PDA

View Full Version : shelby charger floor pans

brian87
02-07-2010, 12:38 PM
does anyone have or know where i can get right and left floor pans for my 85 charger. I need the front sections, from the firewall to just before the seats on both sides.

86seeS
02-07-2010, 01:27 PM
they dont make repop pans for our cars and probley never will so your best off finding a doner car and cut them out of it and put them in yours or you can do what i did in my glhs and sheetmetal/fiberglass some in.... also your front window is probley leaking like the rest of the l-bodys so you'll need it resealed soon

brian87
02-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks, I took the dash out last night to find the full extent of the damage. I found a line of rust along the the drives side body seam from the windshield to the floor pan. Luckly it doesn't appear to be rotted along the seam. There is just a couple of holes on the pan, that I think i can patch them. The pass. side has a baseball size hole in it and is completely rotted were the pan meats the firewall. I'm in ohio so I don't think I will find a donor car that is any better. I was hoping someone had pans out of a parts car, but I will just have to modify somwthing to work.

fuzz's84Daytona
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a pan from a 89 Omni that will fit and has no rust at all. The only problem will be the shipping as it is the whole pan from the front where the body seam is under your feet to the rear step up where the seat sits. It's for sale for $100, as that is what they charged me to cut it out at the junk yard. PM me if you want more info.

spoolinhard
02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I have a pan from a 89 Omni that will fit and has no rust at all. The only problem will be the shipping as it is the whole pan from the front where the body seam is under your feet to the rear step up where the seat sits. It's for sale for $100, as that is what they charged me to cut it out at the junk yard. PM me if you want more info.

I honestly cant believe you still have this. All the bitchin about no floors and nobody buys yours.

fuzz's84Daytona
02-08-2010, 11:45 PM
I honestly cant believe you still have this. All the bitchin about no floors and nobody buys yours.

It's because of the shipping :amen:

black86glhs
02-09-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm in Ohio too, I know your pain. Go get the floor from Fuzz...it will be worth it. Have him cut it down the tunnel to make it easier to get in a car or truck. I put mine in the trunk of my Intrigue with the seats folded down.

brian87
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Well I took a better look at the pass. side last nite and there is a baseball size hole in the pan, but most of the rot is behind the black insulator. From the seam to about 6 inches up the firewall. When I dug out all the rotted metal I could see the front tire through the lower section of the firewall. So I think I'm past needing a floor pan!!!! Not sure what direction to go next.

brian87
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I hate salt!!!!!AND Ohio winters!!!!