PDA

View Full Version : Quick 8 OR Quick 16???

30 PSI SHADOW
02-07-2010, 12:07 PM
It has always been a quick 8, But i do wonder how more exciting it would be if it was expanded to a quick 16? More chances to knock off the big boys(sorry brian LOL!!) and lot more action.
With the odds that the bump will be in the 10s this year, Maybe its time to think about it.

Any thoughts??

sdac guy
02-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't be against it at all. It doubles the eligible contestants and only adds one round of racing to the event (time consideration). We can do it, no problem. But remember, those extra 8 folks that enter the Q16, would not be eligible to enter the Heads Up race as Q8 (or Q16) contestants cannot run both races. The Heads Up race is for folks that want to race in a heads up category but aren't quick enough to enter the Q8.

Barry

bradp
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Sounds cool to me more people to watch go fast!!!!:thumb:

moparman76_69
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Maybe it could be a game time decision, if the top 16 all want in to a quick 16 the do it if not make it 8.

BadAssPerformance
02-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I like the idea... Usually we only have 10-12 cars trying to qualify for the Q8 though.

Sgt Craig
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Is the quick 8 or 16 for that matter for any FWD Dodge or Turbo dodge's only?

BadAssPerformance
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Is the quick 8 or 16 for that matter for any FWD Dodge or Turbo dodge's only?

SDAC events are for all Shelby Dodge and "Shelby Inspired" cars, so pretty much any Shelby car, T-M's, rampages, minivans, neons, Dakotas welcome too. SDAC National Members who may not have a running Shelby Dodge have participated in bracket racing with Rams and Jeeps even.

For the Q8, its typically FWD shelby/mopar cars tho, neons included... not suer if we ever had any other vehicles interested in the Q8? :confused2:

Sgt Craig
02-07-2010, 09:22 PM
SDAC events are for all Shelby Dodge and "Shelby Inspired" cars, so pretty much any Shelby car, T-M's, rampages, minivans, neons, Dakotas welcome too. SDAC National Members who may not have a running Shelby Dodge have participated in bracket racing with Rams and Jeeps even.

For the Q8, its typically FWD shelby/mopar cars tho, neons included... not suer if we ever had any other vehicles interested in the Q8? :confused2:

Just making sure Neon where allowed in the quick 8 ;) Thanks JT

BadAssPerformance
02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Just making sure Neon where allowed in the quick 8 ;) Thanks JT

:thumb:

sdac guy
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
JT had it pretty much nailed in his post, but let me go a little further.

All of our drag events are open to anyone that pays the drag racing fee. So the bracket race, heads up, quick 8, and test & tune are open to everybody that paid the fee to drag race.

The only restriction we have on cars is that SDAC members can race whatever they want. Non-members must race an SD/TM type of car. Neon's, PT's, and Calibers are included in that definition.

And on second thought, what JT said about the number of cars in qualifying has been true for quite some time. I don't think we have ever had 16 people compete in the qualifying rounds.

So if we expand it to a Q16, then it would be an open event and there really wouldn't be any point in running qualifying sessions except to get an elimination tree structure set up. Maybe we would be better off to stay with a Q8??? We'll give this some more thought and we are open to discussion on it.

Barry

Barry

glhs727
02-07-2010, 11:46 PM
well let's all hope we start having 25-30 cars all trying to qualify for the quick 8 so we can expand it to a quick 16. It seems each year there are only about 10-12 cars that "could" possible make the quick eight, but I think mostly because the quick 8 keeps getting faster. last year you needed a 11.70 or faster to make the quick 8, and most were 10 sec. cars. How many 10 sec. cars are there in the sdac world? Hopefully in the next few years that number will continue to increase, and as it does so will the competition for the quick 8But when the elite cars runs 10's and the average sdac car runs 13's there is too much disparity to run all in a quick 16.
later,
Cindy

contraption22
02-08-2010, 12:13 AM
If it's not too much trouble, why not wait till we see how many cars try to qualify to see how big the feild is?Have a cutoff, for example, we need at least 20 different cars try to qualify to make it a 16 car feild.

rx2mazda
02-08-2010, 12:49 AM
+1....

sdac guy
02-08-2010, 07:30 AM
well let's all hope we start having 25-30 cars all trying to qualify for the quick 8 so we can expand it to a quick 16. It seems each year there are only about 10-12 cars that "could" possible make the quick eight, but I think mostly because the quick 8 keeps getting faster. last year you needed a 11.70 or faster to make the quick 8, and most were 10 sec. cars. How many 10 sec. cars are there in the sdac world? Hopefully in the next few years that number will continue to increase, and as it does so will the competition for the quick 8But when the elite cars runs 10's and the average sdac car runs 13's there is too much disparity to run all in a quick 16.
later,
Cindy
That's a good point, but even when the spread was larger and the quickest cars ran high 11's, we still only had about a dozen or so cars show up for quals. And it has only been the last couple years that the spread in times has been so tight. It wasn't long ago that an 11 sec car was quickest to qual, and a 13 or 14 sec car (which there are/were a ton of) was the slowest to qual.

But that problem runs through all the drag events. We get 45-50 people to race and a dozen try to qual for Q8, 15 bracket race, and the same number enter the heads up. It seems there are a lot of folks that really just want T&T.

I've never been able to figure out why this is, and I have played with the wording on the drag race info page to encourage folks to enter all races, after all, they've paid for the whole day ...

Barry

sdac guy
02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
If it's not too much trouble, why not wait till we see how many cars try to qualify to see how big the feild is?Have a cutoff, for example, we need at least 20 different cars try to qualify to make it a 16 car feild.
I tend to agree with that 100%. Good idea.

Barry

Reeves
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
SDAC National Members who may not have a running Shelby Dodge have participated in bracket racing with Rams and Jeeps even.

And others bring Pontiacs :rolleyes:

later,
Cindy

Well said!

That makes sense ET!

Does the purse get cut in half if we drop from a Q16 to a Q8? LOL :p

That's a good point, but even when the spread was larger and the quickest cars ran high 11's, we still only had about a dozen or so cars show up for quals. And it has only been the last couple years that the spread in times has been so tight. It wasn't long ago that an 11 sec car was quickest to qual, and a 13 or 14 sec car (which there are/were a ton of) was the slowest to qual.

But that problem runs through all the drag events. We get 45-50 people to race and a dozen try to qual for Q8, 15 bracket race, and the same number enter the heads up. It seems there are a lot of folks that really just want T&T.

I've never been able to figure out why this is, and I have played with the wording on the drag race info page to encourage folks to enter all races, after all, they've paid for the whole day ...

Barry

Good luck with that.....I've never understood that either! If I wasn't so busy trying for the Q8, I'd enter the other races too! It's more free passes!!!

Maybe we could do more heads up races based on ET and that would allow more people to try? For example:
Q8 for cars 14.00 and slower
Q8 for cars 12.50 to 13.99
Q8 for cars 10.00 to 12.49
Q1 for Brian Slowe?

sdac guy
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Keep in mind I have to order the award plaques made to match the races run. I will order plaques (in a week or two) that specify Quick 16. So that is the race we will plan on. If we don't get a full field (16 racers), next year we will drop back to a Q8.

But remember, the heads up race is there for those folks that don't actually run the Q16, so if someone doesn't make the cut and qualify for the Q16, they can still run the heads up race (and bracket, turtle, etc).

Barry

contraption22
05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Well we could change the name on the plaque to accomodate either a 8 or 16 car feild.

Just call it the "Quick Class Winner", or "Quick Class Runner-Up" instead of "Quick 8" or "Quick 16". That way we can still wait to the day of the event to decide how big the qualifying field needs to be.

turboshad
05-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I would try for quick 16 but don't think I would have a chance at quick 8 and hence wouldn't sign up. So if people knew there was a quick 16 then maybe more would sign up.

sdac guy
05-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Well we could change the name on the plaque to accommodate either a 8 or 16 car field.

Just call it the "Quick Class Winner", or "Quick Class Runner-Up" instead of "Quick 8" or "Quick 16". That way we can still wait to the day of the event to decide how big the qualifying field needs to be.

Waiting till the day of the event to decide could cause a stir to folks that believe they may have been 10th or 11th quickest and we decide on a Q8. The only fair way is to decide now, ahead of time. Then folks either make the cut or don't.

We will try a Q16 this year because it has been requested and is easy enough to do. But if we don't get a full field, then it obviously was a wasted effort. It will not hurt at all to give it a try.

And the reason I say wasted effort is that the Q8/16 race is designed to have a balanced ladder of eliminations. So if we hold a Q16 and only get 11 folks to turn out for it. All 11 will qualify, but in the first round someone will get a bye run, and the ladder won't be balanced from the start, and we will end up with another bye run in quarter or semifinals.

I would try for quick 16 but don't think I would have a chance at quick 8 and hence wouldn't sign up. So if people knew there was a quick 16 then maybe more would sign up.
Just to make it clear, there is no SIGN UP for it.

When the call at the strip for Q16 qualifying is made, you either get in line, or you don't. It is up to you. If 20 folks get in line to qualify, only the 16 quickest will make the cut. But Q16 will be the only race where that applies (qualifying).

Also, there will probably be at least two calls for Q16 qualifying (maybe 3) so everyone that is interested should get in line for all of the qualifying sessions increasing their chances of getting a better time and making the cut.

ALL the racing events that day are included in your drag racing fee. So it is up to each person to decide what they want to do, and that includes any of the organized racing events, or any combination of racing and T&T.

BTW, since we only have 14 people signed up for drag racing at the moment ... :lol:

Barry

mcsvt
05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
So your saying I could be in the quick 16! sweet! (1 of 14) :eyebrows:

turboshad
05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Just to make it clear, there is no SIGN UP for it.

Ahhh, thanks Barry. That does clear it up for me. I didn't race last year so I had no idea how it worked and thought it was something you signed up for. :o

Turbo3Iroc
05-20-2010, 12:59 AM
My only issue with this is the quality of the field. I thought last year was awesome with the cutoff being ~11.7 seconds. With a 16 car field it can get in the 13's easliy again. I think I was actually the last car to qualify with a 13 sec run and though I was proud to be in the field I do not think I deserved to be there.

contraption22
05-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Waiting till the day of the event to decide could cause a stir to folks that believe they may have been 10th or 11th quickest and we decide on a Q8. The only fair way is to decide now, ahead of time. Then folks either make the cut or don't.

Barry

That makes sense to me.

contraption22
05-20-2010, 08:54 AM
My only issue with this is the quality of the field. I thought last year was awesome with the cutoff being ~11.7 seconds. With a 16 car field it can get in the 13's easliy again. I think I was actually the last car to qualify with a 13 sec run and though I was proud to be in the field I do not think I deserved to be there.

Hey Kelly... if you qualified, you deserved to be there!

Turbo3Iroc
05-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Hey Kelly... if you qualified, you deserved to be there!

Still didn't feel right. I know people broke that well and others weren't running right. I went against Rob in the first round and it was over at the 60. LOL

This was in Pittsburgh.

contraption22
05-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Still didn't feel right. I know people broke that well and others weren't running right. I went against Rob in the first round and it was over at the 60. LOL

This was in Pittsburgh.

Part of winning is surviving:)

sdac guy
05-20-2010, 04:08 PM
In a way Kelly, it can work both ways. A slower car might get lucky and survive a few rounds, or with extreme luck win every round and come in winner or runner up. It does happen.

But if the elimination field (ladder) is set up correctly, and nobody breaks or red lights, all the slower cars will be out in the first round. What this does, is gives the spectators one extra round to see the really fast cars go down the track. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It is a shame, from the competitor standpoint, to see as you did, that the race is lost immediately. You entered, made the field, gave it your best shot, but it wasn't enough. Hey that's racing! :thumb:

Barry

Reeves
05-20-2010, 04:18 PM

x2!! :thumb:

Turbo3Iroc
05-20-2010, 05:20 PM

In a way Kelly, it can work both ways. A slower car might get lucky and survive a few rounds, or with extreme luck win every round and come in winner or runner up. It does happen.

But if the elimination field (ladder) is set up correctly, and nobody breaks or red lights, all the slower cars will be out in the first round. What this does, is gives the spectators one extra round to see the really fast cars go down the track. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It is a shame, from the competitor standpoint, to see as you did, that the race is lost immediately. You entered, made the field, gave it your best shot, but it wasn't enough. Hey that's racing! :thumb:

Barry

Yes I do understand surviving and getting lucky. I have a heads up class trophy that I was not nearly the fastest car to enter but got lucky and had some competitors red light and well I'm not sure what happend to Larry in the final but he should have easily had me covered.

EDIT:
Also take into consideration this is coming from someone that very well may end up missing the 8 car field but I would feel confident of getting into a 16 car field.

sdac guy
05-20-2010, 08:26 PM
BTW, since I can't find the thread where it was discussed ...

We will have a Top Gun award.

It will be based on:

Most votes at Car Show

Best Drag Elapsed Time

Best Autocross Time

We may add Best Drag Reaction Time also, it is being discussed by those planning the award. The Top Gun will have points awarded sort of GRM Challenge style. Most points wins!

It will not cost anything to enter, and there will not be a sign up sheet. To enter the Top Gun award competition, your best drag time slip must be turned in. That will be the item that enters you in the competition.

And turning in drag time slips for your best run will be your responsibility. We will have the vote counts and the autocross times on hand (easily determined). Instructions for this will be in the info packet in the goody bags.

Barry

cordes
05-20-2010, 09:02 PM
I think it is a great idea to have Q16 and hope that a lot of folks will go out for it. I will be giving the turtle race my full attention, but I may try for other races just because I will be able to get more runs in. :nod:

Reeves
05-21-2010, 08:00 AM

It will be based on:

Most votes at Car Show

Best Drag Elapsed Time

Best Autocross Time

We may add Best Drag Reaction Time also, it is being discussed by those planning the award. The Top Gun will have points awarded sort of GRM Challenge style. Most points wins!

It will not cost anything to enter, and there will not be a sign up sheet. To enter the Top Gun award competition, your best drag time slip must be turned in. That will be the item that enters you in the competition.

And turning in drag time slips for your best run will be your responsibility. We will have the vote counts and the autocross times on hand (easily determined). Instructions for this will be in the info packet in the goody bags.

Barry

Yay! :thumb:

Guess I'm going to try to autocross the OMNI!

I only have 1 Top Gun award hanging up.....and it's getting lonely!

Pat
05-21-2010, 08:02 AM

It will be based on:

Most votes at Car Show

Best Drag Elapsed Time

Best Autocross Time

Barry

Sweet... :thumb:

30 PSI SHADOW
05-21-2010, 09:13 AM
i disagree with the cutoof getting up to the 13s. got to give this club alot of credit. just a few of the cars that i think will be there.

slowe
rob
stillie
james FWD
pat
reeves
marra
JT
larry B
warren S
Rose
THATS JUST THE 10s!!!

then you have all of us in the 11s. the cutoff,11.7? was missed by quite a few,(i can count on both hands) within a half second.

I wouldnt of brought this up if it didnt make sense.It also keeps the faster to stay on their toes!

Marcus86GLHS
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
"...We will have a Top Gun award.

It will be based on:

Most votes at Car Show

Best Drag Elapsed Time

Best Autocross Time........."

BARRY that is an excellent idea, I think all of us can really appreciate any car/driver to acheive the Top Gun prize as outlined. How will you factor/weigh each of the three catagories to arrive at a final total score?

Interesting you include most-votes for the car show, as I was going to suggest when I see you on Saturday that when you read the car show results Sunday you include the # of votes that each car received, that really tells the story of how much margin of victory there was in the votes, sure would be great if you could do that. Also, I think reading the trophy awards in the order of Third-Second-First would be a lot better than last year's announcement order of First-Second-Third. Just a thought, either way is cool.

sdac guy
05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
i disagree with the cutoof getting up to the 13s. got to give this club alot of credit. just a few of the cars that i think will be there.

slowe
rob
stillie
james FWD
pat
reeves
marra
JT
larry B
warren S
Rose
THATS JUST THE 10s!!!

then you have all of us in the 11s. the cutoff,11.7? was missed by quite a few,(i can count on both hands) within a half second.

I wouldnt of brought this up if it didnt make sense.It also keeps the faster to stay on their toes!

To the point Kelly made, it was only 3 years ago that the cutoff was in the 13's (Pittsburgh when he ran the Q8). Much progress has been made in a very short time.

Barry

sdac guy
05-21-2010, 11:44 AM
"...We will have a Top Gun award.

It will be based on:

Most votes at Car Show

Best Drag Elapsed Time

Best Autocross Time........."

BARRY that is an excellent idea, I think all of us can really appreciate any car/driver to acheive the Top Gun prize as outlined. How will you factor/weigh each of the three catagories to arrive at a final total score?It will be done GRM style. I haven't ever run that so I don't know the specifics. Our team of veteran GRM participants are working out the scoring. But if I understand correctly, the first place in a category gets 100 points, then the next place gets a percentage of that based on their time being a percentage of the first place.

Interesting you include most-votes for the car show, as I was going to suggest when I see you on Saturday that when you read the car show results Sunday you include the # of votes that each car received, that really tells the story of how much margin of victory there was in the votes, sure would be great if you could do that. Also, I think reading the trophy awards in the order of Third-Second-First would be a lot better than last year's announcement order of First-Second-Third. Just a thought, either way is cool.Most votes at car show is also how the GRM Challenge is done. This way the the Top Gun isn't necessarily tied to Best in Show, or to Spirit of SDAC. But obviously, most votes in the show will be a car that has won it's class.

We can announce the most votes number, no problem. But the problem with announcing the number of votes for multiple cars or for each car in a class, is that it can cause uneasiness or embarrassment to folks in 2nd, or 3rd place.

Say for instance we award 3 places for the Daytona class because the class has more than 8 cars entered (which is common). But if the 1st place car is a runaway, the announcement could be something like 1st place Marion Hutzel with 53 votes, 2nd place Tim Doyle with 11 votes, and 3rd place Jason Trotter with 6 votes. That isn't too kind to the 2nd and 3rd place winners, while it is the truth, it is sort of tacky to do. We have never had anyone ask us how many votes they got, so we tend to believe it is not an important detail for folks to know.

BTW, I only used those cars and owners as examples as they are Daytona owners of very nice cars that came quickly to mind. It is not necessarily the order I view them in. There was no offense intended, so none of you 3 get your panties in a bunch! :lol:

We usually announce in 3rd to 1st order. Craig makes it a point to give me the plaques stacked in that order. If we didn't do it that way last year it was an oversight.

And we are changing the way we do the voting so the counting process will go much faster. We will be going back to tearing the portion of the ballot off and putting it in an envelope with the car, then collecting the envelopes when balloting is over.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
05-21-2010, 06:59 PM
BTW, I only used those cars and owners as examples as they are Daytona owners of very nice cars that came quickly to mind. It is not necessarily the order I view them in. There was no offense intended, so none of you 3 get your panties in a bunch! :lol:

It's cool Barry... I'd be OK runner up to both Marion and Tim, wont be the first time, LOL! :nod:

Cool on the Top Gun :clap: I remember those from earlier SDAC's ... Hmmm.. to auto cross or not to auto cross ;)

Turbo3Iroc
05-21-2010, 07:33 PM
To the point Kelly made, it was only 3 years ago that the cutoff was in the 13's (Pittsburgh when he ran the Q8). Much progress has been made in a very short time.

Barry

Yes we have and for the record I am not against the 16 car field. I just would hate to see us take a step back if a few dont show and a few break or arent running well as like happened in Pittsburgh. With as few of overall cars we get about 1/3 of them will be in the Q16 bracket.

Sgt Craig
05-21-2010, 09:44 PM

This was in Pittsburgh.

At the Mopar Nats in 2000 in the Neon Quick 8 I was the #9 Qualifier.I was dead set on running the brackets since I was way off the pace.Well 2 cars where broke that made the quick 8.I was bumped into the quick 8.I didnt really want to run it.My friends talked me into it.With the slowest car I made it to the final to lose by .004.Runner up paid $750,the same as the winner in the Neon brackets.I never pass uped the chance again to run quick 8.

Sgt Craig
05-21-2010, 09:45 PM
And others bring Pontiacs :rolleyes:

Well said!

That makes sense ET!

Does the purse get cut in half if we drop from a Q16 to a Q8? LOL :p

Good luck with that.....I've never understood that either! If I wasn't so busy trying for the Q8, I'd enter the other races too! It's more free passes!!!

Maybe we could do more heads up races based on ET and that would allow more people to try? For example:
Q8 for cars 14.00 and slower
Q8 for cars 12.50 to 13.99
Q8 for cars 10.00 to 12.49
Q1 for Brian Slowe?

Ive been thinking about borrowing a Smart Car.

contraption22
05-21-2010, 09:53 PM

It will be based on:

Most votes at Car Show

Best Drag Elapsed Time

Best Autocross Time

Barry

Are these points tied to a driver/owner or a vehicle? What if I autocross and show my SRT-4, but drag race my Horizon?

sdac guy
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Are these points tied to a driver/owner or a vehicle? What if I autocross and show my SRT-4, but drag race my Horizon?

Top Gun is awarded to a person, the car owner/driver. So I think you would be okay. I will keep this scenario in mind when we are finalizing the rules (to permit it).

Barry

sdac guy
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Ive been thinking about borrowing a Smart Car.As long as you are an SDAC member that would be permitted. Only SDAC members are allowed to run cars that are not Shelby Dodge or Turbo Mopar type cars.

I suggest everyone read the FAQ listing for the event that is found on the SDAC website.

Barry

Pat
05-21-2010, 10:31 PM
As long as you are an SDAC member that would be permitted. Only SDAC members are allowed to run cars that are not Shelby Dodge or Turbo Mopar type cars.

I suggest everyone read the FAQ listing for the event that is found on the SDAC website.

Barry

Hhhmm...wouldn't it be cooler if it were the same driver, same car? That means no hot shoes for the autocross or drags and a car that goes, turns and looks good. Tough combo. That would mean that unlike at GRM, I can't have Barry Miles autox my car and I can't drag race his.

Either way, I'm in. I think the whole top gun thing will be a lot of fun! Thanks for including it!

sdac guy
05-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Hhhmm...wouldn't it be cooler if it were the same driver, same car? That means no hot shoes for the autocross or drags and a car that goes, turns and looks good. Tough combo. That would mean that unlike at GRM, I can't have Barry Miles autox my car and I can't drag race his.

Either way, I'm in. I think the whole top gun thing will be a lot of fun! Thanks for including it!I had a completely different reply ready to send, expanding on what I said before.

But instead, after thinking about it some more, I am going to backtrack on this.

For the Top Gun competition the same car must be used for all 3 events.

Mike if you want to give the SRT some convention time, drive it in the road rally, or for all the events. :D

No mix and match for the TG events, same car, same driver.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
05-22-2010, 09:07 AM
For the Top Gun competition the same car must be used for all 3 events.

I agree 100%... and this is probably a good thing as y'all would make me reset my own cones after and autocross lap with the Drift-Kota :o

cordes
05-22-2010, 09:49 AM

slowe
rob
stillie
james FWD
pat
reeves
marra
JT
larry B
warren S
Rose
THATS JUST THE 10s!!!

I agree. Last year I called that 11.8 would be the cutoff for the quick 8. This year with the Q16 I will call a 12.3 as the cutoff. I think there are a ton of guys who could get a sub 12.5 run going pretty easily.

Reeves
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I agree 100%... and this is probably a good thing as y'all would make me reset my own cones after and autocross lap with the Drift-Kota :o

You ain't gonna autocross the Daytona?

I'm gonna try it with the OMNI!

BadAssPerformance
05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
You ain't gonna autocross the Daytona?

I'm gonna try it with the OMNI!

I live my life a quarter mile at a time

:D

LOL, we'll see, that would mean 4 more wheels/tires to bring... Hmmm...

Reeves
05-22-2010, 03:23 PM

And for those 10 seconds or less.....I'm free......

It's not how you stand by your car.....

No street tires for the car show anyway?

Pat
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM

Boo hoo...4 more tires to bring. :p

sdac guy
05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
At SDAC-8, Cliff autocrossed the Silver Bullet on drag slicks (autocross was done on drag day in the pits parking lot). It was very memorable as the nitrous lit the tires up around the course. :thumb: He ran some good times too!

Barry

BadAssPerformance
05-22-2010, 05:18 PM
And for those 10 seconds or less.....I'm free.....

LOL, exaaactly

Boo hoo...4 more tires to bring. :p

Says the guy an hour from the convention :p

At SDAC-8, Cliff autocrossed the Silver Bullet on drag slicks (autocross was done on drag day in the pits parking lot). It was very memorable as the nitrous lit the tires up around the course. :thumb: He ran some good times too!

Barry

I remember that! :thumb: :hail:

pokadot1
05-23-2010, 08:33 AM

Barry
Barry I used no NOS when I was on the slicks... JUST BOOST. NOS is not OK on a timed, or legal autocross run. I did hit the NOS on a "fun" run in Detroit one year so there would be BLACK marks on the parking lot to help Mr Taylor stay on the correct line...LOL it did not help.
Some where there is a video of the Bullet rolling the slicks over far enough for the rims to touch the pavement in a hard turn, leaving a silver line on the track.
Cliffy

Sgt Craig
05-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Let me drive the SRT.:)

Sgt Craig
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
As long as you are an SDAC member that would be permitted. Only SDAC members are allowed to run cars that are not Shelby Dodge or Turbo Mopar type cars.

Barry

Dont worry I already did .

sdac guy
05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Barry I used no NOS when I was on the slicks... JUST BOOST. ....
Cliffy

Then that is even cooler Cliff! :thumb:

Barry

Reeves
07-19-2010, 10:06 PM
I liked the Q16 this year!!! It was a lot of fun! I say KEEP IT as long as we keep a good turnout!

BadAssPerformance
07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Ditto!

Pat
07-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Same here. I didn't think I'd like it, but it worked out well.

cordes
07-19-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought that the quick 16 was very exciting also. It was great to see so many fast cars running in it.

csxtra
07-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought that the quick 16 was very exciting also. It was great to see so many fast cars running in it.

And some not so fast cars too...like mine:D

Seriously, the Quick 16 was a very cool thing.:thumb:

contraption22
07-20-2010, 05:52 AM
I agree. It worked out well and was alot of fun!

30 PSI SHADOW
07-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes, Thanks barry. It was a winner. Except for me. I swear i have the longest drought for not winning a single round in ANY of the events at drag day. LOL!
Must be like 15 years! If anyone car prove me wrong, I will be shocked! from a broken axle,to a blown wastgate hose, or maybe its just just bad carma.
Maybe next year in the quick 16!

turboshad
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I enjoyed the quick 16, but a real elimination tree would be nice. I was a little shocked to see myself lined up with Slowe when I was somewhere around #9 or #10 in the field. I thought I at least had a chance for two rounds. Besides that, racing is always fun. :thumb:

Reeves
07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I enjoyed the quick 16, but a real elimination tree would be nice. I was a little shocked to see myself lined up with Slowe when I was somewhere around #9 or #10 in the field. I thought I at least had a chance for two rounds. Besides that, racing is always fun. :thumb:

You were probaly number 9. #1 vs. #9 , #2 vs. #10 , #3 vs. #11 and so on.

I believe I was up against #11.

turboshad
07-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Ahhhh......I always thought it was 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 etc. But I guess the way it was done makes it closer.....sort of. :p Either way I know I wasn't going to make it far. Still a great time.

Pat
07-20-2010, 11:18 AM

Yep. I was #8 and ran #16 in round 1.

Reeves
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I believe that is the Sportsman Ladder.

The Pro Ladder is #1 vs #16.

Or vice versa. I get the names mixed up.

sdac guy
07-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I believe that is the Sportsman Ladder.

The Pro Ladder is #1 vs #16.

Or vice versa. I get the names mixed up.I think you have it right. The national races I watch on TV have #1 vs #16 for TF, FC, and Pro Stock. I didn't know there was a Sportsman Ladder though, so that explains it for me as I was wondering.

As long as we continue to have enough entries to fill out the field of 16 we will continue to do it that way. Glad you guys liked it!

Barry