PDA

View Full Version : Found a cheap site for our factory CD/AM FM radio..

tsiconquest88
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
While trying to find info on something i THINK may been the cause of my factory cd/radio in the RT, i found this site and sells the radio dirt cheap!!

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/8241729/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

JohnnyIroc
02-14-2010, 02:27 AM
nice find!
thanks bud

tsiconquest88
02-14-2010, 10:45 AM
No prob, i figured this may help lots of us that want to keep our fact cd player in our TM's or any car for that matter lol. BTW im an idiot, i think the reason it was only playing out of one speaker was cus the knob for the speakers was all the way left and up hahahaha. I will try it later today and see.

blk86trbo
02-14-2010, 10:48 AM
BTW im an idiot, i think the reason it was only playing out of one speaker was cus the knob for the speakers was all the way left and up hahahaha

LOL yeah, that would cause it, let's hope that was it :)

tsiconquest88
02-14-2010, 10:53 AM
yea cus what happened is i just bought the car a week ago, the player was in the back seat, he said something was wrong with it, naturally i plug it in and all to see whats up and hence the speaker issue formentioned. Didnt even really notice the knob for the speakers lolm i was looking all over the thing like ummm maybe its the balance/fade and couldnt see where to alter it so i took it back out (as i thought i remembered him saying the issue was it only played out of one speaker) and took it apart, got some pretty heavy resistance at the amp ic's so i took one out to see what the pn was and get a new one. Then i was looking at the front display and i was like wtf is that knob lol. and yea it was up and left and i dont think i nocked it that way. See what happens later on when i get this thing back in lol.

neongary
02-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Great site, thanks! If they could show factory part numbers for the units, that would be a bonus!

contraption22
02-14-2010, 11:06 AM
That's pretty cool, but for $69 bucks I got a Pioneer CD head unit for my Acclaim with modern features like MP3 compatibility and a front Aux input for my Ipod. Also reads CD-R's which my factory Neon radios have had trouble with.

tsiconquest88
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
oh yea but i put it up for people that want to replace back with their factory cd players that came in our TM's. like the t3's, vnt's etc. But yea as i said they sel radios for all kinds of cars. And 69, 79 is very good price for our factory cd players cus i see people selling them here for 100-150 and more.

minigts
02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Awesome. A factory In dash changer for $140. That is crazy cheap. That's just what I'm looking for. And that one plays MP3s I know for sure. It only needs an input for a line in or RCA inputs.

tsiconquest88
02-14-2010, 02:28 PM
u found that on the site?

minigts
02-14-2010, 02:41 PM
www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/7464621/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046/order/desc/order_by/sell_price

That should be the link for the one I was looking at.

minigts
02-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know if this radio and others like it need to be programmed from Chrysler before working?

strang3majik
02-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if this radio and others like it need to be programmed from Chrysler before working?

I've never heard of any of them needing factory programmed. Just plug and play.

and, just a warning, that radio won't fit correctly in our TM'ers. The 5 disc CD changer one...

that is the round face style that they switched to in 2002. The plugs were still the same for a few years, but, the actual radio face is different and just wouldn't work right in the factory location.

minigts
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm redesigning my center console area anyways, not worried about space. I'm going to (eventually) pull the radio out and build a frame for the radio and possibly some cup holders. The shifter will be a little in the way, but I'm working on that too. :D

Abkshelby
02-15-2010, 07:45 PM

and, just a warning, that radio won't fit correctly in our TM'ers. The 5 disc CD changer one...

that is the round face style that they switched to in 2002. The plugs were still the same for a few years, but, the actual radio face is different and just wouldn't work right in the factory location.

The round face radios started appearing in '00. '00 and '01 had the same plug as our older TD's. '02 up through '07 had the later style connector. Some of the later ones had to interface with the buss sysytem or whatever that crap is I don't like.

DodgeZ
02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
I have that single disc version of that radio for sale

tsiconquest88
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
the one i linked to? if so how much? cheaper than that site lol? cus mine wasnt the knob anyway, woulda been too easy haha. Yea something is up with the unit itself. plays fine and all but the speakers work via the knob on the left front and rear but when u move the knob right it dont transfer the sound to the right speakers just makes the sound almost stop but u still hear it a TAD in the left speakers still lol. I am going to try new ic amp's (theres 2) that i think may be the issue but yea how much do you want? the one i linked is 75 or whatever it was. And thats the radio i need.

EDIT: AH i just went to my link i posted above and it says out of stock now???? you guys buy em up haha? looks like i might bbe on for yours man.

tsiconquest88
02-15-2010, 08:59 PM
btw did u guys know there is relays for the radio in the dash somewhere behind the radio? found that while searching the electrical FSM for the spirits. (the 3 manual set came with the car).

tsiconquest88
02-15-2010, 09:05 PM
oh yea and the need for programming dont mean all the radios. its just a general statement they put on all the radios to let you know there is the possibility. Ours do not for the TM's. Wonder if the tape/cd/fm-AM one will work in mine.

strang3majik
02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
The round face radios started appearing in '00. '00 and '01 had the same plug as our older TD's. '02 up through '07 had the later style connector. Some of the later ones had to interface with the buss sysytem or whatever that crap is I don't like.

my dads 2003 Ram has the old style, 2 plug connector. And, our 01 Sebring has the square/flat style radio.

But, I can get you whatever you need...$50 for the CD, make it $100 for the CD/Cass since they're impossible to find in working condition. :p

tsiconquest88
02-16-2010, 12:12 AM
actually i was referring to dodge z who said he has one for sale lol. The cd one u have, is it the one i originally posted link about at the top of this page? I do have the infinity model which i think makes a difference as mine has inifinity stamped on the front display but i didnt see that on the one i linked but i wasnt planning on buying that one nayway, just posted it to show people the site and that we could get that cd player and many others. Well not now that its apparently sold out lol. IDK if i could have got the same sound out of it though without it being the infinity though? If all is same, i may take your just cd one. I will see who has the bestter price you or dodgez haha.

94gts
02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
btw did u guys know there is relays for the radio in the dash somewhere behind the radio? found that while searching the electrical FSM for the spirits. (the 3 manual set came with the car).

they are up under the glove box along with the speaker filter or whatever it is.

Trust me though, the head unit is the problem. I connected an aftermarket head unit and all of the speakers worked fine. I spent hours checking the relays and filter and all it was was the head unit

tsiconquest88
02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
yea i know. Hence why i took the radio apart. I think the ic amps are bad as i stated. But not sure but i do get a lot of resistancr from them. The speakers run through them via the circuit board like any radio. See what happens. I simply mentioned the relays to inform people as i didnt know that till the manual. So that if someone is experienceing something odd they can try checking the relays if need be.

DocFish
02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the link!

tsiconquest88
02-16-2010, 08:15 PM
not a prob, the link found me haha.

Vigo
02-17-2010, 12:01 AM

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=614836&postcount=36
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp167/StraX22/0109101534aMedium.jpg
It can be modified. I was there, i saw that sh1t.:nod:

minigts
02-17-2010, 12:58 AM
It can be modified. I was there, i saw that sh1t.:nod:

I have a t-shirt for that. :D

Johnny
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Beware!!!

I bought one of their am/fm/cd/cassette radios. Plugged it in...NOT WORK!!
They sold me that did not work. I got another one locally and plugged it in, works fine.
I emailed them, no answer.
I called, no answer.

We shall see if they get back to me or make it good.

Johnny

Johnny
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
By the way, I have two of these that the CD player stopped working in. Anyone fix these??

Johnny
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
We shall see if they get back to me or make it good.

They emailed me with a "return authorized" number today. So I am sending it back.
We shall see.

blk86trbo
02-23-2010, 03:02 PM
By the way, I have two of these that the CD player stopped working in. Anyone fix these??

Johnny I just updated an older thread that addresses this...http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=628410#post628410

strang3majik
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
actually i was referring to dodge z who said he has one for sale lol. The cd one u have, is it the one i originally posted link about at the top of this page? I do have the infinity model which i think makes a difference as mine has inifinity stamped on the front display but i didnt see that on the one i linked but i wasnt planning on buying that one nayway, just posted it to show people the site and that we could get that cd player and many others. Well not now that its apparently sold out lol. IDK if i could have got the same sound out of it though without it being the infinity though? If all is same, i may take your just cd one. I will see who has the bestter price you or dodgez haha.

yeah...I just checked out my CD player...no LCD. Checked out my spare CD/Cass....CD doesn't work.

Apparently these things can go bad from just sitting...kinda sucks, really.

tsiconquest88
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
oh crap oh well lol.

strang3majik
02-24-2010, 10:43 PM
oh crap oh well lol.

I'll keep a look out at the local yard for you. What one would you rather have? They get new ones in nearly every week...and, I've become a master at taking my truck apart and testing them...lol

DC Turismo
02-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Out of stock lol...

tsiconquest88
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
yea i already said that lol. It wasnt when i posted this then a few days later i noticed it was gone, im assuming the culprit is someone who seen this thread lol. Fess up, who did it to me? lol j/k i wasnt necessarily going to order it anyway unless my radio is not going to end up being repairable. I will see when i get my new ic amp's recieved here. Hopefully its the problem.

Johnny
03-15-2010, 01:33 AM
I sent mine back, they refunded me the money.