PDA

View Full Version : Fun little race

Reaper1
01-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Well, it's not a kill story for me, but it was certainly fun. I don't street race very much any more, but every now and then I like to scrap if the opportunity arises. Tonight was one of those nights!

I am staying with a friend in Plant City, Fl and we were heading back to his house after a fun night in Tampa. I'd just merged on to I4 from I75 when I caught a look at a pretty clean de-winged and rear badge deleted ACR SRT-4. Most people would not have really probably given the car a second thought, but I knew what I was looking at. Based on what I saw I figured I *might* have a shot at having a decent race with him, so I kind of set it up.
I didn't "blow by" him, but eased by him a little so he could see my car, then I slowed down a bit and he paced me, so I slowed a bit more and I gave him a BOV whistle. He adknowledged with a downshift to 3rd, which I followed. Now, I'm not a very good person to really start a race, but neither of us blew horns or anything. I kinda jumped and then he did, then we just both took of about the same time from around 60-65mph. Through 3rd it was pretty decent, he got about a fender on me, then the shift to fourth set me back. At 115mph I shut it down and he was about 3 cars up on me.

He threw his flashers on...eh, no biggie to me. I pulled up next to hiim and gave him a thumbs-up :thumb: because I thought he deserved it. He returned with an engine rev and a BOV (which didn't sound stock or like the MOPAR unit at all) and we parted ways.

I'm not put off by the results at all. OK, so I didn't win, but I didn't do too bad either against a car I had NO idea what was done to it. :nod: My honest guess is probably a Stage 2 kit and an aftermarket BOV. I didn't get a chance to really see if it had a larger FMIC or not, but it definitely didn't have a stock, or stock replacement exhaust, so that is a given(and something I noticed right away when I saw the car).

It was fun. I would have liked to have had another go from a slower speed because I think that would have been a better race, but it's all good. I had fun, I hope that person did too! :thumb::amen:

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Good story and you're right, its all about havign fun :thumb:

...and if yer gonna lose, I'd be ok losing to a fellow Mopar :nod:

omni_840
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
yeah, atleast you lost to a worthy opponent and with some class:)

Reaper1
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I like it when that happens!