PDA

View Full Version : Calibration problem - please help

turbo84voyager
01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
I am having a problem with my cal I am hoping someone can help. The cal starts and runs fine. The problem is with it idiling for about 2 minutes, it will go rich. Like its going into open loop. There is also a very slight change in the idle immediately when this happens. My dawes will jump to the blue and the wideband will go down to the 12's or lower. It will then very slowly lean back out to where it should be. This may take a while and sometimes the best way to get it to go back quicker is to turn the engine off and restart. If I dont let it idle its fine and never seems to do this. I believe there is some type of timer because the time it needs to idle before this happens appears to be the same. It will do this no matter if its warm or cold. The only difference with it cold is it seems to get richer, I am assuming this is because of the other enrichment tables being used. Has anyone ever experienced this or knows what timer may be causing this. I would like to eliminate this timer or try to fix this somehow.

Any info would be grately appreceiated. If someone has a 2.5 3 bar cal that does not do this let me know. I have tried a few different base cals and I have the same problem.

Thanks,
Justin

DodgeZ
01-27-2010, 10:35 AM
have you tried a ladybug?

ShelGame
01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I know what's wrong. Check out the T-SMEC thread in a few minutes...