PDA

View Full Version : Suitable core

marc
02-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi, can I use a 89 turbo 2 SMEC as a core if the core is bad? The SMEC that's in my car now sets a code 13 after its has been running for 10 minuets. Thanks, Marc

glhs727
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
We would have to check it out before we can tell if it is a suitable core. Normally we prefer to have known good cores.

marc
02-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the reply, Marc

Turbodave
02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Marc, I've never seen a code 13 due to a bad SMEC, usually it's a vacuum line leaking or bad fuel pressure regulator (check for fuel in the vacuum line going to it). Just a few things to check, and may allow you to make sure you've got a good core.

JamesL
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Marc, I've never seen a code 13 due to a bad SMEC, usually it's a vacuum line leaking or bad fuel pressure regulator (check for fuel in the vacuum line going to it). Just a few things to check, and may allow you to make sure you've got a good core.

True that!....maybe water in the map sensor/line.....If the car is having issues non computer related, a new cal won't fix the problem, rather you might think our cal doesn't work.

marc
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks, I tee in a vacuum gauge right up to the map, placed a DVM on the map output. All normal! Connected a scanner to it and the data stream was all f*** up. You see I never have anything normal break for me. If its the worst case scenario in car repair, its going to happen to me. Marc