PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Dash Differences

tommyturbo
01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Ok, my 88 Shelby Z with t-tops has the older style dash, small glove box style. I have a spare dash, (not 90+) with the newer style larger glove box and different fuse access panel. I haven't looked at them really closely.

The fuse panel access panel and parking break release handle are different between the two, but is the actual dash pad and frame the same? I have a really mint dash with no broken mounting points at the top (where t-tops allways break at) that I want to swap, bbut need to be sure the frame is the same so I can attach my break release, fuse stuff etc.

thanks

supercrackerbox
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
There's some minor differences in the stamped steel framework behind the glovebox and fuse panels, but it all swaps right over. I installed an '87 dash in my old '88, mixed with the '88 style glovebox and fuse panel, no issues.

tommyturbo
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
great, wanted to know before I spend the time swapping.

How long did it take you to do? any tips or suggestions?

supercrackerbox
01-12-2010, 03:45 AM
If it's your first time, I'd set aside a full afternoon. Just keep careful track of what screws, bolts, and wires go where and you should be fine. A set of 1/4" drive metric sockets and a phillips screwdriver (preferably magnetic) should be all you need.

Oh, and take the opportunity to thoroughly clean your heater ducts inside and out.