PDA

View Full Version : DV-SDAC christmas party

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
6:30pm on the 19th @ Buca di Beppo in Exton for 20 people! Done and DONE!

A great suggestion has been brought to me
With the logistical problems this year of a christmas party at any particular house
It was suggested to me of a Family Style Diner gathering at a nice restaurant

One thought was http://www.maggianos.com/

1st off, who would be interested? then time/date

I'm all game for it :cool:

contraption22
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm in.

turbo2point2
12-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Me too!

contraption22
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Just a heads up. I've never been there when there wasn't a wait, even with a reservation. but the food and service is worth the wait. So we definitely need a somewhat accurate head count, and I'd say a week's heads up for a reservation. And they do take reservations online.

mcsvt
12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm up for it with a bit of a notice.

Captain Chaos
12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Wish I was closer. They catered my rehearsal dinner this year and the food was outstanding!

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
bump :bump2:

any suggestion on a date?????

contraption22
12-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Im open to anything. Doesn't nessecarily have to be in December.

turbo2point2
12-09-2009, 12:57 PM
How about the 19th? I wanna eat!!

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
How about the 19th? I wanna eat!!

Perfect :thumb: Brian, you want to be president again ?
And I thought Mr. Lucidi's Neighborhood was the event planner :lol:

2:00 work or do you guys want to eat a little later?
up to you guys with the youngsters

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-09-2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000129775907

more talk here on Facebook
looks like Maggianos might have a tight schedule
possible switch to Buca di Beppo

turbo2point2
12-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Perfect :thumb: Brian, you want to be president again ?
And I thought Mr. Lucidi's Neighborhood was the event planner :lol:

2:00 work or do you guys want to eat a little later?
up to you guys with the youngsters

No!! I thought the president's duties were supposed to be spread to all members, then it starts all over again:p

For those of us that dont have FB, can you update here? (I think I'm the only one, lol)

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
For those of us that dont have FB, can you update here? (I think I'm the only one, lol)

Your Wife's a FB Pro !!!!

Rachel Lucidi Dv- Sdac: Just to let everyone know, I thought it was prudent to call Maggiano's to feel them out for reservations due to it being the holiday and us being a very large group. For the 19th they only have 3:00pm and 10:30pm available for a group of 15-20 and the 20th they only have 8:30pm available. Should we move on this and m...ake the reservation just to hold the spot and then we can cancel later if it's determined that date/time doesn't work? Lemme know!

Justin T. Cronk Dv- Sdac: What abou buca di beppo? Or if we really want to slum it.... The OG (original gangsta olive garden). They are good and a little more pedestrian. There is one buca near kopand i dunno where an og is.... Thoughts anyone?!
Yesterday at 5:07pm via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · LikeUnlike · See Wall-to-Wall
Rachel Lucidi
Rachel Lucidi
Buca di Beppo in Exton is pretty open...called them too. They couldn't even give me a specific time because they were so open. So that works for us too.
Yesterday at 5:23pm
Rachel Lucidi
Rachel Lucidi
The only thing with them though is there isn't a set price per person, making ordering and paying more difficult.
Yesterday at 5:25pm
Justin T. Cronk
Justin T. Cronk
Honestly, seperate checks might be easier then trying to f'ing vote on dishes that 20 people would be happy with... What Ya think? Also i am now considering u event coordinator darling :-)
Yesterday at 6:09pm
Rachel Lucidi
Rachel Lucidi
We could definitely do separate checks, but with parties this big often times restaurants won't separate them. I could make it clear when I make the reservation that we will want separate checks. And I graciously accept...lol.
Yesterday at 6:11pm
Justin T. Cronk
Justin T. Cronk
So, bucca? Lets wait twenty four hrs for anyone to weigh in before putting the pole in the sand on this.

If they are more flexible then maggianos on a large party (who the f eats at 10:30?!) i am all in for buca... And also there is one right off 202 in norristown as well. But exton is a little closer for the westerners.
Yesterday at 6:17pm
Bruce Bender
Bruce Bender
buco works for me too
there's one up here in Whitehall, nice place, good food
8' dia. lazy suzan on the one round table
Yesterday at 8:00pm
Ileana Cheregi Slowe
Ileana Cheregi Slowe
Bucca sounds good. Good food and of course love the crowd. miss u all esdaquers ... lol
Yesterday at 8:31pm
Holly Vogelsong
Holly Vogelsong
I vote January
Yesterday at 11:29pm
Laurie Blum Weisberg
Laurie Blum Weisberg
Buca di Beppo does not have individual dishes. All their platters serve either 2 - 3 or 4 - 5 people. So separate checks won't make sense really. If everyone shares the food, why not just split the bill for food, and get separate checks for beverages. Maybe they will do that?
11 hours ago
Justin T. Cronk
Justin T. Cronk
To jill and i two dishes that serve 2-3 people split between us equals a good dinner and leftovers for the next day.... What is this share crap?
4 hours ago
Catherine Rafa
Catherine Rafa
well Buca di Beppo is ok. there is one in Norristown (202 and Germantown pike not to far from Justin) and Exton (near 100 and 30, Main Street Exton Shopping Center). laurie you are correct in tthe way the serve the food it's fmaily style. but January is good too.
4 hours ago
Rachel Lucidi
Rachel Lucidi
I agree with Justin. If we're gonna go through the effort of separate checks for drinks, why not go all the way. This ensures that people actually like what they get and pay for.
3 hours ago

Dv- Sdac Hello Party People! This is Rachel logged on. Since FB limits the # of people I can send an email to (20) I am going to create an event where people can RSVP and give their feedback on the whens and wheres of the holiday party. Look for an invite!
Yesterday at 10:41pm · Comment · LikeUnlike
Bruce Bender
Bruce Bender
good job Rachel
3 hours ago · Delete
David C. Lucidi
David C. Lucidi
The *correct* compliment to give her Bruce, would be:

"Thank God we have you around to overthink the fun out of everything." ;-)
2 hours ago · Delete
David C. Lucidi
David C. Lucidi
Sorry, make that "comliment" -- it's French ;-)
2 hours ago · Delete
Bruce Bender
Bruce Bender
Hey, she'll take what I give her
you on the other hand have to kissass as much as you can
besides I haven't seen you lend anything useful here yet
29 minutes ago · Delete

Dv- Sdac Hello Fellow DV-SDACers!

In an attempt to finally organize this holiday party of ours, we are creating an event where you can vote on a time and place and also RSVP so we get an accurate head count.

It has been suggested we go to a family-style type Italian restaurant for our party instead of someone hosting. Two sugg...estions (3 if you count the O.G.): Maggiano's and Buca di Beppo. Two dates have also been thrown out: Dec. 19th or 20th. It has also been suggested we wait until January.

For Maggiano's in KOP only two time slots are available on Saturday, Dec. 19th: 3:00pm and 10:30pm. For the 20th, only 8:30pm. Both being for a party of 15-20.

For the Buca di Beppo in Exton, they are pretty open on both dates at this time. We can certainly discuss going to another location (one near Norristown and one in Whitehall).

We will open this up for discussion and we should really decide on a date and time by Friday. That will give people time to look at their calendars, and still be able to make a reservation a week ahead of time.

RSVP by Friday with a preferred place and time or your vote will not count!

CHEERS!See More
DV-SDAC Party!
Time:3:40AM Saturday, December 19th
Yesterday at 10:50pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · Share · Invite guests
Holly Vogelsong
Holly Vogelsong
I vote to wait til January.
Yesterday at 11:32pm · Delete
Justin T. Cronk
Justin T. Cronk
December 19th, bucca votes for the clan cronk (2votes). And pretty much i know Brian is down for dec 19th as well.
4 hours ago · Delete
David C. Lucidi
David C. Lucidi
I think you need to change the event times...who the hell is eating at 3:40am????

I put down maybe since I am open either to this month or next. One thing to consider is that we typically rely on the Christmas party as a chance to see EVERYONE, including those "one a year" types not often seen. And I'd hate to think this years party turns out just like an average meeting. So I say people, SPEAK UP and say what ya want!! :-)
2 hours ago · Delete
Rachel Lucidi
Rachel Lucidi
I did weird times because nothing is set in stone. I'll change it once a time and date is picked.
about an hour ago · Delete
Rachel Lucidi
Rachel Lucidi
One more thing, hon. Is it better to have a Christmas party with the regulars showing up or none at all like last year? If we set the date and time, then it will be up to the "once a year-ers" to show up on their own. If they can't make it, they can't make it, but we still get to have some holiday cheer. No date and time will fit everyone's calendar, so why cater to those who don't make the effort the rest of the year? Just sayin'...not to offend anyone.
about an hour ago · Delete

Sgt Craig
12-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Darn I was hoping it was going to be at Steve's:(

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Darn I was hoping it was going to be at Steve's:(

Sorry not this year
He already did his tour of duty

Sgt Craig
12-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry not this year
He already did his tour of duty

It was years ago I went to Steve's for one.Had a freakin blast.whats the location for this years.Need the addy,see if i can do it or not.

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-13-2009, 11:46 AM
It was years ago I went to Steve's for one.Had a freakin blast.whats the location for this years.Need the addy,see if i can do it or not.

As of last night
Buca di Beppo in Exton,Pa (near 100 and 30, Main Street Exton Shopping Center)
on Sat. the 19th time TBA
we need a head count ASAP to reserve a table
lmk I'll add you to the list

Sgt Craig
12-13-2009, 11:51 AM
As of last night
Buca di Beppo in Exton,Pa (near 100 and 30, Main Street Exton Shopping Center)
on Sat. the 19th time TBA
we need a head count ASAP to reserve a table
lmk I'll add you to the list

My financial advisor said no.I deffinately want to get out that wat to see you guys again.Maybe over the summer.

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
6:30pm on the 19th @ Buca di Beppo in Exton for 20 people! Done and DONE!

rx2mazda
12-13-2009, 06:12 PM
can I come?

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-13-2009, 06:16 PM
can I come?

only if your going to video tape it :lol:
Heck yeah, I'll put you on the semi-official non-official list

mcsvt
12-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm a definite no now. Need to stay around the house. Have fun :thumb:

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm a definite no now. Need to stay around the house. Have fun :thumb:

That sucks
We'll have some for you

BadFastGTC
12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll be there!

That sucks
We'll have some for you

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I'll be there!

Nice, we'll put you on the "list"

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
menu (http://www.bucadibeppo.com/menu/index.aspx)

Here's the menu if anyone wants to check it out

pokadot1
12-20-2009, 10:04 AM
How was it?
We had almost 2 foot of snow here.

cliffy

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-20-2009, 10:11 AM
How was it?
We had almost 2 foot of snow here.

cliffy

Postponed