PDA

View Full Version : 88 Chrysler Woody T&C Turbo Wagon

bradp
02-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Getting ready to intercool and many more things to the wagon but of course keep it "stock" looking. Here's the radiator I got back today, had to have the overfloe nipple soldered on, the radiator looked great but was about 50% plugged up so it was cleaned, rodded, tested and painted for $60.

I also included a picture of the boost gauge but I have an AutoMeter to go in it.

Finally I found the pic of it the day I picked it up in Cincinnati (thanks again Tracy Doyle):amen:

blk86trbo
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Cool Brad...the trailer picture is awesome. Get many stares on the ride back? I couldn't tell when I was hauling mine home, as I was the one passing everybody :nod:

bradp
02-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Cool Brad...the trailer picture is awesome. Get many stares on the ride back? I couldn't tell when I was hauling mine home, as I was the one passing everybody :nod:

Yeah Dad went with me and we had probably 4 people honk and wave when they went by.:eyebrows:

raccoon
02-19-2010, 12:03 AM
i want one of those.

zin
02-19-2010, 01:37 AM
I've got one too, now... Well, it's camoflaged so you can't see the "wood"....

Mike

PS Good to see you still can't leave anything alone! I'd hate to be the only one!

PPS Shoot me that title already!!!:p

bradp
02-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I've got one too, now... Well, it's camoflaged so you can't see the "wood"....

Mike

PS Good to see you still can't leave anything alone! I'd hate to be the only one!

PPS Shoot me that title already!!!:p

I am I am!!!:)

Vigo
02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I like the sunpro gauge better!

Lookin good!

turbokid
02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Ya the sunpro gauge kind of gives it an old school feel.

bradp
02-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah but the Sunpro rattles under boost and is very annoying....lol

TopDollar69
02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Brad,

Is your car tan or white?

bradp
02-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Brad,

Is your car tan or white?

It is PT1 Cream-Light Clear Coat

trbowgn
02-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah but the Sunpro rattles under boost and is very annoying....lol

Is it the gauge itself or the bracket. I have a VDO mounted in the exact same spot on mine and it was rattling like made and I took the dash back apart and the bracket had slipped and was loose. Tightened it back up and a few weeks later it did the same thing so now I have just removed the bracket and secured it with a ring clamp around the gage.
I think that plastic is kind of flimsy and it would just slip after a while.

Vigo
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
See that is why i drill all mine at 2" and dremel out to 'press-fit" :p

bradp
02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Is it the gauge itself or the bracket. I have a VDO mounted in the exact same spot on mine and it was rattling like made and I took the dash back apart and the bracket had slipped and was loose. Tightened it back up and a few weeks later it did the same thing so now I have just removed the bracket and secured it with a ring clamp around the gage.
I think that plastic is kind of flimsy and it would just slip after a while.

No it's the gauge:(

turbokid
02-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Oh that sux. My faze likes to turn the light on when it feels like it. Thats always fun. sometimes it lights up and sometimes it doesn't. Check all the connections and its all good.
Its just the gauge itself.
Oh well
Q

bradp
04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Fixed my boost issue (Grainger valve the WG can was good and one of the vacuum lines had a very small hole) and cleaned it up. The thing looks like new!!!! It pulls hard for having a Mitsu:thumb: This fall the Garrett swap w/ 3" SV and exhaust will happen.

A.J.
04-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Fixed my boost issue (Grainger valve the WG can was good and one of the vacuum lines had a very small hole) and cleaned it up. The thing looks like new!!!! It pulls hard for having a Mitsu:thumb: This fall the Garrett swap w/ 3" SV and exhaust will happen.

With this car being an automatic, your probably not going to like the lag of the Garrett. I'm subscribing to this thread because I want to know your opinion of what you think when you get the Garrett in. I want to put a Garrett in my Dad's T&C but I'm afraid he won't like the lag. Keep us posted.

A.J.

bradp
04-29-2010, 10:00 PM
With this car being an automatic, your probably not going to like the lag of the Garrett. I'm subscribing to this thread because I want to know your opinion of what you think when you get the Garrett in. I want to put a Garrett in my Dad's T&C but I'm afraid he won't like the lag. Keep us posted.

A.J.

What lag? My old 88 had Chris' turbo with quick spool and anyone that rode in it will tell you it had no lag. I'm doing the same on this one. The old one ran 14.20@96 w/ only 14psi boost and a slipping 413. Here's a link to the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSPlagVaFJI

and the burnout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUiR9EA3wEk&feature=player_embedded

omni_840
04-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Very nice looking wagon!

I'm digging the hubcaps:D

TopDollar69
04-29-2010, 10:57 PM
The quick spool option is a must have with an automatic in my opinion.

86seeS
04-29-2010, 11:34 PM
that car is awesome one of the cleanest TD's ive ever seen for sure..... subscribed!

A.J.
04-29-2010, 11:43 PM
What lag? My old 88 had Chris' turbo with quick spool and anyone that rode in it will tell you it had no lag. I'm doing the same on this one. The old one ran 14.20@96 w/ only 14psi boost and a slipping 413.

When you leave out pertinent information what do you expect. Unsubscribed! ;)

A.J.

moparman76_69
04-30-2010, 07:07 AM
What lag? My old 88 had Chris' turbo with quick spool and anyone that rode in it will tell you it had no lag. I'm doing the same on this one. The old one ran 14.20@96 w/ only 14psi boost and a slipping 413. Here's a link to the run.

I still find it funny that it ran exactly what you expected it to.

Captain Chaos
04-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I still find it funny that it ran exactly what you expected it to.

He pedalled it.:thumb:

bradp
04-30-2010, 08:26 AM
He pedalled it.:thumb:

LOL I should have turned up the boost so I could run a 13:D

Vigo
04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
I need to race something with a torque converter for once.. Grrrr easy launches >: O

Damn good time for what it was!

Captain Chaos
04-30-2010, 01:22 PM

Don't forget to add those here:
http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7170

bradp
04-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I will when I have a little more time

TopDollar69
05-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I recently got some suspension work done on the wagon. Energy suspension control arm bushings, fast ratio rack, 89 LeBaron GTS front springs with one coil cut, Bilestein struts, KYB Gas-Adjusts in the rear, and Moog HD cargo rear coils. The sway bars still need some work, but it handles 100% better and looks 200% better.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Picture_0361.jpg

bradp
05-18-2010, 09:51 PM
I recently got some suspension work done on the wagon. Energy suspension control arm bushings, fast ratio rack, 89 LeBaron GTS front springs with one coil cut, Bilestein struts, KYB Gas-Adjusts in the rear, and Moog HD cargo rear coils. The sway bars still need some work, but it handles 100% better and looks 200% better.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Picture_0361.jpg

Looks awesome!!!!

A.J.
05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
I recently got some suspension work done on the wagon. Energy suspension control arm bushings, fast ratio rack,

When you say "fast ratio" rack, do you mean tight turning radius? I'm not saying what your calling it is wrong, I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. The rack where you get a full 1 1/2 turns of the steering wheel as oppose to 1 turn. If that is what you mean do you have a manufacturer and part number? Because whenever I order a rack it's a crap shoot.

B.T.W. nice looking woody.

A.J.

TopDollar69
05-18-2010, 10:06 PM
It has about 2.5 turns @ the rack. It was a crap shoot and it wasn't untill the second one that O'Reillys got me the correct one. I ordered one for an 89 Daytona Shelby, and tapped out the holes in the K frame for the larger 89+ racks. This one definitly has the stops installed for wider tires, but it's nice not to have to worry about rubbing the 205 tires on the inner fenders. The turning radius hs been compromised somewhat though.