PDA

View Full Version : Finally, my course of action!

85_600
05-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Yea!

Well, it’s time to lay this out and hope for the best. I finally decided on a course of action to “upgrade” my 85 600.

This isn’t going to be a true T2 conversion. The reason why? Money and time, mostly time.

I’m going to IC the log with this modded log:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/249356_17_full.jpg

Next I’m going to use the stock LM and possibly stock injectors (need to hear from R/T on this) to go up to 13, “maybe” 14 psi, but more likely 13.

So, I’m hoping for the best here and I think what I’ll do is keep this thread updated with my rebuild and log IC conversion. My other thread was getting a bit messed up. I posted it up too soon for when I’m going to actually start working on this (mid July). This should be sufficient time to get some feedback on my idea/plan here to see if I’m missing anything.

The parts I have to use to IC the log are a stock IC, that modded log, galvanized steel 2” pipes for the IC piping (I’ll bead them around the ends so the couplers don’t blow off), a 3 wire o2 and quite possibly a wbo2, upgraded exhaust (2.5” from DP to muffler, still using the 2.25” SV :( ), and a G valve to hold the boost down.

That’s really about it, besides a vacuum block and the 4 lines “needed” to run a TD, I think I’m set for this.

I do plan on doing a T2 later down the road, but for now I need to do the minor rebuild and gain some performance, and reliability, if that’s possible.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, flames, just post them up, but try not to post too many;)

Thanks,
Paul

turbovanman²
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Sounds good, are you buying the IC setup from the guy on TD?

cordes
05-31-2006, 10:23 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I know that projects can get out of hand very easliy with these cars so this will probably be the way to go without having the car appart for a month or two.

85_600
06-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Sounds good, are you buying the IC setup from the guy on TD?

The modded log is from dwh4784 on here. He has a 85 New Yorker and was going to use it but decided to do the T2.

R/T just gave me an update as well. The stock LM and injectors should be suffcient for my psi goals. So, all I need to do now is just wait, buy some parts, then rebuild the engine :yuck:

beavis1313
06-01-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm just wondering what happend to the TII LM and one piece intake you got with the car from Bryan and why your not going to use them

yogurt_slinger
06-01-2006, 07:46 PM
and the TII intercooler......:o

85_600
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
The IC is being used. I'm still debating on what to do with the LM and intake. If I sell them along with some other items I've received, I can cut the costs down on my rebuild.

I still plan on doing a T2, just not right now. If I didn't have the rebuild to contend with then the T2 would be done now, not later, however, getting the parts for that AND doing the T2, I need to cut some costs out here and there.

cordes
06-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Keep the LM and intake. You wont get squat for the intake compared to when you will want to buy another one next year. I would hang onto the LM too.

I like your style here, as I think you will have much more drive time with the car and less lying under the car time.

I am more and more becoming a slow and steady type of guy when it comes to mods.

3Bar_Mopar
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I am more and more becoming a slow and steady type of guy when it comes to mods.

That's the only way to be. Work the bugs out one mod at a time with some headroom for the next mod, and make sure it works well before adding another mod.

Me being broke most of the time has forced me to be this way.

beavis1313
06-01-2006, 11:19 PM
well all i'm saying it if you going to change the intake why do it twice why not just use the one piece from that start

cordes
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
well all i'm saying it if you going to change the intake why do it twice why not just use the one piece from that start

I think he still needs to source a few more parts for the TII conversion, and we are trying to do this with a TMer's budget. :thumb:

85_600
06-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I think he still needs to source a few more parts for the TII conversion, and we are trying to do this with a TMer's budget. :thumb:

Exactly:thumb: And I'm sure some of you who are "expecting" can understand too that, on top of a TM owner budget, I have 4 kids to take care of as well :D

The T2 will happen, just not any time soon. I think a few years between mods would suite me and my wife just fine. This is why I don't want to do any 'real' messing with the setup. Just a modified log to accept a IC and a G valve are about all I can do right now, especially with the rebuild. Like I said, if I was just doing a T2 it would be no problem at all. But the rebuild, and me not having done anything internally to an engine in almost 20 years, well, let's just say I have set aside 6 days this Summer to get all of this done. That's 6 8 hour days, so I think 48 hours should be plenty to get the 600 up and running.:)

cordes
06-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Exactly:thumb: That's 6 8 hour days, so I think 48 hours should be plenty to get the 600 up and running.:)

I find that with enough time and a good crying chair everything comes together nicly.

You should be all set to go.