PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol--Water Injection

BIG PSI
05-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I just found this company on line and wanter to get you opinions. I am looking at the progressive kit using the 4 quart bottle. Please look at and give me your thoughts.

http://www.devilsownonline.com/quart-tank-p-32.html

Thanks in Advance
Chuck

turbovanmanČ
05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Awesome kit, TD'ers love it. I am getting one when I save up the money. I made my own setup now and it works unreal so want to step up to a better kit when money permits.

boost geek
05-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I would already have one if I wasn't so cheap...

Will Martin
05-26-2006, 09:04 PM
I hear good things about those. Wish I'd waited but bought mine from Cooling Mist a year before D.O. came out. The progressive kit is the way to go!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_161_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_157_full.jpg

OneFastBaron
05-26-2006, 09:58 PM
i got a devilsown kit. duall 3GPH nozzles, and a two quart tank. 28psi on pump gas spraying a methonal/distilled water mixed 50/50. i love it.

heres some pics...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/253000-253999/253828_267_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/253000-253999/253828_264_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/253000-253999/253828_266_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/253000-253999/253828_268_full.jpg

:eek:

KJ
88 Turbo Lebaron aka "The Black Baron"
www.cardomain.com/id/onefastbaron88
88 Turbo Lebaron... The New Project.

BIG PSI
05-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks for taking your time to let me know what you think about the DevilsOwn Methanol Kit. :thumb: I just ordered mine through them. I talked to Chance for about 40 minutes on the phone and he was very helpful. I bought the progressive system with the 4 quart bottle. It should be here around the 1st of June.

In fact I told him to get in touch with one of out Moderators to ask them about becoming a Vendor in here.

Regards
Chuck Green

turbovanmanČ
05-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks for taking your time to let me know what you think about the DevilsOwn Methanol Kit. :thumb: I just ordered mine through them. I talked to Chance for about 40 minutes on the phone and he was very helpful. I bought the progressive system with the 4 quart bottle. It should be here around the 1st of June.

In fact I told him to get in touch with one of out Moderators to ask them about becoming a Vendor in here.

Regards
Chuck Green

Thanks Chuck. There already a vendor over at TD so being a vendor on both sites might not be in the books but you never know, :eyebrows:

unluckyty
05-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Chuck, I run their kit on the shadow, ran the 13.1@104 with 93 and just a boost switch to activate it, winter washer fluid, with the m5 nozzle.

I haven't been to the track yet while using their 3bar progressive controller. I just recently worked a problem with the installation of the controller.

I now have single m14 nozzle with the progressive controller and using 100% meth. still on 93 pump gas. Working really well on the street.

As soon as my new slicks get here( blew one out a little while ago) I should be in the 12's:D

Overall a nice kit with great support.
I am still debating on the shadow will let you know by tomorrow.

Greg

Blue Iroc R/T
05-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Chuck,
We have a brand new 3 bar Devilsown Alky kit setting here for Marks Black Daytona. Rather useless though since someone didn't come thru with a 3 bar cal. on May 13th. :mad:

BIG PSI
05-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Chuck,
We have a brand new 3 bar Devilsown Alky kit setting here for Marks Black Daytona. Rather useless though since someone didn't come thru with a 3 bar cal. on May 13th. :mad:

Well can't you do it for the 2 bar map sensor ? But the question I have for you Ralph is this, what is you honest opinion of the system sent to you from the DevilsOwn Company ??

Like I said earlier, after talking to Chance (one of the company's owners) I was very impressed with him and his answers. That is why i bought a kit from him.

Chuck

Blue Iroc R/T
05-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Well can't you do it for the 2 bar map sensor ? But the question I have for you Ralph is this, what is you honest opinion of the system sent to you from the DevilsOwn Company ??

Like I said earlier, after talking to Chance (one of the company's owners) I was very impressed with him and his answers. That is why i bought a kit from him.

Chuck

I talked to Chance a time or two before I orderd the the kit. The kit came as advertised. We got a two quart bottle with our kit. I'm very impressed with the kit. I think it will be great when, IF we get a 3 bar cal. They sell a 2 bar alky kit, but since we thought we were going to have a new cal, we got the 3 bar kit. I haven't talked to Chance to see what it takes to change it for a stock 92 cal.

BIG PSI
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I talked to Chance a time or two before I orderd the the kit. The kit came as advertised. We got a two quart bottle with our kit. I'm very impressed with the kit. I think it will be great when, IF we get a 3 bar cal. They sell a 2 bar alky kit, but since we thought we were going to have a new cal, we got the 3 bar kit. I haven't talked to Chance to see what it takes to change it for a stock 92 cal.

I would give Chance a call to see if he can and will change the kit for you.. I doubt like heck you will EVER GET the other cal. Just my two cents.

Chuck

10G OMNI
05-29-2006, 12:05 AM
I have been runing one for a while now,its easy to use and install and his service is outstanding, for the money its the best progressive controller out there.
The saftey it adds to our engines is priceless or around $240

turbovanmanČ
05-29-2006, 12:18 AM
I have been runing one for a while now,its easy to use and install and his service is outstanding, for the money its the best progressive controller out there.
The saftey it adds to our engines is priceless or around $240

Actually, he's selling them for $260, :thumb:

Pat
05-29-2006, 10:13 PM

I think the difference between the 2 bar kit and the 3 bar kit is the faceplate on the controller. Both the 2 bar and 3 bar maps run off of a 0-5v range, so the operation should be the same.

I have one of the kits and have been happy with it so far. One thing that I noticed is that my car did not like having the map sensor signal wire tapped. It ended up loosing some voltage to the SBEC, which resulted in running crappy. I installed a second, dedicated map sensor to run the alky system. Works like a charm.

Ralph, what you can do with your car (thought about doing this with mine and going back to a stock cal) is leave the 2 bar map/stock cal set up and run a dedicated 3 bar map to run the alky system. That way, you'll have adjustable, progressive fueling control over 14.7 psi even with the 2 bar SBEC. I was going to try +20's, stock 2 bar cal and use the alky to fuel what the +20's wouldn't.

89DaytonaTII
05-29-2006, 10:30 PM
I think the difference between the 2 bar kit and the 3 bar kit is the faceplate on the controller. Both the 2 bar and 3 bar maps run off of a 0-5v range, so the operation should be the same.

I have one of the kits and have been happy with it so far. One thing that I noticed is that my car did not like having the map sensor signal wire tapped. It ended up loosing some voltage to the SBEC, which resulted in running crappy. I installed a second, dedicated map sensor to run the alky system. Works like a charm.

Ralph, what you can do with your car (thought about doing this with mine and going back to a stock cal) is leave the 2 bar map/stock cal set up and run a dedicated 3 bar map to run the alky system. That way, you'll have adjustable, progressive fueling control over 14.7 psi even with the 2 bar SBEC. I was going to try +20's, stock 2 bar cal and use the alky to fuel what the +20's wouldn't.
The same controller will operate in both 2 and 3 bar, your right the only difference is the faceplate. But there is a minor procedure to go through to switch the controller from 2 to 3 bar or vice versa. I just did this the other day on mine.

I was thinking about running a dedicated map too, but haven't tried it yet. I have the controller coming on full at about 15psi anyway so only being 2 bar wouldn't matter.

I have an M10 nozzle and run straight meth in mine, but am currently still seeing some knock over 20psi. Although I haven't looked into it yet, but I do believe the car is still set at 14* advanced for timing, so that's probably not helping anything for the KR. I'll have to turn it down a bit and turn the boost up more. Looking for 25psi+ on pump, wouldn't be able to do it without my Devilsown kit :D

LynX853
05-29-2006, 10:34 PM
im planning on getting the snow performance kit... my instructor in my street legal class had a daytona shelby, and he swears by snow... asked another friend in my class about it, he has a 300gt vr4 twin turbo and says he loves it and its the best kit out there. not that im downing devils own... but snowperformance sold me once i visited their site.

Pat
05-29-2006, 10:35 PM
The same controller will operate in both 2 and 3 bar, your right the only difference is the faceplate. But there is a minor procedure to go through to switch the controller from 2 to 3 bar or vice versa. I just did this the other day on mine.

I was thinking about running a dedicated map too, but haven't tried it yet. I have the controller coming on full at about 15psi anyway so only being 2 bar wouldn't matter.

I have an M10 nozzle and run straight meth in mine, but am currently still seeing some knock over 20psi. Although I haven't looked into it yet, but I do believe the car is still set at 14* advanced for timing, so that's probably not helping anything for the KR. I'll have to turn it down a bit and turn the boost up more. Looking for 25psi+ on pump, wouldn't be able to do it without my Devilsown kit :D

Have you tested the map to make sure you're not loosing voltage to the SMEC when the alky kit is running? With the ignition on, running the scan tool, if I fed pressure to the MAP sensor, I'd see say 4.0v on the scanner from the MAP. If I turned the alky kit on, it would drop fairly significantly (don't remember how much). Switch the alky kit off, back up to 4.0. I know that there were at least two others out there that had similiar results.

If you're getting the same type of issue, you're getting SMEC provided fueling and timing for less boost than even the 15 psi the 2 bar map is seeing.

89DaytonaTII
05-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Have you tested the map to make sure you're not loosing voltage to the SMEC when the alky kit is running? With the ignition on, running the scan tool, if I fed pressure to the MAP sensor, I'd see say 4.0v on the scanner from the MAP. If I turned the alky kit on, it would drop fairly significantly (don't remember how much). Switch the alky kit off, back up to 4.0. I know that there were at least two others out there that had similiar results.

If you're getting the same type of issue, you're getting SMEC provided fueling and timing for less boost than even the 15 psi the 2 bar map is seeing.
I really need to get a scan tool. I think I'll just wire up the now spare 2 bar map and run the controller off of that, then I won't have to worry about it. At least it's simple enough to switch between 2 and 3 bar for the controller.

Blue Iroc R/T
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info Pat & 89DaytonaTII. When I get some time, I think we might try the 3 bar map to run the alky system. At least we could get some use out of them. They are just laying here anyway. Thanks for the info. Hope to see you at Carlisle, Pat.

Rattlesnake
05-30-2006, 11:26 PM
im planning on getting the snow performance kit... my instructor in my street legal class had a daytona shelby, and he swears by snow... asked another friend in my class about it, he has a 300gt vr4 twin turbo and says he loves it and its the best kit out there. not that im downing devils own... but snowperformance sold me once i visited their site. I did development for him for 3 years with my TD. If it works? Taking advantage of the capabilities to the water/alki I gained 60lbs/ft and 24hp only playing with little timming and boost.How good is it? 36psi, pump gas and 25minutes of road course racing on a 127F degrees track temp with no knocking. My last test: 47psi on pump gas from first to fourth gear and wheel spin at 120mph with no knocking on the monitor.

Reinaldo Moloon