PDA

View Full Version : turbo...

moparfwdsleeper
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
i was just looking over midnighttokers FS thread and saw the pic of his freshly rebuilt TIII turbo and thought of this... Now im wondering if it would be worth it, taking a TII/TIII turbo and putting it on the SRT... Reason I ask is I have a good TIII turbo, manifolds are fairly cheap... Would it be worth it over the stock mitsu or is the stock mitsu better?

it was just a thought, figured id ask those with more knowledge:nod:

BadAssPerformance
02-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Many cars making good power off the stock turbofold... and if you were to mod it more... I would go bigger than a stock Garrett. :nod:

... I might be selling an R/T Ernie header, GT35R and downpipe :D

moparfwdsleeper
02-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Many cars making good power off the stock turbofold... and if you were to mod it more... I would go bigger than a stock Garrett. :nod:

... I might be selling an R/T Ernie header, GT35R and downpipe :D

Cindy said the Mitsu's wasn't bad, but Tony's pic got me wondering. I have plans to go bigger, but want to get other things done before I go big turbo.

Just to make sure I'm 100% clear, you would suggest I keep the mitsu over the garret until the time comes when I go bigger?

85boostbox
02-19-2010, 02:21 AM
who is tony??? LMFAO

moparfwdsleeper
02-19-2010, 02:23 AM
who is tony??? LMFAO

midnighttoker, keep up Paul LOL

BadAssPerformance
02-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Goals?

moparfwdsleeper
02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Goals?

11s, id even settle for 12s. But at the moment, just looking to see if the TIII would performance better then the current mitsu.

BadAssPerformance
02-19-2010, 11:41 PM
11s, id even settle for 12s.

Can run 12's on stock turbo

But at the moment, just looking to see if the TIII would performance better then the current mitsu.

Yes, a larger turbo will perform better, but for all the work needed to make the modification, why not step up a little larger?

jason.weissinger
02-20-2010, 11:09 AM
:lol:Go big!!!!!!!!

moparfwdsleeper
02-21-2010, 09:33 PM

Yes, a larger turbo will perform better, but for all the work needed to make the modification, why not step up a little larger?

I didn't know that about the stock turbo.

I'll wait til I have the $$ for the turbo I'd like to run.

85boostbox
02-24-2010, 12:20 AM
i smell another part out

moparfwdsleeper
02-24-2010, 09:24 PM
i smell another part out

Nah, I think I'm going to keep the Shadow as a winter beater/summer project

Then use the SRT as a summer beater/winter project.

Aries_Turbo
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
dont be a vag.... go holset! ;) cheap, good and make great power. :)

Brian

Pat
02-25-2010, 12:06 AM

+1. I went 13.40 on my bone stock, untouched, paper air filtered SRT with slicks aired way up to keep from hurting anything on two separate tracks. ST's were only in the 1.9's. I bet if I let the slicks get sticky and hammered it, 13.1's would have been possible.

Couple of bolt ons, and some more boost and 12's should be easy.

moparfwdsleeper
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
dont be a vag.... go holset! ;) cheap, good and make great power. :)

Brian

-vag, that is what Jackson told me to do. considering it or my current pick.

+1. I went 13.40 on my bone stock, untouched, paper air filtered SRT with slicks aired way up to keep from hurting anything on two separate tracks. ST's were only in the 1.9's. I bet if I let the slicks get sticky and hammered it, 13.1's would have been possible.

Couple of bolt ons, and some more boost and 12's should be easy.

More boost is coming, S2 spiking 15-17 but holding 14:confused2:

This Saturday is suppose to be nice, hoping to have the time to remove the solenoids before heading to the track(opening night!).

Keito
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=BadAssPerformance;626864]Can run 12's on stock turbo

My memory is getting bad but I think I remember someone claiming they
went 11.80's on stock turbo, no nitrous, over on SRT forums.
I'll go look.

MR. X
03-01-2010, 11:09 PM
i was just looking over midnighttokers FS thread and saw the pic of his freshly rebuilt TIII turbo and thought of this... Now im wondering if it would be worth it, taking a TII/TIII turbo and putting it on the SRT... Reason I ask is I have a good TIII turbo, manifolds are fairly cheap... Would it be worth it over the stock mitsu or is the stock mitsu better?

it was just a thought, figured id ask those with more knowledge:nod:

I would thing although the Garrett is a little better than the mitsu, thats a bunch of work and some expense just for a tiny gain in performance. Precision has a smaller turbo that will make up to 400hp. Its inexpensive and Precision as shown lately to be a good brand.