PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau Seats

turboshad
01-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm looking for some seats to install when I get the cage in to accomodate a 5 point harness. I really like the Corbeaus for the price but I have never sat in one before. Does anyone have a set? I am looking at the LG1 reclining seat but any feedback on their comfort and quality would be appreciated. My main concern would be that I would consider picking them up in the states if I can attend SDAC and if they suck it will be a loooooong drive home. Thx.

http://www.corbeau.com/product_images/lg1/grey/LG1-25509-right-lg.jpg

Mopar318
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I have sat in the Corbeaus, and have taken a few sets apart. They are such cheaply made pieces of junk. Very think upholstery, hard foam, lumbar in the wrong places, etc....

But you do get what you pay for. They are better than the Ebay racing seats, the Corbeaus have a decent frame on them and will stay together.

Now saying that, I suggest getting a set of recaros if your looking for comfort and quality. What kind of money do you want to spend?

Nemesismachine
01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I have a set of ultra shields that are pretty nice, 19* layback aluminum race seats. Cheap, light.

turboshad
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I have sat in the Corbeaus, and have taken a few sets apart. They are such cheaply made pieces of junk. Very think upholstery, hard foam, lumbar in the wrong places, etc....

But you do get what you pay for. They are better than the Ebay racing seats, the Corbeaus have a decent frame on them and will stay together.

Now saying that, I suggest getting a set of recaros if your looking for comfort and quality. What kind of money do you want to spend?

Ya, I guess price was what drew me to the Corbeaus. They seemed the best for anything in that range.

I have a set of ultra shields that are pretty nice, 19* layback aluminum race seats. Cheap, light.

Do you daily drive them? I don't like sitting too upright so I was a bit afraid of getting a fixed back. I thought the higher sides migh get a bit uncomfortable on a long haul too.

I took a look and a guy has a set of Sparco Torino 2s in grey/black in PA......quite close to SDAC20 ...hmmm

turbojerk
01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I love them in my car. Plenty of room for me and the cage and comfotable enough to go on a long ride. When and if these wear out I will be replacing them with the same...

These are probably close to 5-6 years old now...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/2390621334_69b1b141e9_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2390621882_b5b9c4a113_b.jpg

turboshad
01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I love them in my car. Plenty of room for me and the cage and comfotable enough to go on a long ride.

Opinions is what I'm looking for since I feel $1000 is a decent investment into something. Would they be comfortable enough to go on a 2300 mile one way ride?

turbojerk
01-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Opinions is what I'm looking for since I feel $1000 is a decent investment into something. Would they be comfortable enough to go on a 2300 mile one way ride?

They ARE racing seats so don't expect the best ride of your life. But that being said I feel that I personally could do so without a problem, but its all up to the driver.

I "was" going to take this car to SDAC last year and I wasn't the least concerned about being uncomfortable in these seats for the drive from Gettysburg to Kentucky.

BTW: I found these on Craigslist for $150. A steal and they fit exactly how I wanted them too....:thumb:

cs daytona
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
back in 02, in my old bmw i had a set of sparco torinos. Very comfy but the cloth faded very quick (hope u have tint). I drove everyday around 140 miles to/from work. Later i wanted something lighter, so i picked up a sparco evo2 side mount seat. Even that one was comfy! And both seats i used a 5-pt schroth harness (which i recommend highly btw!). My old torinos are still being used in my buddys race-only street mod autox m3. Theyre still holding up like day one. I think for the price sparco is excellent except for the cloth that was fading (again tint will fix this)

travis

turboshad
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I have tinted windows and I live in a winter for 7 months of the year climate. Our summers don't get too hot so hopefully that will combat the fading. Right now I'm leaning towards the Torinos, I just have to figure out if I'm coming to SDAC to pick up the set I have my eye on.

neongary
02-03-2010, 01:46 PM
You might have more feedback with this thread in the "modification" forum rather than "restoration".

turboshad
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
You might have more feedback with this thread in the "modification" forum rather than "restoration".

Ya, I just noticed that today. These forums can be so complicated. :)