PDA

View Full Version : down pipe ?s

daytona boys
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
ok guys i was thinking of going to a bigger down pipe(like a 3") and stopping the exhaust where the cat is now. One of my buddys was telling me about a riffled down pipe dose anyone know any thing about that? Any and all ideas will help. thanks in advance!

ShelGame
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Riffled?! Why? The purpose of the riffling on a gun to put a spin on the slug. Any parts come down that pipe out of your turbo, they'll already be spinning :) No need for riffling...

I put a 3" DP on my Daytona going into a 20" long megaphone that stops just past the k-frame. But, it's a race-only car, and it's very loud...

Aries_Turbo
01-11-2010, 05:45 PM
under the car exit is too loud. at least get it out the side

minigts
01-11-2010, 05:53 PM
under the car exit is too loud. at least get it out the side

lol, not to mention dangerous for those in the car. The fumes wouldn't be good and yes they will creep in, trust me on this. Side exit is still pretty loud, but the muffler located just past the shifter helped a TON over an open pipe out the side.

t3rse
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
My car it exits behind the shifter, and I don't get too high driving it with all the lead I'm inhaling...but if I drove it more than occasionally I would take it out the side.

daytona boys
01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
with running it out the side want that scrap the ground every now and then or like going over RR tracks. going with the bigger down pipe do i need to or should i change the sv?

Aries_Turbo
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
they make oval pipe. it helps.

daytona boys
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM
im guessing just like a local muffler shop would have something like that? I may even run it out the finder i seen it done alot and i like the way it looks if it done right.

minigts
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
with running it out the side want that scrap the ground every now and then or like going over RR tracks. going with the bigger down pipe do i need to or should i change the sv?

I'm not sure how low your car sits, but I would bet mine sits lower and I don't have that problem. The only time my pipe scrapes the ground is when I'm going over uneven ground and even then it barely does. An oval tip would just ensure that it would scrape less. Give it a go I say. :)

t3rse
01-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I had mine right at the rear wheel before and the only time it scraped was loading and unloading it on a trailer. A local muffler shop probably won't have oval pipe, you will likely need to order it.

daytona boys
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
ok guys i thank yall for all help.

Vigo
01-14-2010, 12:47 AM
If you're worried about ground clearance keep the pipe tucked up into the tunnel and just get it past the seam weld with the tip of a 3" turndown. Might have paint issues, though.