how to handle them.

BadFastGTC
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I did mine out at Beaver Run, just north of Pgh. I had an incredible time myself. Hanging the tail end out on the Magnum SRT8 coming off turn 3 at the base of the hill was pretty incredible. By far the Magnum was my favorite. I had one instructor hanging onto his seat bottom while cruising the Viper sideways on the autocross course. He got me back during the fun ride when he tried to chase down the Comp coupe at the end of the day. I waited until most of the folks had taken their choice, just to wait for the Viper ride. I jumped in the car, and Juan lifted his dark visor, looked at me and smiled, then told me he was going to get even for me scaring his a$$. He cut out of line to chase the Comp coupe down. All I can say is what a rush it is to be a passenger in the car with the top off blasting after the Comp coupe! What a ride!

I did at Michigan International Speedway in fall 2006. The track experience is part of the purchase of the car, BUT if you have the cash, anyone can sign up and register. It was lots of fun driving all the SRT cars - I was one of the luckey ones that got a ride in Viper driven by the instructors. I heard the Magnums were a pretty bitchin' ride when piloted by someone who knew how to handle them.

shelbydave
03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
It's a fun day... They treat you really well, food is good, and the cars are fun. The only change I would hope for is that you would be allowed to take YOUR model car out on the performance drive (with or without an instructor). We could only use the Calibers for the autocross because they were going through too many clutches. They made the decision to use the automatics for everything else. I would have loved to take a Cali on the PD with an instructor giving pointers that pertain to MY car...