PDA

View Full Version : Minivan relays

The S is Silent
05-28-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm working on putting a minivan smec harness in my charger. So far, everything is done. I have the bulkhead connector spliced thanks to Heath, and I have the subharness connectors all figured out. The only thing I don't have figured out quite yet is the relay situation. I looked on my van and it looks like I have one squarish black relay, and 4 rectangular metalic ones.

What are each of those? Are all the silver ones identical units? The plugs for all 4 of them look the same. Or are they all specific to the function they serve? There are some with brackets that point left, and some with brackets that point right. Once I figure this out, the electrical part of my project will be done!

...I think :o

turbovanmanČ
05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Ok, looking at the drivers fender from the engine bay, starting at the front, you have the a/c fan relay, a/c wot cut-out relay, rad fan relay, starter relay and then the ASD relay.

iTurbo
05-29-2006, 09:49 PM
How are you going to mount the relays in the L-body bay? I couldn't figure out a place to mount the relay 'bar' in my Omni, so I got rid of the bar altogether and simply velcrod 'em to the driver side strut tower. It works.

The S is Silent
05-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I have no AC, so I'm going to mount them in the stock L-body position with the ASD relay next to it or something.