PDA

View Full Version : Any Intrest in Daytona floor mats?

Mopar318
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
I was wondering if there would be any intrest if I made a couple set of daytona floor mats? Embroidery may be possible but will most likely double the cost, if not more.

Pricing will be around $80 for front/rear set. Im hoping I can help people restore the interiors of these cars. I help you, you help me.:thumb:

JohnnyIroc
01-10-2010, 03:17 AM
i would be very interested once i started fixing up my interior more

mario03SRT
01-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Do you have an example?

J&H Ryan
02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I'd like an embroidered set, but not sure about $160+...

1984rampage
02-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I need some for my charger!

gkcooper
02-03-2010, 02:06 AM
I pulled a set of late model cloud-car agate mats from the j-y and they fit in my Daytona like a glove. Even perfectly matched the color.

JohnnyIroc
02-03-2010, 02:09 AM
I pulled a set of late model cloud-car agate mats from the j-y and they fit in my Daytona like a glove. Even perfectly matched the color.

what color interior?
and what style interior?
i have a set of cloud car mats

rich tideswell
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I was wondering if there would be any intrest if I made a couple set of daytona floor mats? Embroidery may be possible but will most likely double the cost, if not more.

Pricing will be around $80 for front/rear set. Im hoping I can help people restore the interiors of these cars. I help you, you help me.:thumb:

you need to get a hold of some shadow mats so you can replicate the CSX "shelby" embroidered ones

Mopar318
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Embroidery is not cheap. Its $50 to digitize a image, and $25 for each embroidery. So if you wanted a full set embroidered thats $150, plus $20 to get them to/from the embroider shop as there is none local.

It will probally be a while before I order some carpet and make a sample for you guys. Just stay tuned if your interested.

89FerrariShelby
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Not to be a negative nancy, but i'm confused. If they're not embroidered what's the difference in going to an auto-zone and getting a $20 replacement set? Maybe i'm misunderstanding what your intending to create......

Mopar318
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Not to be a negative nancy, but i'm confused. If they're not embroidered what's the difference in going to an auto-zone and getting a $20 replacement set? Maybe i'm misunderstanding what your intending to create......

The $20 replacment set at autozone is universal. It wont fit like a factory floor mat. Mine will be quality cut pile carpet, attached to spike mat, and the rubber heel pads will be sewn on as well. They will also be the exact size as the factory mats.

Sometimes its hard to compete with quality parts since there is so much crap for sale that is so cheap. Not alot of people see, or care for the difference.

89FerrariShelby
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
OK, that makes sense. Wasn't trying to be negative. Just curious. Yeah, its definitely difficult to compete when most people won't care. Post it up, i'm sure some people here would be interested. =)

TurboRon25
02-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Every factory floor mat I've had pretty much stays where you put it. Every after market floor mat ends up under the pedals in a hurry. ...even the more expensive kind with the more impressive spikes on the back.

I would assume that your mats would be high quality. I really hate sliding the mat back every time I drive. For $20 mats that I use for the winter, not a big deal, $160 mats I would expect to be like factory.

Can you shed some light on this subject and maybe the different grades of spike mat?

Thanks
Ron

Mopar318
02-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Every factory floor mat I've had pretty much stays where you put it. Every after market floor mat ends up under the pedals in a hurry. ...even the more expensive kind with the more impressive spikes on the back.

I would assume that your mats would be high quality. I really hate sliding the mat back every time I drive. For $20 mats that I use for the winter, not a big deal, $160 mats I would expect to be like factory.

Can you shed some light on this subject and maybe the different grades of spike mat?

Thanks
Ron

The universal aftermarket mats I have seen don't really have deep spikes like factory mats do. Also they are not shaped right, so they don't fit like a glove like they should, allowing them to move around a bunch. Not sure when Ill get time to make a set, but when I do they will be available after a little testing.:)

myiroc
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Did you ever get any daytona floor mats made cause I am looking for some dark grey or black ones with daytona embroidered on them.

cordes
11-25-2012, 08:19 PM
In for the pics.

jonnymopar
04-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Thread resurrect - anything ever happen with this? I used to have an original set of Daytona floormats and they looked awesome. I would love to get something similar for my 89.

J&H Ryan
07-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Nada?

turismolover22
07-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Apparently not. There was a guy who had a small batch made on td, ill track him down and get you guys linked up here. I think his were 200+ dollars, made by a shop who put daytona shelby z in his, factory lettering as seen on the bumper nameplates

Mopar318
07-16-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm still here. Had a couple people interested but nobody ever forked over any cash....which means I never made any. If you want a set I will need a set of crappy mats to copy. However I never found anybody that could nor would embroider carpet.

bamman
07-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Not to step on any toes for anyone who wants to make factory carpet, however, it was to my understanding that ACC still makes custom order, factory matching floor mats for the Daytona. If you go to Rockauto under Body-Interior then Floor Mat, you will find custom carpet made for the Daytona. You can even add the Dodge logo for an extra fee.

I don't think these are universal either. My Daytona has factory matching aftermarket floor mat that the previous owner noted to me that he had made. It matches the factory color and doesn't have any Chrysler logo on the back.

turismolover22
07-17-2013, 10:21 AM
I know some people who can embroider carpet.