PDA

View Full Version : CSX vs. 03' Mach one

bansheenut420
12-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Kinda long, sorry...
Here is a little background. My RT was down for most of last summer with a few issues, got it fixed and after a couple of weeks got all the bugs worked out and had the car running 110% During this couple of weeks, my friend slid his Mustang into a curb and snaped the axle. Anyway, my RT only ran for a couple of weeks untill it broke again, so he and I never got the chance to race. Before it did break I got the chance to do some Gtech runs with him in the car. He was stunned, I was beating his mph by 5-6 mph and his times by .3-.5 sec with worse 60' than his. This was on the same road as his runs, same meter (reset for my cars weight) So he was way extied to see my car run that well. He tells me, your going to smoke me! I laughed and thought he was kidding, but he went on about it for a while...
So he get his car back and has it for a total of three days when I get a call from him. He wants to go look at a car this weekend and wants me to go:eyebrows: Long story short, He gets him a 03' Mach One :thumb: Anyway, we go for a ride the next night hoping to see a car that wants to play. After about 20 min nothing and we stop for a Dew. When we come back out he throws me the keys, After a test drive:eyebrows: I head back toward my house. I pull up to the light and he says, ooooo looks like we got a turbo shadow to race and laughs. I didn't even notice but sitting next to us was a black (with blue racing stripes) CSX Shadow. Funny thing was, I am suprised my friend didn't remember the car, I've had a picture of it on my desktop and in my pics for screensavers. lol We talked for a sec (mostly him wondering why I am driving a Mach one and not my RT:( ) Well the light goes green, we take off and after I put it in second I look in the mirror and he is at the trunk and reeling me in! He gets past the door before we let off for traffic! By this point I can hardly drive his car! I am so shocked to see this car reeling us in like that! My friend can't belive it either, he says, that things sounds like a monster! Thats awsome! Funny thing was, I could have sworn I saw a tear roll out of the corner of his eye:lol: Well traffic cleared enough we could do a run from a roll. My buddy tells me go from 50, I am thinking OK its your cars funeral! We get side by side and go. I hear that shadow spool and for a moment we hold side by side. After 75-80 he starts to pull and dosen't stop! We pull over and B.S. (which was strange because my friends don't usually want to talk to my TD pals) and find out he had a fresh 2.5l running 12psi with a big front mount I couldn't help wondering what my mustang buddy was thinking after his brand new (to him) 300+ Hp 32 valve big bad V8 got schooled by a 2.5l 8 valve 4 banger!:lol: Luckly he is very cool about the crap I give him, but I told him, this will be the first in a number of TD school lessons! :evil:

BIG PSI
12-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Good Story.
What is wrong with your R/T ???

Chuck

bansheenut420
12-28-2005, 11:53 PM
:eek:
Good Story.
What is wrong with your R/T ???

Chuck
Rod knock :eek: I am not sure what is causing it, I am hoping to tear into it this weekend.

Dave
12-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Who's CSX was it?

Good kill for TM, bad ownage for you. :mad:

bansheenut420
12-30-2005, 02:37 AM
Who's CSX was it?

His name is John I think and he was registered on TD under DOHC Shadow, but I don't think he is on there much.

Good kill for TM, bad ownage for you
No ownage, I was rooting for the TD, eventhough I was driving my friends car:D

moparzrule
12-31-2005, 11:54 PM
12 PSI beat a mach??? I call BS on the 12 PSI, you can't make much more than 250 WHP at 12 PSI with these engines and the only way you can do that on 12 PSI is with a big valve ported head, header, hybrid turbo, 3'', ETC. Anything with a stock head won't muster much more than 200 WHP at 12 PSI. I made 234 WHP at 14 PSI with mods in my sig but could nowhere near run with a mach 1. Granted a shadow weighs a good 200 less, but still.

bansheenut420
01-01-2006, 05:45 AM
12 PSI beat a mach??? I call BS on the 12 PSI, you can't make much more than 250 WHP at 12 PSI with these engines and the only way you can do that on 12 PSI is with a big valve ported head, header, hybrid turbo, 3'', ETC. Anything with a stock head won't muster much more than 200 WHP at 12 PSI. I made 234 WHP at 14 PSI with mods in my sig but could nowhere near run with a mach 1. Granted a shadow weighs a good 200 less, but still.
He could have misinformed us on the PSI but I'm not one to queston a fellow TDer. Also I am not the greatest driver in that car, that may have had somthing to do with it. LOL All I know is that thing sounded like a monster:D Also I am at a pretty high altitude so I don't know how bad that was hurting the Mach... But it sure was FUN :thumb:

moparzrule
01-01-2006, 09:39 AM
:cool:

87ShelbyZ
01-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Nah not bs its pretty damn fast he goes out occassionally and is ALWAYS turned down by the ricers. They make all kinds of excuses, But the best is the " I don't want to take your pos from you" When I say lets run for slips after they say it aint worth their time/gas to race a slow pos dodge.

After all they all claim OVER 200 AT THE WHEELS, and this is mostly hatches and integra's with not alot done.

bansheenut420
01-24-2006, 02:01 AM
Nah not bs its pretty damn fast he goes out occassionally and is ALWAYS turned down by the ricers. They make all kinds of excuses, But the best is the " I don't want to take your pos from you" When I say lets run for slips after they say it aint worth their time/gas to race a slow pos dodge.

After all they all claim OVER 200 AT THE WHEELS, and this is mostly hatches and integra's with not alot done.
Ya his car is definatly fast! The thing sounded f***ing mean when we raced, funny thing was he says, "thats the first Mach one thats beat me" But he was pulling on us so I say he won. Even the owner of the car who was in passenger seat said he won also. But it was all in fun:thumb: I can't wait to run the Mach one when I get my RT done, hes horse meat! :nod: LOL

moparzrule
01-25-2006, 09:08 AM

Not saying it wasn't fast, I just call BS on 12 PSI beating a Mach. Like I said I made 234 WHP at 14 PSI with moderate to heavy mods and I could not run with a mach, the only way to make more than that is if he has a big valve ported head, header, and hybrid turbo. Does he have all that??? Now if he was running 20 PSI, thats a different ball game. When I was running 22 PSI I beat a cobra SVT. The only thing I'm calling BS on is 12 PSI, not that he didn't win or his car isn't fast.

bansheenut420
01-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Not saying it wasn't fast, I just call BS on 12 PSI beating a Mach.
For as mean as that thing sounded I kinda question the 12psi, but hey, I was happy, That was the reason he bought the mach one was he was tired of getting pulled on the top by turbo cars (my RT, SRT4, ect.) in his GT. I always am rooting for the TD when were in his car and I think it drives him nuts! LOL

Ondonti
01-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, i know john a little bit. He was being lazy and never fixed his boost leaks so he ran quite slow at the track whenever he went. Im guessing the front mount is new.

Anyways, since we live at 4400ft elevation, and the corrected elevation with our weather is like 8000-11000 ft.........

Its no mystery why an NA car got beat by a turbo car.
The turbo car is working with a total of 14.7 psi ambient and then 12 psi boost.

The mustang is working with just 14.7 psi ambient.

Our ambient air pressur here is only ~12.2psi

In the end the mustang has a 18% power loss. The turbo car only has a 10% power loss from sea level running 12psi. I hope you get the idea.

the mach one would probably run a mid-high 14 at the track here.

moparzrule
01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Its no mystery why an NA car got beat by a turbo car.
The turbo car is working with a total of 14.7 psi ambient and then 12 psi boost.

The mustang is working with just 14.7 psi ambient.

LOL, well you are kinda comparing apples to oranges there. The NA car has twice the displacement and 4 times as many valves. By simply saying that it was no mystery why a turbo car beat an NA at high altitudes has little to do with anything. Race that mach against a bone stock turbo dodge and see what happens, well the TD is still boosted 12 PSI but that doesn't matter.
Both cars will be equally slower in higher altitudes, that doesn't matter. So you have 12.2 ambient where you are, both cars are starting off with 12.2 it's not like the turbo car has any kind of advantage here it would be the same as if they both start off at 14.7.

Ondonti
01-29-2006, 04:31 AM
LOL, well you are kinda comparing apples to oranges there. The NA car has twice the displacement and 4 times as many valves. By simply saying that it was no mystery why a turbo car beat an NA at high altitudes has little to do with anything. Race that mach against a bone stock turbo dodge and see what happens, well the TD is still boosted 12 PSI but that doesn't matter.
Both cars will be equally slower in higher altitudes, that doesn't matter. So you have 12.2 ambient where you are, both cars are starting off with 12.2 it's not like the turbo car has any kind of advantage here it would be the same as if they both start off at 14.7.

Sorry, you have no idea what you are talking about. :lol:

btw, Corby ran a 13.7 on 11 psi boost up here in the rocky mountains. The mach 1 would run a mid/high 14 up here. LT1's run low 15's and ls1's run mid/high 14's here

moparzrule
02-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah you also thought you knew what you were talking about in the twin turbo V8 thread too with the 102-105 LSA recommendation. So why don't you explain this to me all knowing one.
Must have crappy drivers up there LOL, LS1's with just air lid and exhaust hit 12's here. Altitude does not slow down a car 2 seconds.

No one has said the mods done to this car, unless his car is decked out with big valved ported head/hybrid turbo/3'' exhuast ETC there's no way he would even come close to beating LS1's in fact it's impossible at 11 PSI to beat an LS1 by a full second even with those mods. He would have to be making 300 WHP at 11 PSI to do that, sorry but not happening.

bansheenut420
02-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Must have crappy drivers up there LOL, LS1's with just air lid and exhaust hit 12's here. Altitude does not slow down a car 2 seconds.

Well all the ls1 drivers must suck because mid 14's is all they run stock here. My buddy had a 2000 GT when it was stock 15.0 was the best he could pull. My buddy that has a 97 Z28 could only get 14.9 when stock. I don't know how bad the altitude really hurts them, but I will be the first to admit I can't drive the Mach like he can, but it does not take a race car driver to race from a roll. As for the mods he had, I have no idea. Big front mount was the only thing I saw for shure. Anyway it was all in fun:thumb:

moparzrule
02-02-2006, 05:22 PM
LT1's are typically mid 14's here, but LS1's bone stock run mid-low 13's and some dipping into 12's with exhaust and air lid.

Ondonti
02-09-2006, 11:56 PM
LT1's are typically mid 14's here, but LS1's bone stock run mid-low 13's and some dipping into 12's with exhaust and air lid.

Like I said, Im right, whoever arguing against is wrong.

LS1.........not lt1's run mid/high 14's here.
LT1's run low 15's here. I even have timeslips of that.
:lol: I love when ls1 guys say crap like we run 12's at sea level stock....then it comes out that their idea of stock is not having internal engine mods.

BTW, corby did run a 13.7 on 11 psi boost. At the same track that LS1's run mid/high 14's stock.

He has the fastest TD van in the world when running on full boost. This was on a new, better setup and low boost. :amen:

Also, i know you dont know how to read moparrulz, but I did state that 102-105 sep angles are for use with a theoretical 1:1 rocker ratio. With a 1.6-1.7:1 ratio you are looking more like 108-112. Small LSA doesnt mean you have to have a huge overlap. Cams dont have to be symetrical. :amen:

WLKivett
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
A turbo creates its own atmosphere.

At sea level the atmosphere pressure exerted on everything is about 14.7psi absolute pressure (this is 0 psi gauge)
At the race level 4400 feet the typical atmospheric pressure is about 12.1 psia or about 2.6 psi less.

As the mustang goes to wide open throttle there is a total of 14.7 psia at see level to force air into the intake. At high altitude this drops off. In the case of this race he’d have only 12.1 psia forcing its way into the motor.

On a turbo charged motor the MAP sensor reads absolute pressure. The stock boost level of 12 psig at see level is added on top of the 14.7 psia standard atmospheric pressure for a total of 26.7 psia or absolute pressure. But at high altitude where atmospheric pressure is less the MAP sensor will still try to regulate to the max boost to the 26.7 psia absolute pressure. There will still be a slight power drop off due to the airs lower density the turbo will have to work harder to achieve the same boost level, but that a hole other discussion.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

moparzrule
02-10-2006, 05:49 PM
LS1.........not lt1's run mid/high 14's here.
LT1's run low 15's here. I even have timeslips of that.
:lol: I love when ls1 guys say crap like we run 12's at sea level stock....then it comes out that their idea of stock is not having internal engine mods.

BTW, corby did run a 13.7 on 11 psi boost. At the same track that LS1's run mid/high 14's stock.

I can probably find a 16 second timeslip if I wanted too LOL. I've seen a 12.9 second LS1 camaro with only the air lid and cat-back exhaust. Those are maybe 20 HP in mods, so whats that 13.1 or 2 bone stock? All your LS1 drivers suck up there, pure and simple. Altitude will not slow you down a second and a half.
Maybe corby should be driving an LS1 car, probably would run mid 13's LOL. Apparently he's an excellent driver, I'm not disputing that.

Also, i know you dont know how to read moparrulz, but I did state that 102-105 sep angles are for use with a theoretical 1:1 rocker ratio. With a 1.6-1.7:1 ratio you are looking more like 108-112. Small LSA doesnt mean you have to have a huge overlap. Cams dont have to be symetrical. :amen:

Perhaps you just need to re-read that thread and just see what you said exactly.

3rdGen3.0
02-11-2006, 07:46 AM
When comparing a turbocharged vs. n/a in a high altitude setting, its two different situations...

While the n/a engine is losing power due to having air that is less dense (has very little to do with having less pressure pushing air into the engine), a turbocharged engine will lose only a small amount of power...

Because the air is less dense, there is less air resistance for the impeller blades, which means the turbo will acheive nearly the same amount of positive manifold pressure as it would at sea level (the turbo will act as if its smaller... it will be spinning faster and have less lag)

A n/a car with 300 hp will have around 250 hp at 4400 ft of elevation...

moparzrule
02-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah OK, all I wanted was for someone to explain it too me. I was wrong. No need for name calling, I never stooped that low even to ondonti in the ridiculous twin turbo V8 thread when everyone else called him a moron.
However, what are you basing this 50 HP loss on? A guess? Or is there are actual mathematical equation to get this 50 HP loss?
Anyway, 50 HP loss still isn't good enough to take you from 13.2 to mid-high 14's.

Also, not one person has said the mods of this shadow. Unless I find out he has a big valve ported head and hybrid turbo I'm calling BS on 12 PSI. Stock head and turbo-NO! You can't get much more than 175 WHP on stock head and turbo at 12 PSI, not even close to enough to beating a mach 1 with 250 HP.

bansheenut420
02-13-2006, 02:59 AM
I am not really sure what all mods the Shadow even had... All I could tell is it had a big front mount. He didn't mention anything about the motor other than he just got it freshened up. He did tell me he was running 12 psi also. Other than that I have no idea. I do know that in this altitude LT1=mid to low 15's. LS1=low to mid 14's. Stock 98+ GT mustangs run mid 15's and Mach ones run mid 14's. Don't know why they just do.

Ondonti
02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Hmm, well auto LT1's make more like 250whp at sea level. More like 210whp at our elevation.........The weight difference and Im sure that Johns shadow is making more power then 175whp on his setup at 12psi.

I make well over 300whp on 10 psi.

BTW on page 3 of the TTchev thread I said I was talking about a 1:1 rocker ratio for a 102-105 LSA. I dont care if a small block doesnt have a 1:1 rocker, that wasnt the point, and I dont know anything about specs on smallblocks. You just owned yourself moparz. If you think im going to be nice to you with your arrogance you have got to be joking.

BTW I believe I was correct in this thread no matter how much smarter you think you are then me. :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

moparzrule
02-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Hmm, well auto LT1's make more like 250whp at sea level. More like 210whp at our elevation.........The weight difference and Im sure that Johns shadow is making more power then 175whp on his setup at 12psi.

Well we are talking about mach 1's not LT1's, and they put down around 280-290 WHP.
You'd be surprised, I've seen an 16 PSI turbo dodge only put down 163 WHP with a large FMIC and 3'' exhuast.

I make well over 300whp on 10 psi.

On an 8v turbo dodge smartazz. N20 doesn't count either.

Ondonti
02-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Well we are talking about mach 1's not LT1's, and they put down around 280-290 WHP.
You'd be surprised, I've seen an 16 PSI turbo dodge only put down 163 WHP with a large FMIC and 3'' exhuast.

On an 8v turbo dodge smartazz. N20 doesn't count either. Not sure what this n20 stuff is cause I dont use it. :D

Anyways, Ive heard from hundreds of people that the 8v is 10x better then the 3.0 for power so this is a non issue. ;)

moparzrule
02-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Ahh so we are now comparing a 3.0 at 10 PSI vs an 8V TD at 10 PSI, yeah thats not apples to oranges or anything :rolleyes:

Ondonti
02-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Ahh so we are now comparing a 3.0 at 10 PSI vs an 8V TD at 10 PSI, yeah thats not apples to oranges or anything :rolleyes:

Of course its not. We all know the 8v is the greatest and the 3.0 is a waste of time with no potencial. Im sure you can find at least 2000 messages from the past in turbododge mailing lists and forums stating that.

moparzrule
02-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Dude...I wasn't downing the turbo'd 3.0 at all, of course there's no replacemnt for displacement thats why you make so much more power on less boost. I'm simply saying you are comparing apples and oranges here! Hey if I threw 10 PSI at a stock 454 big block chevy I bet I'd have over 500 WHP maybe even 600!

Ondonti
02-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Dude...I wasn't downing the turbo'd 3.0 at all, of course there's no replacemnt for displacement thats why you make so much more power on less boost. I'm simply saying you are comparing apples and oranges here! Hey if I threw 10 PSI at a stock 454 big block chevy I bet I'd have over 500 WHP maybe even 600!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course its not. We all know the 8v is the greatest and the 3.0 is a waste of time with no potencial. Im sure you can find at least 2000 messages from the past in turbododge mailing lists and forums stating that.

Like I said Im sure I could find over 2000 messages from TD people over the years that would not agree.

moparzrule
02-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Umm, so? I don't care what others say I'm saying I agree with you on that part, WTF? All I'm saying is it was a bad comparison.

Subliminal
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey guys,

Good threads with friendly arguments are one thing, but there is really no need for name calling. So, please, refrain. Or I'll sick the dogs of war on you. And when Ken and Frank start barking...there's really no stopping them. ;)

d

Ondonti
02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
did I do any name calling? I dont remember :P

no point censoring myself cause ill still find a way to offend Frank. ;)

moparzrule
02-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey guys,

Good threads with friendly arguments are one thing, but there is really no need for name calling. So, please, refrain. Or I'll sick the dogs of war on you. And when Ken and Frank start barking...there's really no stopping them. ;)

d

Calling someone dumb is hardly worth moderator action, it's borderline even calling that name calling. But hey whatever gets your jollies off.

Ondonti
02-22-2006, 04:42 AM
*sings* Dumbbbbbbbbbb......dumb...dumbbb...dumbbb.... dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.:amen:

Subliminal
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, I'm glad you guys agree on something. ;)

moparzrule
02-22-2006, 06:34 PM
*sings* Dumbbbbbbbbbb......dumb...dumbbb...dumbbb.... dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.:amen:

You should stop talking about yourself :rolleyes:

Ondonti
02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
You should stop talking about yourself :rolleyes: True, I have a better education then you at a better school so I shouldnt mock myself. :lol: :eyebrows:

moparzrule
02-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, even Einstein lacked common sense.

Ondonti
02-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Well, even Einstein lacked common sense.
true, I probably wount do so well at flipping burgers. Teach me.

Greedy
02-23-2006, 11:41 PM
True, I have a better education then you at a better school so I shouldnt mock myself. :lol: :eyebrows:

:blah: :blah:

moparzrule
02-24-2006, 08:40 AM
true, I probably wount do so well at flipping burgers. Teach me.

Better education huh? Maybe I should be teaching you how to spell. Atleast I can spell "won't".

Ground Rat
02-24-2006, 11:41 AM
WOW

Maybe the TD was at 12psi + a small shot, or maybe the mach was an auto, or maybe the mach driver sucked at driving because it was his first time driving the car... or maybe it doesn't even matter because a kill is a kill. :thumb:

And FWIW, there have been LS1 f-bodies that have dipped into the 12's bone stock, paper filter and all.

Ondonti
02-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Thats great. I dont know of any bone stock LS1 that has ever even ran a 13.999 here.

moparzrule
02-24-2006, 05:34 PM
WOW

Maybe the TD was at 12psi + a small shot, or maybe the mach was an auto, or maybe the mach driver sucked at driving because it was his first time driving the car... or maybe it doesn't even matter because it was a kill is a kill. :thumb:

I don't think mach's come in automatic, but I could be wrong....either way in the very first post he says about changing gears so it must be a manual.

And FWIW, there have been LS1 f-bodies that have dipped into the 12's bone stock, paper filter and all.

Well, thank you!

Ondonti
02-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Mach 1's are slow anyways.

bansheenut420
02-24-2006, 11:55 PM
WOW

Maybe the TD was at 12psi + a small shot, or maybe the mach was an auto, or maybe the mach driver sucked at driving because it was his first time driving the car... or maybe it doesn't even matter because it was a kill is a kill. :thumb:

No the TD did not have any No2. No, the mach is not an auto, yes I do suck at driving it (or did at the time, have gotten more practice now) and no it doesn't matter because a kill is a kill.:thumb: This was a TD site last time I checked, why all the bickering about a TD beating a "faster car"? He beat us, wheather it was driver or what, who cares!

bansheenut420
02-24-2006, 11:58 PM
With that being said, the owner of that car (mach one) would like to line up with you at the track this year when your car is done, weather his is done or not he said:D

Ground Rat
02-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Thats great. I dont know of any bone stock LS1 that has ever even ran a 13.999 here.

Well, I'm pretty sure those 12 second runs were close to sea level, lol. A decent driver close to sea level should be able to click off mid to low 13's with an M6/LS1 f-body. I'm not sure how much elevation affects NA cars and I'm not calling you a liar. You could have bad drivers too, who knows. I've seen many stock SRT4s run 15's; I know they are faster but obviously the driver plays a huge factor.

moparzrule, there are auto machs and they are a bit slower. After rereading this thread it does sound like the mach was a manual.

bansheenut420
02-24-2006, 11:59 PM
+1 our air sucks, and that is an understatment :yuck:

bansheenut420
02-25-2006, 12:03 AM
moparzrule, there are auto machs and they are a bit slower. After rereading this thread it does sound like the mach was a manual.
Yeah the manuals came with a forged crank and rev to 7000 the auto did not come with a forged crank and only rev to 6000. So that plus the extra drivetrain loss, they are a bit slower.

moparzrule
02-25-2006, 11:17 PM

Mid-low 13's (err, at sea level :nod: ) from the factory is not what I call slow, they are pretty even with LS1 F-bodies....so close it comes down to the driver. So are you calling ls1 cars slow?

oldgregg
02-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Thats great. I dont know of any bone stock LS1 that has ever even ran a 13.999 here.I'll bet it's a combo of bad driver & altitude as less than 2 weeks after I bought my LS1, bone stock, it went 13.63 with a 2.32 short time & with only a lid & cat back I dipped in the high 12's, see sig pic, with a 1.99 short time.

As you can see by my short time, I'm not good drag racer so those ET's could be MUCH lower with practice, or a better driver.

Of course we're talking 90' above sea level.

And FWIW, my old Daytona, 2.5L, +20's, 2.5" exhaust, stock turbo & cooler dyno'd at 19 PSI 220HP/320T & only mustered a 13.68, 1.89 short time at the same boost level.

moparzrule
02-26-2006, 09:01 AM
And thats with a loaded T/A, a stripped down Z28 camaro weighs much less...easily capable of 12's bone stock.

And thanks for proving my point on your TD dyno results....With a better IC I bet you would have netted maybe 10-15 more HP though. But as I said before with stock head and turbo you can't make much more than 175 WHP at 12 PSI. With a hybrid, maybe 200 WHP with stock head at 12 PSI.

FrankTheTank843
02-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Altitude has a HUGE effect on any n/a car, i would say theres no doubt a high altitude track has a 1 sec difference than the sea level track.

moparzrule
03-01-2006, 12:07 AM
How about 2 seconds? He said some LS1's run mid-high 14's. Given the benefit of the doubt, it's atleast 1.5 seconds difference.

bansheenut420
03-01-2006, 04:49 AM
How about 2 seconds? He said some LS1's run mid-high 14's. Given the benefit of the doubt, it's atleast 1.5 seconds difference.
OMG! Give it up! I don't know what to tell you. There is no possible way all of the ls1/lt1 drivers up here are all horrible, and I am not saying they run mid/low 14s here just to agree with ondonti. THEY DO, I don't know what eles to say about it. I will post some video if you like, It will take me a while to go though my tapes and find a few stock ones for ya. This thread has gone totally off topic...:(

Ground Rat
03-01-2006, 04:25 PM
This thread has gone totally off topic...:(

:lol: Can't we all just get along? :D

Ondonti
03-01-2006, 07:49 PM
THere are some very good drivers here, definitly some are better then anyone posting in this thread including myself. There are no 13.99's here.

bansheenut420
03-02-2006, 02:16 AM
:lol: Can't we all just get along? :D
Its sad isnt it! I started this because I was excited about getting beat by a TD when I was driving my buddys Mach one. Regardless of what was done to the TD, he beat the Mach and all of a sudden I get there is no way and :blah: :blah:! Well don't know what to tell him. I admited that I was not the best driver of that car and that I was not positve what was done to the TD. But still he pokes at the story. I don't know what to tell him! Seems there is always somone who does not have anything better to do than question peoples stories!

bansheenut420
03-02-2006, 02:20 AM
THere are some very good drivers here, definitly some are better then anyone posting in this thread including myself. There are no 13.99's here.
No doubt! This thread makes me not want to post any stories about racing, and thats just sad! Some people! :focus:

moparzrule
03-02-2006, 09:39 AM
WTF? Why don't you go back and re-read the first page. I was NOT questioning that you won, not saying that a turbo dodge cannot beat a mach....the ONLY thing I was saying was it could not be done on 12 PSI, but for some reason everything takes this as if I'm calling BS on the win all together. Whatever.

bansheenut420
03-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Ok, your right. I over reacted, you never did question the win. Its just the two pages of pointless bickering that got old. I don't know what to tell you about the altitude thing. I don't know much about the formulas behind it but all I can say is our air sucks!

Ground Rat
03-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Here's an in-depth write-up on how engines are affected by altitude and such.

http://quarterjr.com/members/weathertech7.htm

bansheenut420
03-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Here's an in-depth write-up on how engines are affected by altitude and such.

http://quarterjr.com/members/weathertech7.htm
Thanks. :thumb: I will have to read that.

Ondonti
05-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Just a little more proof last night. The Ram air T/A's (about 4 of them) all ran 13.99-14.2 consistently with 96-97mph trap speeds. Every single one, every single time. I think they are all bone stock.

Ground Rat
05-07-2006, 09:49 PM
That's fantastical.

moparzrule
05-10-2006, 05:38 PM

Just a little more proof last night. The Ram air T/A's (about 4 of them) all ran 13.99-14.2 consistently

Just how many times is it possible for you to contradict yourself?

Dave
05-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Ladies, ladies, c'mon now. I beat a LS1 Trans Am on the highway a few weeks ago. There that solves that! :) Moving on!

bansheenut420
05-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Ladies, ladies, c'mon now. I beat a LS1 Trans Am on the highway a few weeks ago. There that solves that! :) Moving on!
THANK YOU!:amen:
But, I do have to agree with ondonti, I was at the races with him and ls1's are SLOW!

moparzrule
05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey I wasn't the one to bring back the dead thread.