PDA

View Full Version : getrag288 problem

thumperz
01-18-2010, 10:39 AM
so i thought id completed my auto-5speed swap on my 04 pt gt, well,i thought wrong...
ive bleed the slave every which way i can,checked and rechecked all the fluid lines(no fluid lose),the clutch disc is in right,pedal is adjusted all the way up,cables ran correctly,but it feels like the clutch wont disengage. with the car off,i can play with the shifter just fine,but with it running,it wont shift,or i have to pump the clutch 6-10 times,and still its hard as hell,and grinds. i have to start the car in gear to get any movement from the car. also,last week i noticed that with it in gear,car running,clutch pedal to the floor,the clutch wouldnt release.
brand new slave,used clutch master,along with used trany.
so what did i do or didnt do?
im sorry if this sounds stupid,i myself would say to rebleed the slave,but ive bled it out 5 different ways. but when it comes to transmssins,i aint gotta clue really. i did this swap cuz i blew my auto up,and didnt wanna have to replace a trany again. the getrag288's are pretty tough,as where i know id blow another 41te in no time the way I drive.