PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Anybody want a 13 second Spirit?

Dave
05-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Okay I've sold it once before and thought it was a mistake, but it's just not working out. It's not her, it's me, I swear. :amen:

Ahem, anyways. I'm sure I'd be okay if it went to a good home.

Everything away from stock:

Intake
-'87 TII Garrett turbo (no shaft play)
-3" mandrel bent ram air intake
-3.5" APC filter
-TII front mount intercooler
-2" intercooler piping
-Blitz BOV
-TII 1 piece intake
-In-cabin HP Performance manual boost controller (right now set to 14psi)
-Manual cut out raiser

Internals
-Melling high volume oil pump
-Clevite 77 rod bearings
-New intermediate shaft
-New rear main seal

Trans.
-Freshly rebuilt A413
-5 clutches
-RMVB, line pressure set to 125psi
-Brand new OEM torque converter
-Perma Cool trans. cooler

Fuel
-Walbro 255 L/hr fuel pump
-FM adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-+20% injectors
-Summit 0-60psi fuel pressure gauge

Exhaust
-Heavily ported exhaust manifold
-2.5" crushed exhaust with a manual cut out after the downpipe, no cat, and a Dynomax Ultraflow muffler

Electronics
-FWD Performance Stage 3 SMEC
-8mm Taylor plug wires in custom yellow
-New cap and rotor
-RN12YC plugs
-New Bosch starter
-New MAP sensor
-Infiniti radio with 12 presets

Interior
-Autometer Phantom series 30/20 boost gauge
-No headliner

Exterior
-Reconditioned 15" Snowflakes (powdercoated silver) riding on fairly new Cooper Cobra 205/50/15's up front and 205/60/15's in the back

Suspension
-New heavy duty rear shocks
-New passenger side strut (hit a curb, oops!)

Misc.
-New power steering and alternator belts
-Removed the A/C and condensor
-Non A/C bracket
-New headlight buckets and bulbs

More stuff, both front fog lights used to work. The passenger side went out on me, so I had it replaced. Now the driver side went out. I can get that fixed for $5 and some time. Rust... now there isn't much. Two spots in the deck lid and some on the infamous e-brake portion, and a little bit on the opposing side.

The car has almost 111,000 miles on it. Obviously it doesn't look like it. It got keyed on the driver's side before when it wasn't mine. But I can get that fixed for an extra $250 as insurance will cover it as vandalism.

On 23" M&H slicks it went a 13.91 at 97mph while blowing them away with a 2.027 60' time. With a proper tune (it's fat rich!) and hooking up it's possible to make this a mid 13 second car. Put a bigger intercooler in and it will go low 13's.

BTW the in-cab MBC works great! It spiks only 1psi but settles very quickly. No problems with it.

I obviously have a lot done to this car, and it's in great working order. I'm selling it because I need money to buy a beater while I work on building a different type of car.

Okay I think that's all. Feel free to ask questions. BTW the car is located in NE, Ohio. I have over $2,400 just in parts in it. I'm asking $2,500 for it as is. Remember, it's a 13 second four door that can haul ---, groceries, and kids at the same time!

You can call me at (330) 208-6902
E-mail me at sirusvi@yahoo.com
Or PM me.

Dave
05-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Pictures:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/IM006073.JPG
I obsessively cleaned the engine and engine bay.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/MBC_in_cab.jpg

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/driver_doors.JPG
The doors are in perfect condition!

Whorse
05-31-2006, 12:02 AM
how about 2500 shipped across the border and half way across the country?

:P I will throw in my van.

Dave
05-31-2006, 12:36 AM
how about 2500 shipped across the border and half way across the country?

:P I will throw in my van.

Yah that's over $1,400 just in shipping. lol

Dave
06-01-2006, 01:21 PM
It's clean and very quick. No one wants it?

r00tcause
06-01-2006, 02:17 PM
It's clean and very quick. No one wants it?

I responded to your PM on TD.

ptdon
06-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Dave is the car sold.

1quik4
06-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Don, I have seen this car first hand and its nice! I think you would be really happy with this one assuming its not sold yet.

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Dave is the car sold.

I just canned the deal so the car is available.

Dave
06-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Deal fell through... deciding to keep it. :( I'll do up the 2.4 later in the year. For now, just a rebuild and a huge intercooler will work. Here I come low 13's!

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Deal fell through... deciding to keep it. :( I'll do up the 2.4 later in the year. For now, just a rebuild and a huge intercooler will work. Here I come low 13's!

Hope you aren't mad, it just wasn't in the cards. You have a really nice car thats been very well taken care of.

turbovanmanČ
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
^Nice to say that Sean, :thumb:

I saw Rootcause and went WTF, but I guess you changed it over, :p

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
^Nice to say that Sean, :thumb:

There were many reasons for the deal being killed but none of them have anything to do with his car. You aren't going to find many that clean anymore. He seems to obsessively clean his car.

I saw Rootcause and went WTF, but I guess you changed it over, :p

You're like..wait..which site am I on!??! :)

Yeah, frank is quick on the draw... I put the request in like an hour ago and bam, its done.

I dubbed him "Boosted Admin" because he seems to admin at 32psi.

I dont own any more Omni's and my GTI ground effects are all for sale. I didnt see the point of keeping that username so I switched to my not-car-related boostedmopar.com name.

ptdon
06-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok so you are not selling the spirit .

Dave
06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok so you are not selling the spirit .

Right. I can rebuild it for $347. Time to get ahold of Cindy and get my pistons coming. I already ordered all the gaskets.

It's okay Sean, I'm not mad. Can we still be friends? :eyebrows: BTW I don't know if washing it every 2 or 3 days and vaccuming and cleaning the interior every day is obsessive. Is it?

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Right. I can rebuild it for $347. Time to get ahold of Cindy and get my pistons coming. I already ordered all the gaskets.

It's okay Sean, I'm not mad. Can we still be friends? :eyebrows:

I don't know about that... for some reason my phone won't let me talk to you. :confused: :D

Now off to the wanted section. I wonder if anyone has a front motor mount bracket for a V6?

BTW I don't know if washing it every 2 or 3 days and vaccuming and cleaning the interior every day is obsessive. Is it?

No, thats perfectly normal. http://boostedmopar.com/forums/images/smilies/nut.gif

turbovanmanČ
06-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't know about that... for some reason my phone won't let me talk to you. :confused: :D

Now off to the wanted section. I wonder if anyone has a front motor mount bracket for a V6?

I could get you one, whats it for?

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I could get you one, whats it for?

Parts Wanted section is your friend. ;)

CUDA 1
06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Bryan, is the car for sale or not? What is the deal with needing pistons? Have some interest in it. I saw you said you were going to keep it but if you're like me that can change day to day. If it does need pistons ,any idea on cause? I saw you said it runs rich at boost (is there some change after you got the FWD SMEC?)

Mustanghater
06-16-2006, 11:49 AM
If this is the car I'm thinking of i saw it at summit racing on sunday. It was a nice car.

ptdon
06-18-2006, 05:50 PM
OK the car is not for sale, for now, but it looks good nice job Dave PM me if it goes back on the market. Thanks

Dave
06-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Well since posting before I've added a new grill.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/SPIRIT_017.jpg

You can even see the intercooler now. :D
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/SPIRIT_016.jpg

Anyways. The pistons are on their way. And I think I've got a deal on a rebuilt TII Garrett.

So basically it has a rebuilt bottom end with Mahles and a new stock turbo.

If someone makes me a good enough offer, I suppose I'd let it go.

And yes, it was at Summit on Sunday. Thanks for all the compliments guys. I've put a lot of my life into this beast.