PDA

View Full Version : Moog ball joints junk?

MiniMopar
05-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I have Moog ball joints in both of my cars. I've got maybe 15k on the one set and they are already clunky. I replaced them because I was replacing control arm bushings, but the originals were in better shape than these are.

Has anyone had simlar results? I see that FWD-P sells Falken joints now. Are these any better?

MiniMopar
05-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Nevermind...found the thread on TD.com. The NAPA heavy duty is the way to go, I guess.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90866&highlight=moog+ball+joint

JDAWG
05-30-2006, 11:30 AM
If it means anything to you, I am big into lowriders and all the hopper/dancer guys use Napa heavyduty. They all say they are prettymuch unbreakable. If a 3 ton car can hop 4 feet with 5 ton train springs in it thats good enough for me.

MiniMopar
05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
For the record, here are the part numbers:

Early stamped control arms: NCP2601271
Late cast control arms: NCP2601348

DUGZSHELBY
05-31-2006, 11:24 PM
That sucks! Moog are big money too!

5sp. mini
06-01-2006, 06:34 AM
i have moog in my van / but i grease them a lot . there was a wearhouse fire 3 years ago and at that time they {moog} or fed.moul. was bying other stuff because they ran short . there have been some warr. stuff come back at work wore out to fast but we were told that is been over for now sorrey to here you got junk. we use napa too for hot shots. get your moog warr. and resell on e/bay to get you cash back. Alan

turbovanmanČ
06-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Moog aka Federal Mogul is in recievership so that means no money to upgrade the product line.

looneytuner
06-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Moog aka Federal Mogul is in recievership so that means no money to upgrade the product line.
That just means they can gut the pension fund to retool. Their former factory in St. Louis is right next to the toxic waste site of Wagner brake.(asbestos) Ah for the good ole days. They can also negate any lawsuits. Sorry Russ, you is sol.:confused: