PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco Pistons....

dodge80_89
02-20-2010, 03:05 AM
This is the best place I can put this since this is not a rant.

First I guess we should start at the beginning. Back in '05 I bought a set of 2.5 16v Wiseco pistons from Turbos Unleashed. After getting told they should be ready in about a month, I didn't receive them till 8 months later. This was not due to TU, but due to unknown manufacturing reasons that I don't think either me or Chris was ever told about. Anyways by the time they showed up, I bought a house and the fund for my engine went to that. After I saved up enough money, my builder was then back logged due to race season ending. Well after other unexpected things coming up, 4 years later the engine build was on, then the problem arrived.

The machinist was getting the block prepped for boring and was checking the clearances on the pistons. All the specifications were correct EXCEPT the bore for the wrist pin. I can't remember the numbers, but when the wrist pin was slid in, it "rattled" in the bore. Got in contact with Chris, and he talked with Wiseco. They wanted to inspect the pistons themselves so I got forwarded the contact info on where to send them. After dragging my feet for a couple of months I sent them out. I didn't think there was going to be much chance of getting a resolution since it had been over 4 years since I ordered them.

The day after they received them I got an email from the guy I sent them to and they are REMAKING them, and shipping them back free of charge.:clap: That is far and above what I expected. I even said that a larger pin would be acceptable.

Wiseco has proved to me they are a company that stands behind their product. Unfortunate that this circumstance happened, but I couldn't be happier with the results so far. I should have them back in a couple weeks, then off to the builder to finish up the engine work.

Just wanted to let everyone know, sorry this was such a long post, figured it wouldn't make much sense if I didn't explain it all.

supercrackerbox
02-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Excellent!

turbovanmanČ
02-20-2010, 04:36 AM
At least you got your pistons, :banghead:

2.216VTurbo
02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Since they are remaking them, ask how much for a 5th piston. Cheap insurance on custom motors and they've done 5 per set for me a couple times:)

tinyturbo
02-22-2010, 11:44 AM
So why didnt your machinist bush the rods and save you some hassle ? edit oops i see the piston did not fit the piston, hopfully you dont have to wait 8 more months.

8valveprick
06-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't feel like going through the whole story but I had a problem with another manufacturer's pistons on my first failed hybrid build. I told Wiseco rep my story of how I wasted so much time and money on the build and how frustrated I was with the responses I was getting. he hooked me up with a killer deal on custom pistons after he asked me for every detail about my hybrid setup. They only took a few weeks to design and build them. The whole experience was great.