PDA

View Full Version : shifter

88shadowpjct
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
swapping an '04 srt-4 into a '00 neon. i got the pedals and hydraulics for the clutch. now im focusing on the shifter and cables. will 523 cables from a shadow work? what about the shifter out of the shadow as well? i know it bolts to the floor but will it work right? or do i HAVE to buy a shifter base and cables from an srt-4? any other options?

inmyshadow
02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
The cables in theory should work. Just not sure how long the shadow cables are compared to neon cables.

the shadow's shifter base won't be flush on a neon's floorboard. Our 543/523/568 shifter bases aren't flat like the neons. This means there will probably not be enough thread on the front of the shifter base to thread the nuts.

I'd just get a 2gen neon shifter. The base is changed for the 2gen neons.

If you are looking for a short shift, then look up http://www.maddogsts.com/.

swapping an '04 srt-4 into a '00 neon. i got the pedals and hydraulics for the clutch. now im focusing on the shifter and cables. will 523 cables from a shadow work? what about the shifter out of the shadow as well? i know it bolts to the floor but will it work right? or do i HAVE to buy a shifter base and cables from an srt-4? any other options?

moparfwdsleeper
02-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I currently have the MP STS... I'll be replacing it with a MadDog STS in the future:nod:

88shadowpjct
02-19-2010, 04:40 PM
those sound sick i want one lol thanks for the link!