PDA

View Full Version : Is the VNT SV the same size as the T03?

Whorse
05-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I keep reading that the VNT 25 has the same 2.5" and large flange on the exhaust side, just that it's a .63 A/R.

Has anyone tried bolting on different compressors or swingvalves to the VNT assembly?

Will Martin
05-23-2006, 02:08 AM
Swingvalve on the VNT is VNT specific. Any upgrading to the VNT has to be a custom swingvalve, or a different compressor housing with a bigger wheel option. That can be done. :thumb:

Whorse
05-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Ah the old local VNT guru to the rescue again.

I thought I read somewhere about someone using the VNT SV because it's actually pretty good, running an external wastegate, and bolting on a larger compressor housing with a larger shaft.

Can't find the link for the life of me though, but I'm curious what my options are, short of a super60VNT.

Will Martin
05-23-2006, 03:06 AM
The VNT swingvalve is probably one of the most pathetic excuses for a swingvale. You could probably do better with a styrofoam cup at the end of the turbo! lol

You can definitely put on a larger shaft and bigger wheel, with bigger compressor housing. The problem is it's a lot of customizing and people are gonna rape you for it. Hence, it's better to just buy the S60VNT and put on a bigger swingvalve. Just my two cents, of course that's two cents U.S. which only equals .222 CA. lol

Whorse
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Heh, 89 cents and climbing. If it wasn't for shipping I'd buy everything from the states.

allessence
07-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Where does one find a super60vnt. I've been reading on the forums abou them, but can't seem to find where to purchase one, or any other information.

Thanks in advance. Jennifer

Will Martin
07-09-2007, 06:51 AM
There was someone (I think it was Mike) selling one. Do a search in the for sale section. He was selling a head as well.