PDA

View Full Version : Volo Auto Museum 5th Annual Shelby Fest

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2006, 09:58 AM
The Volo Auto Museum will hold its 5th Annual Shelby Car Show from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on June 3, 2006. The show will feature a live band, beer garden, pig roast, as well as dash plaques and trophies autographed by Carroll Shelby. Adult admission is $15. Special rates are available for children, seniors, active military and veterans.

Carroll Shelby will be unable to attend the event due to health concerns.

"The Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to the Volo Auto Museum and all the participants in the Shelby Show. I know Carroll wishes he could join you at the show, hear the stories and meet each of you, unfortunately he is not able to make the trip. Enjoy the show and I'm sure there will be an impressive group of Shelby vehicles."
Jenni Shreeves - Director - Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation

Click here for Volo's website information page (http://www.volocars.com/news-events-schedule-06-03-06.html)

I am pre-registered and plan to bring my Z out again this year. Anyone else planning on showing / going? I call dibs on Jenni ;)

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2006, 01:23 AM
:bump2:

ngtwlf2
05-31-2006, 03:09 AM
ugh...i'd go but my dad HAD to get remarried that day so i will be in southern il:p

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Gotta do what cha gotta do :thumb: Maybe next year!?

ngtwlf2
05-31-2006, 12:17 PM
i made it out last year...came out for a few hours before i had to go in for work. i think i drooled over your car for an hour or so JT.

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2006, 01:15 PM
lol, thanks, I thought those drool stains were my sweat stains I forgot to wipe off... :thumb:

I'll have to send you some pics, or you'll see it if you make it over to the June meeting at my house next weekend... it's changing a little bit ;)

jaysshelby
06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Greg, Bruce, Myself, Brian and a few others plan on being there.

BadAssPerformance
06-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Cool, I'll see you there!

Anyone else going?

shmedley
06-02-2006, 12:14 AM
I should be there. I just have to get some miles on the lancer by then to see if I can trust it on that long of a trip yet.

BadAssPerformance
06-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Cool.

BadAssPerformance
06-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Check out the pics from the Volo Shelby Show in the gallery at www.sdac-chicago.org

Clink here for a direct link (http://www.sdac-chicago.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1770)

I think I need to figure out this one or need a new camera... the colors
look funky :(

Enjoy!

2.216VTurbo
06-16-2006, 06:44 PM
JT, your car is pretty easy to spot:thumb: But who's clean 86S with LeMans wheels and 87 SC black/silver? Except for the lone G body it looks like an all L body showing for FWD Mopars:D

BadAssPerformance
06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Total L-body fest... my Z felt like a stripper on 8-mile.

The '86 S with the LeMans wheels was a guy from WI. That is Jesse Buhr's old car.

The clean SC has less than 5k original miles and is absolutely spotless. It is in fact a different less than 5k mile black SC than the one in the pics linked in the CMC Naperville show thread too! both local to chi-town and new guys we just met.

shmedley
06-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Total L-body fest... my Z felt like a stripper on 8-mile.

The '86 S with the LeMans wheels was a guy from WI. That is Jesse Buhr's old car.

The clean SC has less than 5k original miles and is absolutely spotless. It is in fact a different less than 5k mile black SC than the one in the pics linked in the CMC Naperville show thread too! both local to chi-town and new guys we just met.

One way to tell that they are diffrent cars is the one at the CMC show did not have a sunroof.

Also I showed some guys at my work that give me crap about my SC being in parts pics of that car. I said to them "I told you I would get it running and look I did and I was at a car show with it"

one of the guys noticed that is was not mine because my rims are polished. The others thought it was mine. :bounce:

I did tell them the a few days later though...

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2006, 01:12 AM
lol, good one!

GLHS069
06-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Alan:
The 86 with the Lemans wheels was some young kid from the Green BAy Area. It used to be Jesse Buhr's car (JRB Exhaust boy). It's #61. I forgot what his name was. His dad had the 87 S car. They both were new to the Shelby stuff. I forgot who the shelby charger belonged to. He had only 4800 miles on it. He bought it new and pretty much parked it.

Steve

JT, your car is pretty easy to spot:thumb: But who's clean 86S with LeMans wheels and 87 SC black/silver? Except for the lone G body it looks like an all L body showing for FWD Mopars:D