PDA

View Full Version : 89 CSX suspension info...help

JuXsA
05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
What did shelby do on the CSX-VNT to alter the Handling of the car? I have heard that the 89 CSX handling like nothing else and I want to know what he did to it so I can try and get my 88 CSXT setup in a similer fasion. What where the alignment specs set to? What kind of suspension did it have? How about the front and rear sway bars?

ShelbyZD
06-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I would imagine a change of the shocks/struts and springs as well as the front bushings .. to bring it up to or above stock specs would accomplish that.

If you want to go full out get the Eibach springs and Koni shocks/struts. If you can't afford to.. go with KYB Gas-Adjust rear shocks and Bilstein front struts. I don't know what to suggest for springs on that setup though. If you can get the Mopar Performance ones they would be perfect.. if not I don't know. You can get that stuff at FWD Performance.

For Bushings go to Polybushings. http://www.polybushings.com/ He also has front and rear sway bar upgrades. A strut brace wouldn't hurt either and you can get those at FWD Performance and some of the guys are buying neon ones a heck of a lot cheaper off ebay and then re-drilling the holes to fit their strut towers.

Oh yeah.. don't forget tires. Your gonna want stiff sidewalls and sticky. Stock size 205/50/15s are fine.. just make sure the sidewalls are hard.. aka you should be able to sit on the tire without it squashing down much at all. If you wanna stick to the pavement.. a 240 or under treadware is what your looking for. The lower treadware the stickier.. however they also don't wear as well as the harder tires.

cordes
06-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Personally, I would go with 225/50R15s on a shadow. Hopefully on 6.5" crabs if you don't go with an aftermarket wheel.

GLHNSLHT2
06-03-2006, 06:27 PM
well 1st it has the better dual pivot and stiffer kmember. That's the #1 change and will make it handle much better. Like the above I'd go with Poly bushings all the way around. For Alignment it'll corner on rails even on 185's with -1.5 degrees in each front wheel and -1.0 on each rear. Set toe to stock straight ahead. It'll be neutral to just a tad bit of oversteer.