PDA

View Full Version : 93 P Body Intercooling

Captain Chaos
05-31-2006, 04:42 PM
I want to use some kind of stock rad I/C assembly on my Shadow. Will a setup out of an R/T bolt in?

inmyshadow
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
I believe the Spirit R/T intercooler/radiator is a drop in affair for 91+ cars.

Friend dropped one into his 91 Shadow convertible.

Captain Chaos
05-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I believe the Spirit R/T intercooler/radiator is a drop in affair for 91+ cars.

Friend dropped one into his 91 Shadow convertible.
Cool now for my next trick. Find one.:thumb:

PS Nice Shadow in your sig.:thumb:

Whorse
05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
I think the VNT rad/IC is the same. I was comparing my IC to a TIII and it's almost identical, just a couple different brackets.

inmyshadow
06-01-2006, 03:36 AM
This is the problem. Seems up 90, shadows had specific radiators/intercoolers.

To fit my Gbody intercooler/radiator into my 90 shadow, I had to have the filler neck lowered. Then I had to cut and hammer some of the hood supports. I neede to remove the padding under the hood.

Before I did all this, a few of use tried mocking up spirit intercooler/radiator. It was too short and maybe to long.

But in 91 the front end changed for p-bodies. The core support is more like spirits. I was surprised my friend installed a spirit r/t setup. It fits perfectly.

later

I think the VNT rad/IC is the same. I was comparing my IC to a TIII and it's almost identical, just a couple different brackets.

Captain Chaos
06-01-2006, 07:47 AM
This is the problem. Seems up 90, shadows had specific radiators/intercoolers.

To fit my Gbody intercooler/radiator into my 90 shadow, I had to have the filler neck lowered. Then I had to cut and hammer some of the hood supports. I neede to remove the padding under the hood.

Before I did all this, a few of use tried mocking up spirit intercooler/radiator. It was too short and maybe to long.

But in 91 the front end changed for p-bodies. The core support is more like spirits. I was surprised my friend installed a spirit r/t setup. It fits perfectly.

later
After pulling the radiator out of mine and seeing how my friends Spirit R/T mounted it "seems" like a drop in.

GLHNSLHT2
06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
ok but for the price you could have a nice 1st gen cummins i/c and keep your big stock rad. Why not go that route?