PDA

View Full Version : Overboosting

show-off
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I have the GT3076R DBB turbo on my car and it freakin rocks!!!!:D

I am having a slight issue. It boosts out of control. It is an internal large can wg on the turbo. It pegs 30psi very quickly.

Do yall think the actuator is not opening properly or the turbo is making that much boost with the wg open?

The only thing I changed other than the turbo & header is the nipple for the vac/boost source is down the IC pipe before the blow-off valve where it use to be on the turbo housing. My car runs off the T1 solenoid and has the line to the solenoid "T" into the wg nipple and this nipple in the turbo to IC pipe.

Any suggestions?

Dave
05-23-2006, 10:47 PM
The boost controller source shouldn't be a problem right there. Is there not a barb hooked to the compressor housing? I'd try that.

The large can may be a problem. I had lots of problems with that.

Chris W
05-24-2006, 09:54 PM
I have the GT3076R DBB turbo on my car and it freakin rocks!!!!:D

I am having a slight issue. It boosts out of control. It is an internal large can wg on the turbo. It pegs 30psi very quickly.

Do yall think the actuator is not opening properly or the turbo is making that much boost with the wg open?

The only thing I changed other than the turbo & header is the nipple for the vac/boost source is down the IC pipe before the blow-off valve where it use to be on the turbo housing. My car runs off the T1 solenoid and has the line to the solenoid "T" into the wg nipple and this nipple in the turbo to IC pipe.

Any suggestions?

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear you got things together :thumb:

Run a vacuum hose direct from Intake Manifold to the actuator. It should only boost about 5-6 pounds. If it goes more then that you need to lengthen the actuator arm or relieve pre-tension by repositioning the actuator itself. While you are in the area make sure the swingvalve is not binding. Are you running a boost controller or is it computer controlled? Call me if you need anything.

Good Luck!

Chris-TU

show-off
05-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi Mark,

Glad to hear you got things together :thumb:

Run a vacuum hose direct from Intake Manifold to the actuator. It should only boost about 5-6 pounds. If it goes more then that you need to lengthen the actuator arm or relieve pre-tension by repositioning the actuator itself. While you are in the area make sure the swingvalve is not binding. Are you running a boost controller or is it computer controlled? Call me if you need anything.

Good Luck!

Chris-TU
It boosts 6-8psi all day long with it hooked to the vac line, so I know it will hold the boost...I was worried for a minute. I am going to back the arm off tonight and try somemore. Pauls cal was running the boost, no mbc. It would actually take 30psi w/out knock or leaning out:eyebrows: It cuts out from overboost around there.

I don't believe I have swingvalve binding issues. I did have to file the intake for the flapper to shut all the way though. We had to reweld the exhaust set-up and turn the down-pipe some. I just need to get it dialed in.

Here are pics of the set-up if you want to see it.

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5310