PDA

View Full Version : New item I'm working on

minigts
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Well this should probably be somewhere else, but it's related to the Moates Chip Extender. I feel they should have a case or cover for it, but alas they do not. So I'm going to make a unit that can be reproduced. This is what I'm starting with, but I don't know where it will go from here. :) The main part I haven't figured out is the top and how it will secure to the bottom.

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice
PM'D you :thumb:

minigts
12-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice
PM'D you :thumb:

Replied. Seriously, call me tomorrow if you have time.

DodgeZ
12-17-2009, 11:55 PM
one day you'll get that diag plugged made.......

minigts
12-17-2009, 11:57 PM
One day you'll have your own washer and dryer to do your laundry. OH NO I DI N'T! SNAP!

DodgeZ
12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
One day you'll have your own washer and dryer to do your laundry. OH NO I DI N'T! SNAP!

yeah, but it so much easier having your mom do it!

minigts
12-17-2009, 11:59 PM
yeah, but it so much easier having your mom do it!

I hate you. :(

cordes
12-18-2009, 01:08 AM
That looks nice Jon. You really need to get a project log going for the Charger so I don't miss any of this stuff.

moparman76_69
12-18-2009, 06:06 AM
If you add some meat to the outside you can leave enough there for some kind of o-ring groove and tap the corners for a top to screw on, then cut out a hole in the side for the wiring to attach.

minigts
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
That looks nice Jon. You really need to get a project log going for the Charger so I don't miss any of this stuff.

Well I have thought a lot about doing that. I think I have enough pictures from over the years to start something and get the info flowing, just need to do it I guess.

If you add some meat to the outside you can leave enough there for some kind of o-ring groove and tap the corners for a top to screw on, then cut out a hole in the side for the wiring to attach.

Well I did think about how the cap would fit on. I have it as thin as it is so it can be reproduced in plastic and be pretty small. The idea I had for mounting the cap was going to be a lid that fit over the edges with little notches so it would snap together. The thickness or thinness as it is may be a problem, but it doesn't take much to hold something like that together. We'll see what happens.

turbovanmanČ
12-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, where are you going to route the wire? :eyebrows:

Looks good. Just use some RTV to glue the board to the box, it will still come apart easily down the road.

We do have other options, TUPPERWARE, :lol:

minigts
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, where are you going to route the wire? :eyebrows:

Looks good. Just use some RTV to glue the board to the box, it will still come apart easily down the road.

We do have other options, TUPPERWARE, :lol:

Worry not where the plug will go, we are thinking about all options. Main ones are, mounting the chip inside, securing it, static or conductive issues, securing the top and mounting the unit capabilities. I'm going to work with Bruce on some details about the case, but hopefully it will all work out. :)