PDA

View Full Version : Video: Caliber SRT4 vs Camaro 2010

Mario_V
02-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Hello...It is been a while since my last post.

I want to share with you a video (http://turbosmx.com/turbos.html#/content/2Videos/Track%20Days/Caliber_SRT4_vs_Camaro_2010.flv) of a friend's Caliber SRT4 running some laps against a 2010 Camaro on a track day.

Hope you can check the new layout of my site.

raccoon
02-19-2010, 10:25 PM
lol that caliber is pushy as ----.

some guys just wanted out of its way, hehe.

Ondonti
02-20-2010, 05:44 AM
why did the engine seem to crap out every lap after the small s turn into the short straight?

blk86trbo
02-20-2010, 07:21 AM
That looked like a blast, what kind of modifications does he have? Thanks for sharing :)

54inches
02-20-2010, 11:00 AM

Agreed, they all let him pass. It was laughable at best. All of the OTHER cars were just warming their tires. Did you see how high some of them were taking there cars.:D

I race people all the time on my bicycle. It's fast. I just don't tell people.

shelbydave
02-20-2010, 11:16 AM

why did the engine seem to crap out every lap after the small s turn into the short straight?

Agreed, they all let him pass. It was laughable at best. All of the OTHER cars were just warming their tires. Did you see how high some of them were taking there cars.:D

I race people all the time on my bicycle. It's fast. I just don't tell people.

Kinda hostile here eh? Maybe that's why its been a while since he posted...

The video looked like they were having fun. I can't wait to take mine out on the road course...

Ondonti
02-20-2010, 11:57 AM
what does my question have to do with hostility?
I asked about the strange behavior of the car on the opening of the short straight, every lap.

raccoon
02-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Kinda hostile here eh? Maybe that's why its been a while since he posted...

no odds are he has a life and isn't on the internets atm.

Mario_V
02-20-2010, 01:41 PM

I really don't know but what I've seen from the stands is that the CSRT4 roasts the front tires very easy if you accelerate early on the exit of a curve, I think my friend shifts to 3th early to prevent that but it kind of bogs the engine.

Someone asked about the mods. As far as I know it just has exhuast and a little negative camber on the front tires.

The only cars playing were the yellow Camaro and the Caliber all of the others just moved out of their way.

54inches
02-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Kinda hostile here eh? Maybe that's why its been a while since he posted....

I expect this response from a Caliber owner.:D

iTurbo
02-20-2010, 05:16 PM
It's no secret most people here dog on the CSRT whenever they get the chance, not to mention base everything they say about it on what they've read on the internet or driving a base model Caliber. The owners love their cars (myself included) and they respond well to minimal mods. I guess it wouldn't be right if the CSRT wasn't the underdog....all part of being a turbo mopar.

iTurbo
02-20-2010, 05:18 PM
I really don't know but what I've seen from the stands is that the CSRT4 roasts the front tires very easy if you accelerate early on the exit of a curve, I think my friend shifts to 3th early to prevent that but it kind of bogs the engine.

Someone asked about the mods. As far as I know it just has exhuast and a little negative camber on the front tires.

The only cars playing were the yellow Camaro and the Caliber all of the others just moved out of their way.

Do you know what exhaust is on that car specifically? I think I'm just going to go 3" all the way on mine.....no cat or muffler. Screw it, I live in Wyoming:p

Mario_V
05-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Do you know what exhaust is on that car specifically? I think I'm just going to go 3" all the way on mine.....no cat or muffler. Screw it, I live in Wyoming:p

That's what this CSRT4 has, 3" all the way.

The CSRT4 now has a MP swaybar setup and handles great.

Two more videos, the first one against an Audi TT (2.0 Turbo):

Both videos are available on HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbNx3E9CU3A

And against a Seat Leon Cupra Copa 285hp stock (this one is modded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEnH-WNndRs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEnH-WNndRs

badandy
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for sharing! CSRT4 looked like it was taking care of business to me :eyebrows:

JamesL
06-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Looks like its been lowered a bit...Coilovers? Must suck to get spanked by a wagon. :)

dodgeshadowchik
06-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Looks like fun!

glhs571
10-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks for sharing looks like fun, the CSRT was taking those turns pretty well.

eduardo_rt
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Sweet Truck Bro Mario XD