PDA

View Full Version : 2000 neon..... srt-4

88shadowpjct
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
im going to pick up a 2000 neon tomorrow. i'm pulling the motor and dropping in an '04 srt-4 motor, trans, whole 9 yards. as far as i know, this is a straight up swap right? only thing i need to figure out is the auto to 5 spd swap. can i get the hydraulic set-up out of any neon or does it have to be '00 and up? there are 5 spd 1gen neons in the yard by me. also, will the bumper/grill from '04 fit on the '00? i realize i'd have to take out the grill and marker lights that are on the '00 but im saying as far as brackets, headlights, hood and fenders lining up? i think that's it for now, im sure i'll have more questions about this car when i start to dive into it. also, if anyone knows of places for good prices on parts and aftermarket accessories for these cars please PM me. i've been into shadows and i know all those places but i know nothing about finding parts for the neons. if anyone here has shadows, check out my FS posts. im selling everything.

thanks,
nick

contraption22
02-09-2010, 01:17 PM
I checked the part numbers a few months ago for a friend. The Master and Slave for the SRT-4 are different than from a regular 2nd gen 5speed Neon. 1st gen Neons use a cable.

The bumper and grille from the '04 will fit your '00 as long as you change the headlights from the '04 as well. The standard Neon hood probably will not clear the 2.4 motor.

Check Forward Motion carries alot of SRT-4 upgrade parts.
www.forwardmotioninc.com

shelbymonster
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
i did this swap 2 years ago , from 2000 auto to srt 04 , we use all the wiring form the srt even the cluster , we had to use a sensor and program it for the anti thief , then we use the pedal assembly(hydraulic) from srt and shifter and cable , the engine is a drop in but use the srt-type passenger engine mount and trans mount , then fuel pump an evaporator i beleave the best is to find a complete front end and swap it all

rich tideswell
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM
you will need the SRT-4 hydrolics for the clutch, they are SRT specific (lines too). Also, 2000 Neons were cable clutch like the 1st gen, so to add the hydrolic, you'll need to mod the fire wall a little bit (drill new holes, make existing holes larger). it will be ovious when you compare the firewalls from both years what you need to do.

the flat neon hood will clear the 2.4, no worries there ( C-22, you're thinking of the 1st gen Neon where the hood is specific for DOHC and SOHC)

DC Turismo
02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
modernperformance.com is where I've bought a ton of stuff for my Neon and PT.

Post some pics up of the final results!

shelbymonster
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
you will need the SRT-4 hydrolics for the clutch, they are SRT specific (lines too). Also, 2000 Neons were cable clutch like the 1st gen, so to add the hydrolic, you'll need to mod the fire wall a little bit (drill new holes, make existing holes larger). it will be ovious when you compare the firewalls from both years what you need to do.

the flat neon hood will clear the 2.4, no worries there ( C-22, you're thinking of the 1st gen Neon where the hood is specific for DOHC and SOHC)

x2 , even put the srt fmic is cake , bit of trimming for the bumper to clear

88shadowpjct
02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
ya i have the cluster and all the wiring. what was that about the anti-theft? anyone have (or know someone who has) the clutch stuff i need? i cant find any srt's around me. im going saturday to get the car and next week to get the srt-4 stuff. i will take pics every step of the way.

rich tideswell
02-11-2010, 09:23 AM
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=8188

JamesL
02-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Nick, we've done a few SRT4 swaps and also have a stockpile of parts from cars you might be able to use. Feel free to give us a call if you need some help.

shelbymonster
02-11-2010, 11:10 AM
ya i have the cluster and all the wiring. what was that about the anti-theft? anyone have (or know someone who has) the clutch stuff i need? i cant find any srt's around me. im going saturday to get the car and next week to get the srt-4 stuff. i will take pics every step of the way.

the anti-thef is a sensor located on the steering column , the srt use a special key with a code in it and the code must be the same than the computer

rich tideswell
02-11-2010, 01:57 PM
the anti-thef is a sensor located on the steering column , the srt use a special key with a code in it and the code must be the same than the computer

the SRT-4 uses a chipped key - no different than any other chrysler car/ truck of the same year with factory alarm. the sensor is fine (unless the cloumn/ ignition switch is busted) it's a simple reprogram the dealer can do to sync the key to the car. takes 15minutes, tops

i had to do the same thing to my car when the dealership lost a set of keys before selling me the car.

you need 2 sets of keys and fobs for the dealer to program them

88shadowpjct
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
where can i get the keys and fobs? dealer? is there a cheaper place to get them? lol

moparfwdsleeper
02-11-2010, 09:32 PM
where can i get the keys and fobs? dealer? is there a cheaper place to get them? lol

check salvage yards, ebay, dealer, etc etc

88shadowpjct
02-11-2010, 11:05 PM
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=8188

i cant figure out how to become a member on there

moparfwdsleeper
02-11-2010, 11:14 PM
red square...

rich tideswell
02-11-2010, 11:24 PM

ebay has ---- loads

88shadowpjct
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
red square...

thanks

moparfwdsleeper
02-12-2010, 09:39 PM
thanks

anytime buddy

88shadowpjct
02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
another quick question.. the hood on an srt-4... is the scoop funtional? where does it route the air to if it is? wondering if i'll be ok with a flat hood for the sleeper-ness or if i should run an srt-4 hood for the engine's well-being? pics?

thanks

rich tideswell
02-21-2010, 04:49 PM
The hood is functional as the scoop directs air over the turbo to cool it. You also need the heat shield under the cowl - do not omit this piece. Also, the hood can be made into a ram air hood by using a hole saw to cut a hole in the hood and one in the air box.

jl93sundance
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM
:bump2: How's the project coming?

88shadowpjct
04-16-2010, 07:55 PM
its not. seller screwed up the title and i cant get ahold of them. i cant get the title in my name. and the more i look into the car, the mroe i find hacked up. and it was crashed. im keeping the swap for a later date and finding a better donor car. i dont have room to keep the car to part it out so im scrapping it. along with my 2 shadows. if anyone needs parts, let me know now this stuff is gone next week. this past week has been insane. and my baby girl will be here in about 3 months so i need to put a hold on projects for a lil while

jl93sundance
04-16-2010, 10:37 PM
its not. seller screwed up the title and i cant get ahold of them. i cant get the title in my name. and the more i look into the car, the mroe i find hacked up. and it was crashed.

damn that sucks.

88shadowpjct
04-17-2010, 10:31 AM
big time. but i figure while the motor is sitting here, i'll throw parts at it one by one. then when i find another donor car, i'll have a built swap instead of a stock one lol

jl93sundance
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
big time. but i figure while the motor is sitting here, i'll throw parts at it one by one. then when i find another donor car, i'll have a built swap instead of a stock one lol

Throw a bigger turbo (get rid of the stock turbofold) on and bigger injectors and you're easily at 350-400whp:thumb:.

JamesL
04-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Having tuned several big turbo setups from 350whp to 550 whp, I'm more of a fan of the stage 3 setup for good response, good power and better overall driveability on the street.

88shadowpjct
04-18-2010, 08:01 PM
nice! keep the suggestions coming so i can make a list!!! lol