PDA

View Full Version : Vac. Line question

85_600
05-31-2006, 07:16 PM
In one of my previous posts R/T said that only 4 lines are needed to run a TD.

On the stock vac. line diagram there are items like solenoids and bleeds shown. Are these needed when using a vac. block and using only 4 lines or can I just run vac. line from the vac. block to where ever it needs to go?

Thanks,
Paul

Whorse
05-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Well your intake manifold has a few ports depending on the year, but all the vaccuum lines can come from one source on it.

You don't need the lines to the purge canister that come off the TB. They can just be capped at both ends (leave it running to the tank though).

2 solenoids control the wastegate, so if you run a bleed you can just move them close to the turbo and run short lines.

One goes to your BOV if you have one.

If you're getting more into custom work you can remove a bit more. Might be a couple I missed, but that's a start.

cordes
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I run a direct line to the MAP, FPR, g-valve, and BOV. No bleeds or check valves are needed for the first two. YOu will need a vac line for the brake booster, but that one is usually a big dedicated one off of the back of the manifold, and it is usually easiest to stick with the stock setup for that.

So, in essence you dont really need most of the lins with the check valves and bleeds. Although the heater controls should be left alone if you want more than defrost.