PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's Iroc R/T resto

Lotashelbys
03-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Ok Mr and Mrs Lindsay,I started the thread now you have to give all the details and lots the pics!!!!

Turbo224
03-02-2010, 06:05 AM
patiently waiting....

glhs727
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
ok here is a tease because you know I still need to have the swirls removed, windshield replaced and headliner redone before I can take some good pictures.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/004-1.jpg

forcedfedmopar
03-02-2010, 01:51 PM
:nod:dang your a tease.

30 PSI SHADOW
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
missing plug in tranny lol

raccoon
03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
plugs are for chumps, real nice paint.

Lotashelbys
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
missing plug in tranny lol

That was taken minutes before I filled the trans up lol

Need an engine bay shot before you leave the shop today.......

If you look at the fender just about where the nose mounts you can see someones face in the paint,who the hell is that??? lol

turbokid
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I most definitely wanna see pics of this!

shancerlelby
03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
your wheels rub in the wells. tisk tisk :)

Vigo
03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Hmm, might have to drop in in a few days and gander at this one.. :)

glhs727
03-02-2010, 11:48 PM
OK, I will start with a little backround.
About 2 1/2 years ago, I got a call from a customer asking me if I wanted to buy their Daytona Iroc R/T. They said it was in pieces and had been sitting in the barn for the last 10 years. The car was in Wisconsin. I called Jackson knowing that he knew about r/t's and that he lived in Wisc. I asked if he knew where this town was, and he replied that is was an hour away. He graciously agreed to go look at it. A few days later, he called me. He was in the barn looking at the car. "Car looks alright, body is clean for a northern car, paint is faded, and the engine is in pieces in several boxes in the hatch. For $1000 he thought it was an OK deal. I bought the car, Jackson took it home with him to store in his barn/shop until I could make the trip up north to get it. During the wait, Jackson took an interest in cleaning it up, and as he cleaned, he wanted to do more. I didn't mind since I knew it would be a while before I could get it, and I did not have any room at my own shop, nor the time for the resto since I was already involved with my neon srt swap, and my 87 glhs. He took apart the interior cleaned it all up, and then that led to the call "hey my painter buddy is slow right now, and he said he could do a nice paint job for $1500 if you are interested" well, $1500 for a decent job is a good deal, so I jumped on it. Jackson and I then decided since the car was going to look nice with new paint, we may as well do a bang up job on the rest. I thought it would be a GREAT showcase for all the FWD performance parts we sell for the t-3, and Jackson agreed to do the work in exchange for parts for his huge t-3 collection. Over the next 2 years, Jackson worked on it in spurts, a few days here, months in storage, few more days there, months in storage.... until this fall when he did a major push to get it all together. I still have a few things to finish up before the car is complete, but right now it is 97% and looks awesome!. The list of parts makes it almost the "ultimate daytona r/t" although I will need to put a quaiffe in the trans to make it THE ULTIMATE car.

omni_840
03-02-2010, 11:48 PM
So far so good! Looking forward to more pics:nod:

glhs727
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Parts list:

Forged pistons
clevite 77 rod and main bearings
ARP rod bolts
ARP main studs
cometic head gasket
ARP Head studs

New style lifters
FWD stage 1 t-3 cams

autometer boost gauge
Nordskog digital EGT
Aem wideband O2
Piller pod for gauges
Jackson short throw shifter with FWD pistol grip handle

+40 injectors
accufab fuel pressure reg.
255 fuel pump
3 bar map sensor
Magnecor 8.5mm plug wires
Jackson Timing belt idler mod
FWD stage 4 ecu
Holset HE351 turbo
FWD s/s turbo lines
Jackson custom downpipe
FWD 3" daytona catback exhaust
Direct port progressive methanol injection (still needs to be installed)

Crossdrilled rotors front and rear
Hawk brake pads front and rear
Stainless Steel brakelines
Koni struts and shocks
Eibach springs
Polybushings motor mounts and bobble strut
Polybushings control arm bushings
Moog ball joints
Moog tie rod ends
Polybushings rear suspension bushings

Precision 600 intercooler
Custom stainless intercooler pipes

Powder coated engine brackets, fuel rail, k-frame, control arms, valve covers, intake and others parts too many to list! And I'm sure I am forgetting some stuff, but i will add them if I can think of them

glhs727
03-03-2010, 12:06 AM
engine
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1095.jpg

turbo
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1096.jpg

idler mod
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1097.jpg

Vigo
03-03-2010, 12:10 AM
So is the car in Wisconsin or Texas nowadays?

Sure looks good.

glhs727
03-03-2010, 12:20 AM
So is the car in Wisconsin or Texas nowadays?

Sure looks good.

Jackson brought it down about 2 weeks ago...it is now in Texas!!! I need to get it inspected and tagged next week, then I will drive it. Once I get the motor broken in, then comes the meth and dyno.............

Shadow
03-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Finally! Cindy's Rock'n a HOLSET! :clap: Looks fantastic!

30 PSI SHADOW
03-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice job cindy and jackson!!!

iTurbo
03-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Wow awesome job!!!!

You guys keep raising the bar and I'm never going to get my own projects done haha.

And the dipstick, what is going on there? I like how it is relocated, is this possible with stock TIII dipstick/tube?

2.216VTurbo
03-03-2010, 01:01 AM
What? no FWD Valley cover?:lol: Looking good:eyebrows:

rx2mazda
03-03-2010, 01:27 AM
I see two things of interest to me. SDFM(screen door filter mod)on the holset and those VC ports. hmmmm

looking good Cindy!

rx2mazda
03-03-2010, 01:28 AM
If you look at the fender just about where the nose mounts you can see someones face in the paint,who the hell is that??? lol

Your gay male lover probably:nod::lol:

turbokid
03-03-2010, 01:49 AM
very nice

Marcus86GLHS
03-03-2010, 05:40 AM
fantastic detailing! and the T3 looks so great in a black R/T. we dont see too many of these cars in that color.

Lotashelbys
03-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Burrow your hoist for a few minutes and wash the underbody and show them pics of that......

And Cindy,please remind Carroll Roberts that he is GAY:D

forcedfedmopar
03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Wow awesome job!!!!

You guys keep raising the bar and I'm never going to get my own projects done haha.

And the dipstick, what is going on there? I like how it is relocated, is this possible with stock TIII dipstick/tube?

isnt that where its suppose to be? thats where mine is.

Ondonti
03-03-2010, 07:21 PM
please ditch the screen. Its not that hard to install a real intake. Cory's turbo TWICE ate something with the screen on that forced me to have to polish the damaged compressor wheel...and he definitly lost HP because of that.

Simsy
03-03-2010, 07:22 PM
jackson where do you get those filters for the holsets?

iTurbo
03-03-2010, 08:40 PM
isnt that where its suppose to be? thats where mine is.

You may be right, but every TIII I've had has the dipstick tube secured to the intake manifold bolt right next to the PCV separator box.

dds78910
03-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Looks good, I like the IC tubes. Are they stainless?

Vigo
03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
TIII's are for TIII cars not guys who don't know how to build a fast car.

:lol: Totally agree with the 2nd part.

"I cant get 26psi out of my 8valve without blowing it up, but i heard tIII was better so maybe i should buy that RARE stuff and break IT now!"

Of course, Cindy's car will suffer no such fate.. another one rescued:amen:

1966 dart wagon
03-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I want more pics, looks great!

Mopar318
03-03-2010, 10:23 PM
jackson where do you get those filters for the holsets?

I may be wrong, but that looks like screen door material clamped on it.:)

turbokid
03-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Yes we definitely need more pics!

22shelby
03-03-2010, 10:28 PM
i can only speculate from the few pics that are up that this thing is top notch... Ive seen Jacksons work in person, the green TIII, and i was speech less... PS Jackson, still dont know who or what radiator is in my car, but u'll be the first to know...haha

Bravo :clap: to both partys involved, cant wait to see it at 20 :eyebrows:

22shelby
03-03-2010, 10:29 PM

haha " i may not be the smartest man i the world but isnt that a......."

Simsy
03-03-2010, 10:29 PM

thats what it looks like to em to but i just wanted to make sure lol

22shelby
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
hey now im all for "the home depot mods" u should see my FMIC mounting system.... i should patten dat shhhhhhh.......

iTurbo
03-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm guessing it's not actually window screen material. I put that stuff in the apartments I work at and it is way too fragile to hold up to that. In the pic it looks like a lot stronger with wire mesh not fiberglass.

Mopar318
03-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm guessing it's not actually window screen material. I put that stuff in the apartments I work at and it is way too fragile to hold up to that. In the pic it looks like a lot stronger with wire mesh not fiberglass.

The good screen door stuff is wire mesh, not fiberglass. Not saying thats what his screen is...just saying.;)

iTurbo
03-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Sounded like more elitist BS to me.:evil:

Vigo
03-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounded like more elitist BS to me.

Which begs the question.. what is more elitist: building your hp, or buying it with a warranty :p
Just messing with ya!:evil:

glhs727
03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Burrow your hoist for a few minutes and wash the underbody and show them pics of that......

More outside and underside pics will come but not until I get the paint and windshield taken care of!.... so expect more pics in 2 weeks!!

And Cindy,please remind Carroll Roberts that he is GAY:D Carroll already knows!!!

glhs727
03-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Looks good, I like the IC tubes. Are they stainless?

yes, Jackson's stainless welder guy does great work!! those pipes are 2-3 pieces welded, grinded and polished that you can't even see where the seam is at.

glhs727
03-03-2010, 11:19 PM
The screen is going to be temporary. I'm not a big fan of the screen as a long term item. The screen only keeps the big stuff out. And it is a steel mesh, not the fiberglass stuff. that wouldn't last a day....

Turbo224
03-03-2010, 11:26 PM

T3's had two different dip stick tubes. Mine has that one. :)

JohnnyIroc
03-03-2010, 11:26 PM
do i see holes already drilled in the intake for the meth kit?

nice work!
this car looks awesome

iTurbo
03-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Which begs the question.. what is more elitist: building your hp, or buying it with a warranty :p
Just messing with ya!:evil:

I gotta be honest winning a race with the csrt DOES feel a bit like cheating.:D

Awesome work on the car guys! Cindy I'm still waiting/hoping for the TIII CSXT project thread.. I've always wondered what you guys were going to do with that car.

glhs727
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Cindy I'm still waiting/hoping for the TIII CSXT project thread.. I've always wondered what you guys were going to do with that car.

That car is pretty much done. It runs and drives, although it has only gone down to the gas station and back (Jackson drove it to the gas station and ran out before he got there, I had to rescue him with a gallon of gas so he could make it the rest of the way to the gas station LOL!)

There is a couple of interior dash pieces that need to be put in along with a radio and some other minor stuff. I totally lost interest in the car after I bought the birthday car. This t-3 csx-t is for sale, so if you know anyone interested, send them my way. I'm asking $7500 OBO, and I'm willing to deal....
later,
Cindy

glhs727
03-04-2010, 12:12 AM
do i see holes already drilled in the intake for the meth kit?

nice work!
this car looks awesome

Yes, I am going with a direct port set-up using (4) #5 nozzles, available through FWD Performance!! LOL I even bought a 55 gallon drum of methanol. I got such a great deal that even Jackson got himself a 55 gallon drum!!

Turbo3Iroc
03-04-2010, 01:48 AM
You may be right, but every TIII I've had has the dipstick tube secured to the intake manifold bolt right next to the PCV separator box.

T3's had two different dip stick tubes. Mine has that one. :)

I have seen a lot of TIII cars and never seen one with the dip stick next to the seperator box. Maybe that was an 8 valve tube made to fit?

Turbo224
03-04-2010, 04:25 AM
I have seen a lot of TIII cars and never seen one with the dip stick next to the seperator box. Maybe that was an 8 valve tube made to fit?

The first picture is from a wrecked R/T that i bought, and it very well could be a T2 tube, the second pic is my pilot car. I wouldnt be surprised if someone just figured all the turbo cars were the same when ordering a new one.

iTurbo
03-04-2010, 09:12 AM
That's wierd. But yeah, all three Spirit R/T's I've seen had the dipstick tube next to the separator box. Very close to what Tyler posted but more right in between the runners, with the tube clamp bolted piggyback onto one of the intake manifold attaching bolts. Never realized it was wrong that way! I like the tube coming up behind the ignition coil better. What should the tube clamp bolt onto in that area though?

forcedfedmopar
03-04-2010, 12:49 PM
the tube is the same. you can swing it to either location. the first time i had my rt together i had it infront of the intake. i didnt like it there case of the radiator hose so the next time i had the intake off i swung it to the ds behind the intake.

Turbo3Iroc
03-04-2010, 12:50 PM
The first picture is from a wrecked R/T that i bought, and it very well could be a T2 tube, the second pic is my pilot car. I wouldnt be surprised if someone just figured all the turbo cars were the same when ordering a new one.

Interesting. Maybe some of the dealers out that way fubared the tube during the cylinder head replacements and that is how they figured it was before and happened to fit decently? I've seen many of them out east and never saw the tube in front of the manifold like that.

That's wierd. But yeah, all three Spirit R/T's I've seen had the dipstick tube next to the separator box. Very close to what Tyler posted but more right in between the runners, with the tube clamp bolted piggyback onto one of the intake manifold attaching bolts. Never realized it was wrong that way! I like the tube coming up behind the ignition coil better. What should the tube clamp bolt onto in that area though?

There is a flange bolt on the intake manifold right there behind the coil.

turbovanman²
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Looks awesome guys, :nod:

Why no adjustable cam gears? :eyebrows:

"I cant get 26psi out of my 8valve without blowing it up, but i heard tIII was better so maybe i should buy that RARE stuff and break IT now!"

Hey, I represent that. :confused: :lol:

Captain Chaos
03-04-2010, 02:31 PM
The good screen door stuff is wire mesh, not fiberglass. Not saying thats what his screen is...just saying.;)

:lol:

Lotashelbys
03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Ok just to clear this big "dipstick contraversy" up its correct on Cindys car. Thats the way they were from the factory and the dipstick and tube are longer for the TIII than the 8valves. There is a attachment that loops around the stick and is held on by the farthest intake bolt to the drivers side.

iTurbo
03-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Jackson. Looks like I got some minor updating to do on my cars.

That reminds me, the white Spirit R/T I bought in Des Moines a couple years ago actually didn't have a dipstick at all. It was one of those little things that the previous owner forgot to mention. I went to check the oil and the hole in the block is JB Welded shut! I can only hope it can still be drilled out. I changed the oil about 20 miles after buying it and there was at least 8 quarts in there. No wonder it was smokin haha.

rx2mazda
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Carroll already knows!!!

WOW! :lol:

turboshad
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
WOW! :lol:

oooooo.....now you're gonna make him post all his Carroll + hottie pictures again.

JamesL
03-06-2010, 11:48 AM
I haven't had much to say on this thread because I've had almost nothing to do with the build of this car and as usual I was very surprised when it showed up in the driveway.:confused: Cindy has a habit of that. I'm wondering how many more cars Cindy owns that are sitting in someone’s garage, shop or barn...Speak up! :evil: What I can tell you about this build is that it is one of the finest jobs I’ve ever seen on a Daytona, for that matter on any car. :nod: The attention to detail is something I really admire about Jackson’s skill. Something else I’m noticing is that you guys up North in winter wonderland understand what you have to do to make a car last.:amen: The rust proofing, stainless fasteners and tight seals are going to make this car last, mostly problem free, for some time here in Texas. I did have the pleasure of driving the car. As this is a fresh motor, I am not one who likes to throw a lot of sustained rpm and load at a new build. I prefer a break in period and I know that was driving Jackson crazy. :D I don’t blame him. You can tell the power is there even at the low boost settings. This car will see 30+ psi of boost when it is ready and patience is the key to seeing that it stays together on its way there. This was also my first experience with a Holeset adaption. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. Spool up was effortless and I can’t wait to see what it does when it is flowing in its sweet spot. The other good news is that it’s an opportunity for me to spend some time on the dyno doing some fine tuning and revising on the cal. So HUGE props to Jackson on the project and thanks for all his work and assistance at the shop during his stay here. :clap:

Vigo
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
as usual was very surprised when it showed up in the driveway. Cindy has a habit of that.

:lol: Mason and I were laughing about that when we saw Cindy and the car..

I think these last two shes snuck in were justifiable... a 10 second csx and a sweet tIII r/t daytona? :amen:

So anyway i saw the car (via flashlight) and the engine compartment is a thing of beauty!!

Ill have to drop by again when its 'finished' :evil:

Hairy Kyle
03-26-2010, 12:20 AM
No one is as disappointed as i am about cindy's car. I seen it the first day it got picked up by jackson, all the way to the time it ended up on the trailer. Even giving a helping hand. the disappointing thing, is we were not able to test drive. Damn snow. But knowing jackson and driving the red shelby and the green iroc holset, and every other toy in his toy box. I know her car is quick. There is a lot of detail in the weirdest places on that car. Hope You guys injoy. another well done car by jackson

Cody
05-11-2010, 09:37 PM
can we see some underbody pics?

JamesL
05-14-2010, 12:42 PM

I need to get it on the lift...I'll try to do that this weekend.

Cody
05-14-2010, 05:40 PM
sweet...that would be awesome. I'm in the middle of restoring my underbody and need some inspiration

Cody
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Any news on this?

MNmopar
10-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Man, we need some pictures of this bad boy...

Pretty please?:D

Reeves
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
:bump2:

rx2mazda
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Cindy is so lazy....

She's probably just sitting around talking to Jackson's gay ---! LMAO

glhs727
11-29-2010, 07:13 PM
it is raining. The weather is suppose to be nice later this week. I will take some new pictures and post them up. And yea, I'm lazy... why do I need to take pictures when I can look at the real thing everyday LOL!!!

Vigo
11-29-2010, 08:40 PM
why do I need to take pictures when I can look at the real thing everyday LOL!!!

LOL nice!!

rx2mazda
11-29-2010, 09:59 PM
it is raining. The weather is suppose to be nice later this week. I will take some new pictures and post them up. And yea, I'm lazy... why do I need to take pictures when I can look at the real thing everyday LOL!!!

Are you talking about Jackson or your car? :confused: ;)

turboshad
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Are you talking about Jackson or your car? :confused: ;)

If you start thinking this last page was about Jackson, things get pretty wierd pretty quick.

:confused:

I'm in the middle of restoring my underbody and need some inspiration

:confused::confused:

Man, we need some pictures of this bad boy...

Pretty please?:D

:confused::confused::confused:

rx2mazda
11-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Jackson! Please post some underbody pics!!!!

Aries_Turbo
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
you jackson gazers ruined this thread! :)

dj'sr/t
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice looking car! Cant wait to see more pics!

glhs727
12-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Back on topic. here are some more pictures.

I still need to buff out the paint, and fix a couple of spots.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1826.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1825.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1824.jpg

glhs727
12-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Here are some underbody:
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1835.jpg
the white spots are water spots, i didn;t wipe it off before I took the pics
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1834.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1829.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/fwdpictures1833.jpg

22shelby
12-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Omg!!!!!

omni_840
12-05-2010, 02:09 AM
^^^That sums it up!

You could eat off that underbody:D

Vigo
12-05-2010, 02:14 AM
That one cheap exhaust clamp looks really out of place! Of course the rest looks wonderful.

I think it could benefit from some small wheel spacers.

Looks good in black. I guess i never thought about it before but i cant remember seeing one black before.

glht_omni
12-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Looks very nice, awesome job Cindy and jackson.
Those wheels give it a more aggressive stance.
Cindy, you have me beat with the konis, I only have kyb. I don't see your front and rear swaybars on there, I have them and its a huge difference!

glht_omni
12-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Looks very nice, awesome job Cindy and jackson.
Those wheels give it a more aggressive stance.
Cindy, you have me beat with the konis, I only have kyb. I don't see your front and rear swaybars on there, I have them and its a huge difference!

Reeves
12-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Looks GOOD!!!

Needs 4" exhaust....

LOL..

:love:

Lotashelbys
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
you jackson gazers ruined this thread! :)

Actually there is only one of those. Most people know him as RX2Mazda.....

Cindy
About time you took some pics of that beater:thumb:

Blue Iroc R/T
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Cindy, That looks GREAT! :thumb: Nice Teamwork Jackson and Cindy! :hail::hail::hail:

glhs727
12-06-2010, 05:41 PM
We are currently building a spirit r/t holset car similar to this build, so I am thinking about selling this daytona. Any interested buyers? if so PM. Car will not go cheap..... but i hightly doubt you will find another this nice for sale anytime soon...
Thanks,
Cindy

Lotashelbys
12-06-2010, 05:51 PM
We are currently building a spirit r/t holset car similar to this build,
Cindy

Who is???

turboshad
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Who is???

My guess is Cindy an Carroll. :p

glhs727
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM
LOL, you know that "great collaboration between FWD Performance parts and Jackson's tecnical skills....." ;)
now don't you have some work to do.... or are you going to start gazing this thread too..

glhs727
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
My guess is Cindy an Carroll. :p

not Carroll, he is too busy gazing at Jackson's underbody.....

Aries_Turbo
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
gazers :rolleyes:

glht_omni
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Lmfao

rx2mazda
12-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Rotflmao!! Good one Cindy :D

Lotashelbys
12-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Rotflmao!! Good one Cindy :D

Thats twice now she got you for being gay or gazing or something along the lines of your sexual preference.....