PDA

View Full Version : Ostrich 2.0 10-19 $157.50/unit 20 or more $148.75/unit ALL+Shipping

minigts
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Please note that anyone is welcome to contact Moates and place your order directly, receiving a discount on the Ostrich device at $148.75 and a 10% discount on ANY other items purchased at the same time. I would imagine this is good for at least a couple of more weeks, but don't hesitate to get your order in. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

Go to www.moates.com and either navigate to the Ostrich link or search for it. Add this to the cart and continue shopping or check out. For first time buyers, you'll probably need to setup an account, I think. Once you have all the items in your cart and check out, be sure to add the following comments in the comments section.

Comments to add for placing your order.

You're on the Turbo-Mopar group buy
You were told there is a 10% discount on additional items purchased
You'd like the cheapest shipping possible, preferably USPS

As you check out, the total WILL NOT reflect what you will actually pay. The order will be processed with the normal pricing. However, you will receive a refund reflective of what the pricing should be for the Ostrich ($148.75) and the 10% discount on the additional items.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions. Also, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD and the supporting threads regarding the Ostrich. I plan to start a thread with some of my experiences with this device, but a LOT of other people have been using it and have posted already. Please read through their post for information.

Well I thought I would put my money where my mouth is. These units go for about $175 per unit, but if you get 10 or more people to buy they are $157.50. Details about the unit are here and anyone interested who knows about how these work can and SHOULD chime in. If we get 20 or more, it's only $148.75. The prices will need to have shipping added to them, but that will need to be figured out when/if the order is delivered to me. I plan to have the entire batch sent to me and then to everyone. You can ask anyone on the board, I am honest and will be fair and honest about this transaction. I WILL ship everything that comes with each unit and will only ask for exact cost for the transaction. Please keep in mind if we can get 20 that is over $25 off the price, which is pretty good. For those of you who are already programming, a burner is about $85 or so shipped.

I will not collect the money until we have agreement on the number of people ordering. Once we do that, everyone will have 1 week to get the money in so we can get the order going. I will contact Moates about how long processing takes to see if we can figure out an ETA once we get the complete list. Please post in the thread if you want one and I will compile the list every day or more frequently. There is a poll where you can say Yes if you are, but please vote AND post you are going to buy.

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=169

Here is the support page:

http://support.moates.net/2008/09/11/ostrich-20-overview/

x.Gen recently bought one and was very pleased with it and could probably provide more detail and possibly give some accounts of how he's used it.

There is also a chip extender that would be a good idea to get and really, it makes sense to have it for replacing chips quickly.

Information on this can be found here:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=172

The price stated DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CHIP EXTENDER. They are an additional $20, but if you want one I can include it in the shipment and then get it to you. I will inquire about group buys for this as well, but keep in mind some may already have it, like me. :)

PLEASE NOTE: If you commit to buying this, you are committed. There is no backing out. If we get more than 10 or more than 20, we will get certain prices. Backing out will raise the price and I'm not going to take money and then ask for more or have to refund stuff because of one person. The total for 10 to me initially will be about $1500 and for 20 it will be close to $3000. I can foot the bill for a couple of weeks, but I'm not going to pay for your item. If we don't get enough for 10, then we won't do it. If we get more than 10 slowly, we'll do only the 10-19 pricing for whatever number 10-19. If we get over 10 fairly quickly we will see about making it to the 20 pricing.

ALSO NOTE: If you have a negative rep on this or any other board, don't even bother asking to get in on the deal. I'm not going to deal with people who screw other people over and worry about you doing it to me. If you want one, get someone who trust you and that I can trust to buy it for you. I don't care what your plight is, you've made a name for yourself so deal with it. And believe me if I question in my mind who you are, I will inquire about your rep. That is all.

EDIT: Payment section added.
PAYMENT

I know I've mentioned this, but a little more regarding the order. If you plan to get more than just the Ostrich system, please let me know up front either via PM or posting here. When paying, all I ask is that you list what you are ordering from Moates. Everyone will obviously be getting the Ostrich 2.0, but if you get a chip extender, chips to burn, a longer cable, etc., please let me know and include the additional funds for each. Also, if you are getting something more other than the Ostrich and a chip extender, please provide the link either via PM or when you pay (Paypal preferred.) The link for the items is so I don't order the wrong piece.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. If I forgot anything please add. And for those who have used it or have one, please provide some feedback to those who are interested, if you don't mind. I'd like to get one for a few bucks less and would like to help others as well.

For those in Canada, we'll have to work something out for shipping. I don't know it works, but I'm sure someone can guide me. :)

minigts
01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
FYI, the poll is public, but again please vote AND post in the thread.

badandy
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Great information
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31181&highlight=Ostrich

turbovanmanČ
01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
These things are da bomb, :thumb:

You should get the chip extender and ZIF socket, they use the same cable as the Ostrich.

It takes time and practice but they are really worth it and you WILL need a wideband and laptop, but you don't need a new laptop either.

bakes
01-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I love my Ostrich2 i recomend it , i just wish they still offered the blue tooth option .
There is nothing like tuning on the fly with out shuting down to reboot/flash

minigts
01-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Great information

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks for the link Andy, this is the kind of stuff I was hoping others would post. Just more reasons to think about getting one.

These things are da bomb, :thumb:

You should get the chip extender and ZIF socket, they use the same cable as the Ostrich.

It takes time and practice but they are really worth it and you WILL need a wideband and laptop, but you don't need a new laptop either.

I love my Ostrich2 i recomend it , i just wish they still offered the blue tooth option .
There is nothing like tuning on the fly with out shuting down to reboot/flash

Thanks for your input guys. And that is the real advantage to this, tuning without having to shut down, let the computer learn things again, rinse and repeat. You can do all this stuff with ease.

turbovanmanČ
01-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Thanks for your input guys. And that is the real advantage to this, tuning without having to shut down, let the computer learn things again, rinse and repeat. You can do all this stuff with ease.

Even while driving if you have a co pilot, :amen:

4cefedomni
01-26-2010, 04:07 PM
only 2 so far! come on guys! I'm pretty sure my brother is gonna want one too. we were originaly gonna share one but I think for this price we would just each get one.

minigts
01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
only 2 so far! come on guys! I'm pretty sure my brother is gonna want one too. we were originaly gonna share one but I think for this price we would just each get one.

Yeah, I agree. Either way we're all saving a good $25+ per unit. Doesn't seem like a lot, but when you look at the cost of the burners and the time and effort to burn, test, reburn, retest, etc., this pays for itself in effort alone.

Andy mentioned that with SMEC cars there is a power draw that could affect cars that sit for long periods of time. It doesn't seem to be a theory it seems to be fact, but for daily drivers it more than likely wouldn't be a problem. It probably draws power like a radio does with a car where the battery is left hooked up. Again, this is for SMECs only, although I still don't understand why it doesn't affect the LM-based cars. :confused2:

turbovanmanČ
01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Andy mentioned that with SMEC cars there is a power draw that could affect cars that sit for long periods of time. It doesn't seem to be a theory it seems to be fact, but for daily drivers it more than likely wouldn't be a problem. It probably draws power like a radio does with a car where the battery is left hooked up. Again, this is for SMECs only, although I still don't understand why it doesn't affect the LM-based cars. :confused2:

I think that was his bluetooth wasn't it? I haven't experienced any battery draw from it.

minigts
01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I think that was his bluetooth wasn't it? I haven't experienced any battery draw from it.

Knowing Andy he probably left it on all night after talking to some chick. ;) Good to know it could be the BT that caused the drain, but if we can verify this possibly? Either way, I'm getting one. I just hope we can get to 20 so I can get a good discount. :)

badandy
01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Knowing Andy he probably left it on all night after talking to some chick. ;) Good to know it could be the BT that caused the drain, but if we can verify this possibly? Either way, I'm getting one. I just hope we can get to 20 so I can get a good discount. :)

BUSTED!:D

Okay, no seriously...here is what I experienced.

At the time (pre-bluetooth) I was daily driving the car and never had any issues. After bluetooth installation I scored a daily driver for cheap so I didn't drive the CSXT except for fun and to tune. I killed off my stock replacement battery after letting the car sit for a few weeks and didn't think a thing about it...just figured it was old. I then replaced that with an Odyssey and thought things were peachy again...wrong! It was at this time I decided to research what was going on and found I had a current draw which I initially thought was stock wiring going bad. After checking all the systems out in the car I decided to swap to a burned chip and viola!...problem solved! I unfortunately had to jump the car (which Moates said NOT to do but I forgot) and fried my bluetooth. I unsoldered the bluetooth from the Ostrich and reinstalled it and all was good again. I then decided to test for a current draw one last time and did get one that was ever so slight. I then decided to swap back to a burned chip for winter storage. I never was able to measure the draw with my multimeter beforehand. From that point on the car went for paint and I never got back on the issue.

If you are driving fairly often I don't see it as a problem. If you want to store you car months at a time I would disconnect the main power wire to the SMEC. For me...I didn't drive the car for 3 months and since getting it painted I have only driven it 6 hrs back from Kentucky late last year and have not driven the car since (as I'm in the middle of a drive train build-up/swap)...so I decided to pull the Ostrich for now and let James and Warren use it.

Long story short...if you have a SMEC/Ostrich car and are going to let the car sit for a few months...unplug the SMEC from the battery. Not a big deal...but just something you guys might want to be aware of.

GrimShadow
01-27-2010, 05:32 AM

i'm in, hopefully we get enough to order soon.

GLHS-024
01-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm in, can send money when you are ready!

minigts
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
i'm in, hopefully we get enough to order soon.

Brother? :)

I'm in, can send money when you are ready!

I'll be asking for the money once we get past 10 or 20. I'd love to be optimistic and say we'll get the $20 price, but I'm planning on the 10-19 price. :$ Hopefully more will want in. So far so good though, 3 (4 including me) in 2 days is a good start.

BTW, I'm updating the wording in the original post and will note in bold.

minigts
01-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Current list.

1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts

Shadow
01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Sign me up! :thumb:

boost geek
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I really want to get one, just got a netbook, but I can't swing the $$$ right now...

turbovanmanČ
01-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I really want to get one, just got a netbook, but I can't swing the $$$ right now...

Sell your soul, come on, :thumb:

4cefedomni
01-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Brother? :)

Yup thats my brother:thumb:

boost geek
01-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Sell your soul, come on, :thumb:

It's probably not worth $150...

turbovanmanČ
01-28-2010, 12:10 AM

You could try! :D

4cefedomni
01-28-2010, 01:33 AM

Come on, EVERYBODY is doing it:D

thefitisgay
01-28-2010, 03:03 AM

isnt it pretty much useless after you get the car tuned?

boost geek
01-28-2010, 03:17 AM
If you get the car tuned "perfectly", you can burn a chip and use the Ostrich in another car.

turbovanmanČ
01-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Yes and no, you can continue to use it or put it away until you make more change's, or rent it to a buddy and so on.

minigts
01-28-2010, 11:10 AM

I kinda thought this before, too. I think for the lay person who wants a tune and plan to never touch the car again, yes I agree. But anytime you change something on a car, which for a lot of us is inevitable, adjustments will need to be made. Not to mention, if you go to the track and want to make adjustments there without having to do the whole, change the cal, burn the chip, remove/install, repeat as needed, this will let you have the flexibility to do this with a lot less downtime. And for me I drive my car daily so I' d like to be able to tune it for efficiency on the highway as well as if I want to just drive it however. Every day I drive 70+ miles to and from work, so fuel economy is something I want to shoot for. Then, I can take my settings, burn it to a chip and have it installed, say for winter driving.

There are a lot of options, but I think this is a VERY effective solution for tuning the car without having to pay $1000+ for a stand alone system like an SDS box or FAST, which is MUCH more expensive. It's the poor man's stand alone, so to speak. :p AND you can let friends use it for a beer or six pack...or a flat of Diet Cokes/Pepsi's. :)

minigts
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger

Shadow and Badger added! Thanks guys, let's shoot for 20!!!!

mcsvt
01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Why not, add me to the list.

minigts
01-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Why not, add me to the list.

lol That's the spirit Gary, "What the hell..." :) Seriously, thanks man! :thumb:

1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt

Doing great! We have 7 people after about 3 days, so this is promising. I'm going to get in touch with the people at Moates to go over details about pricing for chip extenders in the event that some of you will want one. Hopefully I will get some good news along with an estimate on pricing for shipping and an ETA once the order is completed. My wife and I have a Fex Ex account number so I'll see if they will let us use ours, assuming it is cheaper.

cs daytona
01-28-2010, 04:38 PM
OH MAN! i gotta see how fast i can get my tax refund. then its on like donkey kong

travis

minigts
01-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Just a bump for anyone interested. Please post in the thread and also in the poll.

guyd_15
01-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I'll take one.

Guy

DodgeZ
01-30-2010, 12:25 AM

I can tell you have never made a tune for yourself. You can spend a lot of time tweaking a tune. Then if you go to the track and want to run race gas and adjust your timing and boost and your 2 step rev limiter are you really going to burn chips at the track? Plus if you are like the rest of us you have more then one shelby dodge.

When tuning the stand alone in my SRT I made hundreds of changes. No joke. HUNDREDS!!! Very small changes to get it dialed in. Things like idle and WOT. If my srt had a "chip" I would have had to burn a new cal ever single time. That means turn car off, unhook battery, pull chip, erase chip,burn the new cal to chip, install chip, plug battery back up and then turn car on and check of changes. With the ostrich the steps are... run car, make change, see if it worked.

basically it is one of these for shelby dodges.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-SRT4-Dodge-Neon-SCT-Flash-Tuner_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea90595a7QQitemZ 200404211111QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAc cessories

DodgeZ
01-30-2010, 12:38 AM
There are a lot of options, but I think this is a VERY effective solution for tuning the car without having to pay $1000+ for a stand alone system like an SDS box or FAST, which is MUCH more expensive. It's the poor man's stand alone, so to speak.

I will say that us cheap fcuking shelby dodge guys really have it good. To get the same thing for any other car it is around 500 bucks for flashing and ability to adjust tunes. I pulled the 1500 dollar stand alone out of my SRT so I can use it on my Omni/SRT project. Mind you that was a steal at 1500 bucks as retail is like 3 grand. Nevermind the fact it doesn't come with a tune. Local tuners want 500 bucks to tune it... anyway I went with a diablo sport. On a super sale I got it for 300 bucks. Now this devices lets you adjust WOT fuel and timing. That is it... So I had to buy a tune to get a rescale for 3bar and my big injectors. Mail order tune. I am on my 7th adjustment and it still isn't dialed in. I so wish I could adjust it while on the road with a co-driver making simple changes....

minigts
01-30-2010, 03:10 AM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15

List updated.

x.Gen
01-30-2010, 05:02 PM
I will say that us cheap fcuking shelby dodge guys really have it good.

that is an understatement (on both counts). the infinite tunability is worth the price alone, no hassle for a re-burn because your cal is off just a little; just the time it takes to isolate the soft spots and focus on eliminating them. can't accurately put a value on that. and for the most part, we are spoon fed here, the majority of the information is easily available - just some reading and you're off to the races.

I would have liked to grab one thru a group buy if I could have stood the wait, but the literally instant gratification was worth the extra $20. a few weeks later, it still feels as good as a new piece of a$$ :bounce:

minigts
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
that is an understatement (on both counts). the infinite tunability is worth the price alone, no hassle for a re-burn because your cal is off just a little; just the time it takes to isolate the soft spots and focus on eliminating them. can't accurately put a value on that. and for the most part, we are spoon fed here, the majority of the information is easily available - just some reading and you're off to the races.

I would have liked to grab one thru a group buy if I could have stood the wait, but the literally instant gratification was worth the extra $20. a few weeks later, it still feels as good as a new piece of a$$ :bounce:

Well one of the reasons I wanted to do this was because of the post you made recently. It kind of just put me over the edge with doing it. That and the fact that I'd like to be able to tune my car without having to borrow Kevin's burner to do so. He has his car(s) to tune and needs his stuff back. :) Just think that one of the guys going in on the group buy is you a month or so ago, saving the $26.50. :D

Pat
01-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm in.

minigts
01-30-2010, 06:56 PM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat

List updated. Thanks Pat and could you vote for the record. :)

Pat
01-30-2010, 07:00 PM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat

List updated. Thanks Pat and could you vote for the record. :)

Done! Thanks for putting this together Jon!

minigts
01-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Done! Thanks for putting this together Jon!

Hey, I'm here for the people. :D

boost geek
01-30-2010, 07:18 PM
If this happen "too" quickly, I could be in.

DodgeZ
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
I am in for the 148 dollar deal

minigts
01-30-2010, 07:44 PM
If this happen "too" quickly, I could be in.

Dood, Kevin makes 10, but if we get another 10, that's an even better deal. We got 10 people in about 5 days. I think we can get 20. With you we'd only need NINE more, just think about it.

I am in for the 148 dollar deal

Damn skippy. Thanks Kevin! :thumb:

minigts
01-30-2010, 07:45 PM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat
10. DodgeZ
11. boost ge...?

List updated again, thanks Kevin.

boost geek
01-30-2010, 07:57 PM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat
10. DodgeZ
11. boost ge...?

List updated again, thanks Kevin.

I kinda did a typo, meant if it "doesn't" happen too quickly. I want one, I just got a netbook, just gotta get the $$$ together.

wowzer
01-31-2010, 12:06 AM
oops - missed this thread. i'm in.

omni_840
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm in for the 20 person price

minigts
01-31-2010, 12:55 AM
oops - missed this thread. i'm in.

I'm in for the 20 person price

Thanks guys, added. :thumb: We have a very good chance to get to 20 at this rate.

I kinda did a typo, meant if it "doesn't" happen too quickly. I want one, I just got a netbook, just gotta get the $$$ together.

Well hopefully you'll be able to, just think positive! Sell something, I plan to. I think plasma and semen have some good exchange rates at the donor offices. :p

1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat
10. DodgeZ
11. wowzer
12. omni_840

minigts
01-31-2010, 12:56 AM
DodgeZ and omni_840, if you could do the vote if you intend on going through. I understand your caveat of buying at 20 or more, but if you could so the count will be there I'd appreciate it.

omni_840
01-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Voted....

I'm gonna need a lot of help with all of this stuff :D

DodgeZ
01-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Voted....

I'm gonna need a lot of help with all of this stuff :D

Jon needs a lot of help also.

boost geek
01-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Ok, voted, I'm in. I'll make it work come pay-up time...:clap:

minigts
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat
10. DodgeZ
11. wowzer
12. omni_840
13. boost geek

Thanks BG!! Looks like we are going to get to 20, excerrent! Guys, I am going to be out of town on business this week, so if we get to 20 before Friday, I won't be able to collect money or start processing the order, just an FYI. I probably should set a deadline too so those who are in on the deal don't have to wait. What say 1 week after we go over 20 the group buy is closed? This will give time for collecting money and confirming orders. I think we will get to the 20, we only need 7 more now. :thumb:

minigts
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
1. 4cefedomni
2. GLHS-024
3. GrimShadow
4. minigts
5. Shadow
6. Badger
7. mcsvt
8. guyd_15
9. Pat
10. DodgeZ
11. wowzer
12. omni_840
13. boost geek
14. A.J.

Oh Canadian TM brother who PM'ed me, you'll make 15 which leaves only 5 more. :eyebrows:

A.J.
01-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm in. I have the laptop, chip extender, LC1 W.B., and the zif socket. I haven't worked on my tune due to the fact I can't do it on the fly. I really need to get something done for the summer. I can't run 15 p.s.i. like I can in the winter due to the heat out here.

I am going to be away from the internet on 2/4 and 2/5. If you want, PM me and I can give you my cell number that I'll have with me.

A.J.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0206.jpg

minigts
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm in. I have the laptop, chip extender, LC1 W.B., and the zif socket. I haven't worked on my tune due to the fact I can't do it on the fly. I really need to get something done for the summer. I can't run 15 p.s.i. like I can in the winter due to the heat out here.

I am going to be away from the internet on 2/4 and 2/5. If you want, PM me and I can give you my cell number that I'll have with me.

A.J.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0206.jpg

No worries. I think we won't be collecting money for at least a week. I want to get to 20, which we should be able to do and I want to make sure that if anyone is interested that they get in. We don't need 20, we need 20 or more. Nice setup, btw. I always wanted to get with you about how you did it. :D

minigts
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Bump for anyone interested. We only need a few more for the 20 group buy price.

DodgeZ
02-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Bump for anyone interested. We only need a few more for the 20 group buy price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

A.J.
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
:lol: The Benny Hill soundtrack makes it that much funnier.

A.J.

moparman76_69
02-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Lol reminds me of something you'd see on Monty Python.

4cefedomni
02-06-2010, 04:41 AM
come on guys!!!
I think alot of people could benefit from these

minigts
02-06-2010, 02:47 PM
come on guys!!!
I think alot of people could benefit from these

Agreed. There was one other person interested who wants in if we get the 20, he would make 15. In essence we need 6 more, but 1 is on the fence, so in a way only 5. Guys, we can get the six so the rest of you sign up. We'll get the order processed quickly once everyone has committed to buying.

DodgeZ
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
why don't you ask them if we can get the 20 person price with 15 folks?

minigts
02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
why don't you ask them if we can get the 20 person price with 15 folks?

I will, good suggestion Kevin! It's not exactly close, but maybe they'll bend a tad, a smidgen if you will.

minigts
02-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Bump. Guys we only need a few more. Monday I will call Moates and see about getting the 20 group price for what we have. The #15 is still on the fence, come on YOU... ;) But for now, lets shoot for an honest number of 20. If we do get the 20 this week, I'll go ahead and start collecting the money so when we close the window the process will be quick.

Thanks again to everyone who is in it so far. :thumb:

turboaddict
02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
sorry if this has been asked but what about use with the lm setup? having 2 t-ms i would want to switch being able to tune between the 90 van and the 87 csx.
thanks

A.J.
02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I accidentally stumbled across this topic in another thread and was guided here. We might have the other five people but they don't know about this group buy due to the location. If someone could talk to a moderator to get a temporary banner on the top of the forum page or some other high traffic area, just so everyone could see it, it might help.

A.J.

minigts
02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. I know DodgeZ is using an LM for his CSX, but maybe someone else could confirm. My understand is, it will work for either but there is potential for a power drain with a SMEC based on badandy's experience.

turboaddict
02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
okay thanks so what all would i need to be able to use the ostrich in both vehicles as a plug and play operation ?

minigts
02-07-2010, 07:22 PM
For a LM car, you would only need a laptop to do the programming. It comes with the items listed on the link at the beginning. The cable it comes with plugs into whatever LM or SMEC that is socketed and that cable plugs into the device. From there, it would go USB to a computer or laptop for tuning as you have the car running. It is EXTREMELY encouraged to have a wideband at that point so you'll know how the car is running, possibly one that can monitor TPS, MAP, RPM, etc. The link badandy posted in post 3 or 4 is GREAT information about how the system works and I suggest you read that as well. Keep asking questions as others may have more or better input.

turboaddict
02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
well i read it and i understand it, but i want to tune on the fly and then be able to swap it over to the second vehicle once it is dialed in. or is it set up where i would have to remove the whole thing and replace it with a burnt chip once i have tuned?

minigts
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
You would still need a chip burner or someone to burn it for you if you wanted to swap to another car, but that is what DodgeZ plans to do. He has like 5 cars or whatever and can use this on each to tune them while driving and then burn a chip with the cal he dynamically tuned.

x.Gen
02-08-2010, 04:05 AM
sorry if this has been asked but what about use with the lm setup? having 2 t-ms i would want to switch being able to tune between the 90 van and the 87 csx.
thanks

mine is hooked to an LM, they are the easiest to adapt to since the boards aren't potted and are stored in the cabin. with an LM, the cable is long enough to get up to the glove box for a concealed, easy access install (can leave kick panel secured). I have a second gen I haven't cracked the SMEC open on yet, but I'll be doing that shortly since I have this and my primary project is almost done now...in the situation of having 2 TM's one with an LM, I can't imagine it would be easier with the ostrich, except of course if both were LM's. I won't hesitate to plan only using the ostrich between the two, doubt I will ever bother to burn a chip for either. this thing is about as plug and play as it gets (once you have the file burning sequence down), and a laptop cures the need for on-the-fly tuning. just buy a second ribbon cable for the second vehicle, swap the box as needed. cheaper than burning a chip unless you have free access to a burner.

I'm SOOO glad I didn't wait for a group buy to get set up, it was worth every mother freakin penny. the jump up to next level tuning is worth so much more than this thing retails for. use it once and you will realize it is stupid cheap. everyone who posted about this before me said the same thing about it, but obviously not everyone is catching the wave on this one.

you guys should be circulating a link to a this thread, not waiting for it to hit the main page or something. :bounce2: I wouldn't be splitting hairs over a couple bucks, you will only regret waiting. it isn't easy getting 20 people on the same page at the same time.:grouphug: make it for a TM item costing more than $100, I can see the torture that awaits the recipients of another $8 discount.

dig deep guys, this is the best money you will spend in a long time.

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
mine is hooked to an LM, they are the easiest to adapt to since the boards aren't potted and are stored in the cabin. with an LM, the cable is long enough to get up to the glove box for a concealed, easy access install (can leave kick panel secured). I have a second gen I haven't cracked the SMEC open on yet, but I'll be doing that shortly since I have this and my primary project is almost done now...in the situation of having 2 TM's one with an LM, I can't imagine it would be easier with the ostrich, except of course if both were LM's. I won't hesitate to plan only using the ostrich between the two, doubt I will ever bother to burn a chip for either. this thing is about as plug and play as it gets (once you have the file burning sequence down), and a laptop cures the need for on-the-fly tuning. just buy a second ribbon cable for the second vehicle, swap the box as needed. cheaper than burning a chip unless you have free access to a burner.

I'm SOOO glad I didn't wait for a group buy to get set up, it was worth every mother freakin penny. the jump up to next level tuning is worth so much more than this thing retails for. use it once and you will realize it is stupid cheap. everyone who posted about this before me said the same thing about it, but obviously not everyone is catching the wave on this one.

you guys should be circulating a link to a this thread, not waiting for it to hit the main page or something. :bounce2: I wouldn't be splitting hairs over a couple bucks, you will only regret waiting. it isn't easy getting 20 people on the same page at the same time.:grouphug: make it for a TM item costing more than $100, I can see the torture that awaits the recipients of another $8 discount.

Do you work for Moates or something? LOL

minigts
02-08-2010, 11:26 AM

heh, Thanks for the words! And although we aren't getting a HUGE discount, it is still a decent price, almost $30 off the regular cost and you have the same advantages of using a chip burner, only immediate gratification. The other thing is, you have the Ostrich and someone else has the burner. So if someone wants to use the Ostrich then trade favors (PG style ;)) and have them burn you a chip of the cal you tuned on the fly and let them use the Ostrich system. Once you get it back, plug the Ostrich back up and go about your business knowing that you have a cal burned to chip in case something goes awry.

No doubt. Calling Moates today since Memphis is snowed in with 2 inches of snow. :p

sdac guy
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I just came out of my shell long enough to get in on this. I am in for either discount. PM me when it is time to pay up as I don't check this section often.

Barry

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I will, good suggestion Kevin! It's not exactly close, but maybe they'll bend a tad, a smidgen if you will.

They are really good guys, Moates that is, :amen:

thanks

okay thanks so what all would i need to be able to use the ostrich in both vehicles as a plug and play operation ?

You still need socketed computer, then this is plug and play and you can tune on the fly.

That's why I suggest getting an extended chip socket, so after your done, you burn a chip then you can use the Ostrich on as many cars as you want.

I bought a 16 ft A-B printer cable, its what you need to hook the Ost to a laptop and its permanantly attached to the van, they ship you a 4 footer I believe.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=160

minigts
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I just came out of my shell long enough to get in on this. I am in for either discount. PM me when it is time to pay up as I don't check this section often.

Barry

That's what I'm talkin' about Barry!!! Excellent, we are doing well and only need 4 more.

I'm calling after lunch to try and get a hold of Craig Moates about the 20 discount for a few less. Please keep in mind if you want to use the Ostrich 24x7 you can, but if you want to use it on one car and then on another, it will make life easier to have the chip extender listed in the first post. It isn't necessary and I'm not in any way trying to sell these for Moates, just throwing that out there.

For anyone wanting additional items from the Moates site, just make a list of what you want and include it in the total price, i.e., go to Moates.net and make sure that if you want something you order it now so it can all come with one shipment.

sdac guy
02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I will pop for the chip extender also (just went back and read the first page of posts).

Barry

minigts
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I will pop for the chip extender also (just went back and read the first page of posts).

Barry

No problem Barry. I'm not collecting money just yet, but looks like we will very shortly. :D

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Doesn't it come with the extender?

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Comes with 6 foot USB cable and 18" 28-pin DIP emulation header. Also comes with 28-pin machine-tooled socket that can be snapped onto the emulation cable for protection and improved connections.
????????

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
No, it comes with a cable and cable adapter that plugs INTO a chip socket. Look at the links I posted a few threads ago.

minigts
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
????????

No just the cable. The extender is something extra that you'll want to buy but isn't required to make it work. This was in post #1. :)

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 03:05 PM
No just the cable. The extender is something extra that you'll want to buy but isn't required to make it work. This was in post #1. :)

what is the extender going to do?

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM

You tell me I don't read????????? Its for, wait for it, USING A CHIP. :lol:

minigts
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM

For you, it will allow you to burn a chip and use the cal you've created with the Ostrich when you remove the Ostrich to tune another car. If you only have one car, you most likely won't need the extender. I personally like the flexibility to have either a chip using the extender or just running the Ostrich 24x7. Granted, I already have the extender (for the car, not for me) but I would probably get one if I didn't have it already. Flexibility my friend.

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 03:16 PM
For you, it will allow you to burn a chip and use the cal you've created with the Ostrich when you remove the Ostrich to tune another car. If you only have one car, you most likely won't need the extender. I personally like the flexibility to have either a chip using the extender or just running the Ostrich 24x7. Granted, I already have the extender (for the car, not for me) but I would probably get one if I didn't have it already. Flexibility my friend.

For a guy that has removed half the wiring from under his hood I find it odd you want 36 inches of ribbon cable, an ostrich, 6 feet of usb cable and random circuit board floating around. The chip extender is meant to be temporary or at least mount inside the car. I wouldn't run the extender around too much under the hood. Once you get your cal finished you need to burn a chip and stick it back in the computer. LOL. You redneck. :lol:

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Well... you can always whittle a proective casing from wood for the extender....

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Here is something I am tossing the idea about. Made from a 20 cent piece of scrap wood....

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19349&d=1261093797

minigts
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Here is something I am tossing the idea about. Made from a 20 cent piece of scrap wood....

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19349&d=1261093797

Or maybe I'll get Bender to make it! And those look like my fingers! Copyright infringement!!!! :D

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Or maybe I'll get Bender to make it! And those look like my fingers! Copyright infringement!!!! :D

Oh, I'd be down for that. :nod:

minigts
02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh, I'd be down for that. :nod:

He and I already talked about it, but I needed to get him a prototype. Although, the Ostrich system is THE same encasement, just with the extra openings. Maybe I can use this for the template instead of the cool wooden one I have now.... :)

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Jon, Did Simon tell you he would be down for your fingers? wow...

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Jon, Did Simon tell you he would be down for your fingers? wow...

Ewwwwwwwwwww, you need help, :confused:

minigts
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Just spoke to Craig over at Moates and he's a SUPER nice guy, very helpful. He said with what we have now we can get the 20 group buy price, however I'd like to make this 1) an honest 20 and 2) leave it open to anyone else who's interested. But it looks like we are good to go once we finalize who is in and how many we have.

Also, he didn't mention any price breaks on any other items on his site, but they sell widebands, the chip extenders, 27sf512 28-pin chips, ribbon cable extenders, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend you guys head over there, make a list of what you want and then we can settle up on what the total order price will be for each of you.

So consider this the go for the $148.75 price. Make a list of all you will be getting and start sending me your orders. I will compile the list of items in a spreadsheet and tally up what you will owe based on what you order. Once we are in agreement on how much is owed and the group buy order period is closed, I will start taking payments. If you want to send payment after we've agreed on the price you can and I will be sure to check off you have paid. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY UNTIL I HAVE CONFIRMED WHAT YOU OWE.

When sending me your orders, please include your screen name, real name and address so I can go ahead and get this stuff taken care of now and ready to go when I ship the stuff out. Any questions, please post here or send me a PM.

mcsvt
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Great Jon!

Which ZIF socket is recommended for the SBEC? I've got my chip un-soldered, but still need a socket... Anyone want to solder the socket for me? :) I'm the worlds worst solderer...

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=44
or
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=46

minigts
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Great Jon!

Which ZIF socket is recommended for the SBEC? I've got my chip un-soldered, but still need a socket... Anyone want to solder the socket for me? :) I'm the worlds worst solderer...

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=44
or
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=46

Gary the best you could do is email to get some dimensions and then figure out how much clearance you need. The lower profile one would probably be better, but I'm petty sure both will work when it comes to mounting to the board. Anyone have any experience with either of these ZIF sockets?

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Get ahold of Shelgame, and you don't need a low profile ZIF socket. To run the Ostrich on a SBEC, you need an adapter due to the different chip they run.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35796

minigts
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Get ahold of Shelgame, and you don't need a low profile ZIF socket. To run the Ostrich on a SBEC, you need an adapter due to the different chip they run.

THANK YOU SIMON!!! Glad to see an example and the RIGHT information. :p

mcsvt
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Didn't think I needed the low pro with the SBEC, thanks for the verification. I've got a converter :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Didn't think I needed the low pro with the SBEC, thanks for the verification. I've got a converter :thumb:

Your good to go, :nod:

DodgeZ
02-08-2010, 07:38 PM
THANK YOU SIMON!!! Glad to see an example and the RIGHT information. :p

Nice to know Simon fingered it out for you. :clap:

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice to know Simon fingered it out for you. :clap:

Hate to say it but that's actually a good one, :o

x.Gen
02-08-2010, 10:34 PM

:p no, but I wouldn't be against Craig throwing me an extra ribbon cable/header socket for spreading the word, so I can throw it in the 2nd gen! that's right, I'm cheap too. I just couldn't wait out a group buy, too eager to get one installed.

besides, I can only do so much tuning with the free g-valve I picked up on the SDML that was thrown in as bonus when I bought a bunch of T2 conversion parts almost a decade back, from some shadetree who's doing cal's for $25 a pop now.:D

minigts
02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Just a bump to remind everyone to go ahead and send me what you want with prices if it's not the Ostrich or the chip extender. I will confirm pricing and send you all totals due. Once I send the totals you can start sending me money. I'm not 100% sure when we will close this, I need to make a decision soon. But my plan is to get this wrapped up and ordered with the next couple of week, i.e., all products shipped within two weeks. Continue to spread the word and anyone interested in buying one for the group price please speak up now.

BadAssPerformance
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Thread stuck :thumb:

larryB
02-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Put me down for one. Sounds like a great way to tune, if I can figure out how to use it. At least it won't take up much space in the basement if I can't figure it out :)

minigts
02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Put me down for one. Sounds like a great way to tune, if I can figure out how to use it. At least it won't take up much space in the basement if I can't figure it out :)

Good deal Larry. Maybe we can organize a demo/tutorial at SDAC this year? If we can we could also get some video and post on the KC for future reference and for those who may not be able to attend the event.

As a reminder to all, please PM me with your contact details like name, address, etc., what you want other than the Ostrich and I will get the totals ready for when I send out payment requests.

Some of the items Moates sells are widebands, O2 bung caps, PROBABLY O2 bungs, the chip extender in case you have more than one car to tune and want to replace the Ostrich with the cal, chips, chip burners (I think) and other stuff. Please visit their site, make a list and send to me so I can record the order and get a total.

Any questions, PM me or post up on here.

minigts
02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I haven't updated this comprehensive list of all who are going to buy, so here is the most recent. Anyone in green has sent in their information and order confirmation.

4cefedomni
A.J.
Badger
boost geek
DodgeZ
GLHS-024
GrimShadow
guyd_15
larryB
mcsvt
minigts
omni_840
Pat
sdac guy
Shadow
wowzer

Again, I'm not taking money at this point, just confirming orders and gathering information. Please send me the information below.

Screen Name
First and Last Name
Street
City
State
Zip
Items for the order

You can send me your email and phone if you like, preferably both. I think it will help with orders once they are placed. Thinking about things, I'd like to have this closed and the order placed no later than next Thursday or Friday if we can. This means if you are already on the list, please go ahead and send me this information and we will close the group buy by Wednesday, 2/17/2010. Anyone else interested needs to add your name to the list and PM me your info.

Any questions, PM me please.

DodgeZ
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I am red-green color blind. can you pick a different color

minigts
02-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I am red-green color blind. can you pick a different color

The text is bolded for those who have an impairment. All non-submitted users are in plain text. Thanks, K, Bai! :D

DodgeZ
02-11-2010, 01:18 PM
The text is bolded for those who have an impairment. All non-submitted users are in plain text. Thanks, K, Bai! :D

thanks for working with us.

minigts
02-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Guys just as a reminder, this system will work with our cars, but if you have an SBEC, you need to read this thread first. Everything will work, but you'll need this chip to run the Ostrich on. Simon if you have this setup would you mind giving a brief overview of it? :)

minigts
02-14-2010, 12:49 AM
This is the current list:

4cefedomni
A.J.
Badger
boost geek
DodgeZ
GLHS-024
GrimShadow
guyd_15
larryB
mcsvt
minigts
omni_840
Pat
sdac guy
Shadow
wowzer

I've heard from Pat, but if you guys could look to have me your info on the order and other pertinent information this week, preferably before Wednesday, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to have totals finalized by then.

minigts
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Updated list. Please send me your info and order confirmation as soon as you can.

Thanks guys!

minigts
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok, great news we are good to go ahead with the orders and contact Moates directly. I just got off the phone with Craig and he asks that when you go to place the order, just put comments in regarding the group buy and mention you are with the Turbo-Mopar group. I would recommend that you state the price of $148.75 for the Ostrich for reference, but he was in full agreement with that price on the phone based on what the discount should be.

He said they will calculate shipping at that point, so as long as you have your part numbers ready, please begin to place orders over there.

I am sending a spreadsheet with everyone's names on it so he is aware who is on the group buy, but if anyone wants to get the pricing for the unit he is willing to extend the price to those from the site as long as they mention the group buy via Turbo-Mopar. He didn't give a specific deadline as to when this pricing is good for, but please be sure to do this as soon as you can.

Any questions, please let me know.

minigts
02-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Dang, I sent the PM and forgot my number. Here it is.

mcsvt
02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
I should be placing my order today, thanks Jon!! :thumb:

A.J.
02-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I placed my order. Thanks to everyone for their participation.

A.J.

minigts
02-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Craig Moates, the owner, mentioned that he will give an additional 10% on all other items purchased with the Ostrich. You'll get the Ostrich at $148.75 and 10% off all other items, so if you need other things keep that in mind. 10% isn't a lot on a $5 item, but it's still 10%. I mean come on, we're cheap skates. :) Just be sure to mention this when you place your order, although he has the list of people on the group buy, so hopefully he will provide the discount based on the list. Wouldn't hurt to mention it though.

sdac guy
02-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Just for every ones info, I ordered mine last night as soon as I got the message from Jon. I did mention the turbo-mopar.com discount, and was charged full price plus shipping.

The customer service notices from them are exceptionally good. I got 3 notices confirming my order and invoice. Today I got another notice of an 'order update' which stated I would receive a credit to my cc for the amount of $28.25 because of the discount being applied. That amount is exactly correct, including the 10% discount you mention on other items in the order (in my case the chip extender discounted price of $18).

Thanks again,

Barry

minigts
02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Just for every ones info, I ordered mine last night as soon as I got the message from Jon. I did mention the turbo-mopar.com discount, and was charged full price plus shipping.

The customer service notices from them are exceptionally good. I got 3 notices confirming my order and invoice. Today I got another notice of an 'order update' which stated I would receive a credit to my cc for the amount of $28.25 because of the discount being applied. That amount is exactly correct, including the 10% discount you mention on other items in the order (in my case the chip extender discounted price of $18).

Thanks again,

Barry

Thanks Barry. I forgot to mention that, but the pricing will look wrong until the order is charged. Craig assured me they would work the order through the system and THEN apply the discount when billing occurs. They do not bill the card through the site, but rather run the transaction after the fact. If you truly have a concern before you place the order you should contact Moates directly, but as Barry pointed out they are great on communication and DO provide the discount when billing occurs.

Thanks again for the update Barry!

larryB
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Got mine ordered today. Now to check out Craig's list for a cheap laptop:)

Badger
02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
just out of curiosity, whats a good inexpensive laptop setup for datalogging and making a cal?

A.J.
02-19-2010, 12:59 AM
just out of curiosity, whats a good inexpensive laptop setup for datalogging and making a cal?

I have an HP (I don't know the model #) and I'm running windows XP and it works great for me. As far as running D-Cal and burning chips. I'm a Mac guy and I was able to figure it out, with the help of Aries_Turbo.

A.J.

Pat
02-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Order placed!!!

mcsvt
02-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Placed my order before leaving work yesterday, got an email from them regarding the discounted amount taken off the websites total, then even got a "it's been shipped" email. All within less than an hour! Great service I must say :nod:

minigts
02-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Guys, thanks for being prompt on getting the orders placed. Craig has been very generous with trusting we will commit to buying and not paying for everything at once, not to mention the discount. I'm about to order my stuff as well!

minigts
02-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Just got my stuff ordered, looking forward to messing with this thing!

minigts
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Order price corrected on the Moates site! Woohoo!!! Savings of about $35, including the shipping savings.

minigts
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Guys, as a reminder, please be sure to specify the shipping method if you don't want to use UPS. I was able to ask for USPS and received the discount for the items and a refund on the shipping. Sorry if I didn't state this earlier, but I felt the USPS as much as I hate their service, would be cheaper and they were more than happy to oblige.

boost geek
02-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Done.:)

Wife is a bit dissapointed, she tries to save money, and I keep spending it...:rolleyes:

GLHS-024
02-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Order placed.... Thanks Jon

minigts
02-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Order placed.... Thanks Jon

You're welcome, but I didn't realize you were as young as you are. Do your parents know you're driving? :D

I'm just glad Moates was so flexible with us. I hope others on the board will use the discount, assuming they can use this. I can't wait to get mine, should be Tuesday!

boost geek
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
What happens if not everyone goes through the deal even though they commited? Moates gave a 20+ deal for 16 people...

minigts
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Well the transactions have already gone through for those who have ordered. I would imagine if they were approached by us again, they wouldn't cut a break. I trust everyone who said they would do it will. :)

omni_840
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I placed my order yesterday! Thanks Jon :)

PS: Maybe we should start a list of those who have paid:nod:

wowzer
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I placed my order yesterday! Thanks Jon :)

PS: Maybe we should start a list of those who have paid:nod:

agree - i paid on 2/18, scheduled for delivery 2/24.

minigts
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
All who have posted they ordered:

A.J.
boost geek
DodgeZ
GLHS-024
larryB
mcsvt
minigts
omni_840
Pat
sdac guy
Badger
wowzer
jonnyb

I think DodgeZ has, so he's included. For the rest they may have already done so. So far that's about 11 people of the 16 total, so I'm glad to see everyone is following through. Again, anyone ELSE who is interested is more than welcome to place an order with Moates for the Ostrich at $148.75 and a 10% discount on anything else purchased through their site. Be sure to add you are with the Turbo-Mopar group buy and include the price for the Ostrich and the discount that Craig Moates offered. The discount DOES NOT apply to the already discounted Ostrich price. Also note whether or not you would prefer USPS. I did not mention this originally in my first post, but I have noted this since then. Hopefully not too many people got dinged with the UPS shipping. :$

Moates has been very helpful and a great experience with the order process. I went back and checked a previous order and it was the same, very quick turn around time and just as fast on the shipping. They are highly recommended by me, I'm sure others would testify the same.

minigts
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Looks like mine is OUT FOR DELIVERY! WOOHOO!!!

omni_840
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Spoke to Craid today.....

He is a really good guy and very helpful!

BTW mine should have shipped today:nod:

Badger
02-22-2010, 05:39 PM
have not placed my order yet. Have to wait until I get out of the "joint" which should be in the next couple days. I have one question though. Ok, so we get the discount on the Ostrich and then 10% off on anything else we want off the site. Once I get that total, how do I determine shipping to get a grand total??

minigts
02-22-2010, 05:47 PM
have not placed my order yet. Have to wait until I get out of the "joint" which should be in the next couple days. I have one question though. Ok, so we get the discount on the Ostrich and then 10% off on anything else we want off the site. Once I get that total, how do I determine shipping to get a grand total??

They will determine the shipping based on the method you choose. It seems their rates are based on the estimated weight of the items on the site. It will display the total shipping cost before you purchase. For USPS orders, if they can ship it in one box, shipping should be ABOUT $6. This last order was $5.95 and the one previous to that was about the same.

But just make sure you put notes in the comments section before you finalize the order and let them know:

You're on the Turbo-Mopar group buy
You were told there is a 10% discount on additional items purchased
You'd like the cheapest shipping possible, preferably USPS

Obviously add additional comments in the box. The total will reflect the standard pricing, however they will provide a refund after the order is placed. If you have problems and they don't refund you the discount, I would call and speak to Craig. So far everything has gone well for everyone so I don't suspect there to be any issues. Craig has been extremely available to everyone so far.

boost geek
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Shipping to Canada is more like $30.

USPS (1 x 1lbs) (Express Mail International): $31.50

minigts
02-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Shipping to Canada is more like $30.

USPS (1 x 1lbs) (Express Mail International): $31.50

WOW. Really? What the heck? Man, that is ridiculous. I thought Canada was an ally? ;)

boost geek
02-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, I almost got the shipping for free...:)

Makes me wonder though, I had my purple 4 puck shipped for $30.

minigts
02-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Great information

For those who are working on getting this to work on their car, start reading this. Just got my stuff and with the help of CSXRT4's notes in the first post.

minigts
02-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Hooked everything up and it worked like a charm. PLEASE follow the instructions in the first post of the link above. Once I did that stuff, it recognized everything and it will be easy to set this up on the car with a laptop and make the changes. There is a setting in the software that either polls the location of the file for changes or auto updates every so many seconds. I think it's the first. Regardless, this is going to be fun once I get a chance to do some tuning.

sdac guy
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Yep, mine was delivered this morning. I haven't opened the box as yet though as I'm not in a hurry. I don't really have a car to try it on right now.

Barry

Badger
02-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Placed my order this afternoon. Thanks for all your help Jon and for doing this group buy!

A.J.
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I got mine today. Now I just have to find the time to play with it.

A.J.

minigts
02-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Placed my order this afternoon. Thanks for all your help Jon and for doing this group buy!

Good deal man, glad you got everything ordered! Have fun with it. This is going to be some kind of fun with the abilities it has. I haven't had time to do any real time tuning and unfortunately being gone for almost an entire month will continue to hinder my ability to do this. But I plan on getting on it when I get back in town.

jonnyb
02-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Jon - I sent you a PM a while back asking to get in on the group buy and never heard back so I just went ahead and placed my order a couple of days ago and mentioned the TM group buy. I got the discount, so that was sweet!

Thanks for setting this up.

Looks like mine will be here early next week. Hopefully we can get some decent weather so I can pull the glhs out of storage and play with this thing!

minigts
02-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Jon - I sent you a PM a while back asking to get in on the group buy and never heard back so I just went ahead and placed my order a couple of days ago and mentioned the TM group buy. I got the discount, so that was sweet!

Thanks for setting this up.

Looks like mine will be here early next week. Hopefully we can get some decent weather so I can pull the glhs out of storage and play with this thing!

Man if you PM'ed me and I missed it, I truly apologize. I did have a bunch of PM's and I was checking on my phone, just not replying. :( Glad you got the order placed though, so all is good! :) Enjoy and when you get to tuning be sure to share your experiences!

List updated, btw.

wowzer
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
got mine today. this is so sweeettt. i bought one of risen's smecstims so i have my ecu setting in the house by my pc. that is sweet also!

1)opened up the case, pulled out my flashable smec, plugged the ostrich extender in and ran the other end out the 14 pin hole. plugged that end in the ostrich, plugged the usb cable in to the ostrich and my pc.
2)downloaded and installed the emutility
3)opened up mptuner, compiled a smec template.
4)opened up emutility, uploaded the compiled bin file to the ostrich in about 1 second, and then set the emutility to monitor the bin.
5)made a change to the template, recompiled and bingo, the emutility uploaded the 14 bytes that changed directly to the ostrich.

it took me all of about 5 minutes to get this up and running!

bakes
02-24-2010, 10:43 PM
got mine today. this is so sweeettt. i bought one of risen's smecstims so i have my ecu setting in the house by my pc. that is sweet also!

1)opened up the case, pulled out my flashable smec, plugged the ostrich extender in and ran the other end out the 14 pin hole. plugged that end in the ostrich, plugged the usb cable in to the ostrich and my pc.
2)downloaded and installed the emutility
3)opened up mptuner, compiled a smec template.
4)opened up emutility, uploaded the compiled bin file to the ostrich in about 1 second, and then set the emutility to monitor the bin.
5)made a change to the template, recompiled and bingo, the emutility uploaded the 14 bytes that changed directly to the ostrich.

it took me all of about 5 minutes to get this up and running!

Looks like you found the power of the Ostrich !!!! Thats why i love mine.

mcsvt
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Mine was waiting at the front door when I got home tonight. It's a lot smaller than I was expecting, this is great!

Pat
02-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Mine was waiting at the front door when I got home tonight. It's a lot smaller than I was expecting, this is great!

Same here!

boost geek
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Got my Ostrich today, fast shipping to Canada, I paid for it on the 19th, last weekend, and it's already here. That's fast for cross customs shipping!:clap: The shipping did really cost Moates $29, guess you pay for the speed. Again no additional fees from USPS.
I had to trim the ribbon header to clear the arm on the zif socket, but all is good. :thumb:

A.J.
02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
I got mine working today. I had a couple of problems with my saved custom cal. But once I got that worked out it worked awesome.

A.J.

Badger
02-27-2010, 07:45 PM
just curious if anyone has recieved their discount back to them yet. Like everyone else, I placed my order and the following day got an e-mail from Moates saying I was getting some $$ back because of the discounts and group buy price but, I have yet to see any of that discount back in my account. Anyone else in my situation?

wowzer
02-27-2010, 08:54 PM
paid with c/c on 2/18, received credit on 2/23.

Badger
02-27-2010, 09:45 PM
hmmm.......paid with CC on 2/23 but havn't recieved a credit yet. Im think'in I will give it at least 5 more business days, then, if no credit, maybe give them a call. I'm pretty sure I'll have recieved my credit by then.

sdac guy
02-27-2010, 11:23 PM
It does take a few days for most cc accounts to show charges or credits made. But after my order was placed I got an email telling me I would get a credit and for how much. A couple days later when he sent the credit to my cc he sent me another email confirming that action.

Barry

boost geek
02-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Is there any info on the 2 switches on the side of the Ostrich? I loaded the first link http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/download/EmUtility.zip and the computer recognised the ostrich right away, didn't have to download anything else.:)

Badger
02-28-2010, 01:45 AM
note to self: I gotta learn to be more patient! LOL

bakes
02-28-2010, 01:48 AM
Is there any info on the 2 switches on the side of the Ostrich? I loaded the first link http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/download/EmUtility.zip and the computer recognised the ostrich right away, didn't have to download anything else.:)

both switches need to be in the 28 pin spots look on the top for printing

Badger
03-09-2010, 02:52 AM
ok, got mine last week AND got my refund in my account a couple days later =)