PDA

View Full Version : 89 Daytona Fog light switch?

stormy69
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
where is it located? someone installed aftermarket fogs in mine... it appears its to the lower right of the stereo but i want some pics of an original if anyone could post one..

Turbodave
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Lower right of the stereo is where it goes, the factory rocker switch looks aftermarket in my opinion.

89FerrariShelby
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
http://newengland-motorsports.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=15

you can see it if you look closely, just above and to the right of the ashtray cover....

JohnnyIroc
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
if thats not the same one you have i can get you one

stormy69
02-01-2010, 04:18 PM
John, that would be great. i guessed that was the right spot as oe wiring was still behind the panel when i pulled the aftermarket (2 rockers, one for yellow and one for white) switch. i replaced the panel with a mint one from the j/y but no hole for the switch, an easy remedy now that i know it should be there. pm'n you now.

blk86trbo
02-04-2010, 12:49 PM
i replaced the panel with a mint one from the j/y but no hole for the switch, an easy remedy now that i know it should be there.

You may want to find a panel that already has the hole for the switch in it, instead of modifying yours. TurboRon said he's been having a hard time finding one of those panels without the hole....just something to think about.

stormy69
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
i would trade for one in equall shape if it would help out a member. lucky i dont have a switch already or it would be done! the one i have is perfect....

Mopar318
02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Yup, Im pretty sure its a aftermarket by the dealer option. On mine it looks like they cut the hole out with a dremmel.

blk86trbo
02-04-2010, 03:56 PM
i would trade for one in equall shape if it would help out a member. lucky i dont have a switch already or it would be done! the one i have is perfect....

Figures...LOL, I left one at the yard yesterday :banghead:

TurboRon25
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Figures...LOL, I left one at the yard yesterday :banghead:

It was nice?!? I didn't want to look after you stole my radio.
When we go back I think I can stuff that in my coat. ..They'd probably call it dash board and charge like $48 for it. LOL.

I hate 75% of the price structure at those corporate yards.

Ron

blk86trbo
02-04-2010, 06:02 PM
It was nice?!? I didn't want to look after you stole my radio.

Huh? LOL I thought you left it behind like that nice cargo cover you abandoned ;)

JohnnyIroc
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
i wouldent stuff it in my coat if you ever want to go back
i have seen them check everyone at the door before and i got caught at hammond before was told to never come back LOL

stormy69
02-05-2010, 02:45 AM
i dont disagree John, but it would take a warrant (and a police officer) for me to allow them to search my person. on the plus side, my local pick-a-part has a sign that says nuts, bolts, fuses, bulbs, relays, switches and i forget what else.... are FREE!
my trim plate will stay uncut till i get a switch, so if anybody comes up with trade material, lemme know.

TurboRon25
02-05-2010, 04:43 AM
i dont disagree John, but it would take a warrant (and a police officer) for me to allow them to search my person. on the plus side, my local pick-a-part has a sign that says nuts, bolts, fuses, bulbs, relays, switches and i forget what else.... are FREE!
my trim plate will stay uncut till i get a switch, so if anybody comes up with trade material, lemme know.

You read that Paul?!?! Switches are FREE!!! NOT $300! LOL

What a waste, they probably tossed them in the trash along with my mirror. Those guys were really just containers of feminine rinse.

Ron

blk86trbo
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
You read that Paul?!?! Switches are FREE!!! NOT $300!

Yeah, our local yards definitely need to take some lessons from them...a place like that earns your loyalty.

What a waste, they probably tossed them in the trash along with my mirror. Those guys were really just containers of feminine rinse.

Like I said man, I had to give them the benefit of the doubt, that they'd give a fair deal and not "nickel and dime" me for every teeny-weeny thing. Now that I think about it, they probably already factor into the prices that you've got something in your pocket :mad:

neongary
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Yup, Im pretty sure its a aftermarket by the dealer option. On mine it looks like they cut the hole out with a dremmel.
It's listed in the factory parts books. Must be that great quality control of the '80's. :clap:

blk86trbo
02-18-2010, 06:56 AM

Yesterday I struck out...the row of cars that had the 89 Daytona with the trim plate in it was gone. I'll keep an eye out if you are still looking.

turbokid
02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I have a spare switch

stormy69
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I have a spare switch

pm me how to make it happen :) i will post once i get one blk86, thanks for looking!

stormy69
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
well, i am still looking for the fog light switch and/or a nice panel but i came across another nice trim panel yesterday w/o fogs. if someone wants it $15 + shipping and its yours :)

just-a-guy
07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
well, i am still looking for the fog light switch and/or a nice panel but i came across another nice trim panel yesterday w/o fogs. if someone wants it $15 + shipping and its yours :)

Hi,

I have a 1989 Daytona ES and am trying to reinstall the fog light switch. Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

thanks in advance

Sandy