PDA

View Full Version : ride height help, spring isolator advice

kuzman83
12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
I have a 1987 shelby lancer and my ride height seems to be way out of wack. the front of the car seems to be extremely high and the back end sits down very low and crooked, the drivers side sits lower than the passenger side on level pavement. I just replaced the rear springs and it didn't fix the problem. My next step is to replace the spring isolators, I found the lower isolators on the polybushings website but couldn't find the uppers. I did confirm that the upper isolators are still available from mopar but is there a better route?

Polygon
12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Honestly, I would try that first. I just replaced both and they were all pretty bad. Having installed the new ones I can see how they might make a difference. On your front struts do you have the lower isolator in there?

JDAWG
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
did you replace them with NEW springs?

Vigo
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
If you have NEW springs in the back and the back is still unlevel you have some kind of parts issue back there like a shock or bent arm/beam on the rear axle.

badandy
12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Post upper isolator p/n please?

kuzman83
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
i dont have the PN but i'll call the dealership again and get it for you. The shocks are new all around so i dont think i have a bent one, its been like this since i got the car. As for the front lower isolators, i honestly cant remember if i put those back in or not. I'm fairly certain that they are in there but i'll have to double check. The springs I put in the back are the eibach lowering springs, this is a shelby lancer and since those came stock with a 1" drop and the eibachs are a 1" drop from factory, theoretically they should be the same.

clocktowersniper
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I have taken the isolators out on one of my RT's when I lowered it to get more drop. I had no issues with it. If its crooked, You have another issue there. Try bringing it to an alignment shop to get it checked to see if its at least square.

clocktowersniper
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh and measure from the wheel arch to the ground at each wheel and see where the issue is.

thefitisgay
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
i thinkthe back of my pickup truck does this to...

clocktowersniper
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Thats probably bed bushings.

thefitisgay
12-07-2009, 11:20 PM
or cab bushings and optical illusion? lol

135sohc
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
post upper isolator p/n please?

badandy
12-09-2009, 07:18 PM

Thank you. Now, where to find them?

Directconnection
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Did you replace the front springs? If so.... were they also Eibach's?

Last Q:did you install them correctly... meaning the left spring on the left side, and the right spring on the right? That will make the car lean in the front a bit if they are reversed by accident.

135sohc
12-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you. Now, where to find them?

There a dealership only part :(. Full list/ripoff price is ~$12~ each you should be able to find them for $8/each or slightly less online.

kuzman83
12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Did you replace the front springs? If so.... were they also Eibach's?

Last Q:did you install them correctly... meaning the left spring on the left side, and the right spring on the right? That will make the car lean in the front a bit if they are reversed by accident.

well i have not replaced the front springs yet BUT the front rear hight difference was present with the old springs too. As far as installing them on the correct sides, I had absolutely no idea that there was a right or left spring. what i did do though is make sure that the springs seated correctly into the isolator (making sure that the ridge on the isolator was placed correctly on the spring). Toledo has the closest dealership to me with the upper isolators, and i'm just going to get the lowers from polybushings. I looked over the rear axle and all the suspension parts and nothing looks bent. I measured from wheel arch to ground and the difference is ~.75" from side to side. It seems to me that .75" could easily be attributed to a couple broken down rubber mounts. I'll do some work and post my findings.

badandy
12-13-2009, 08:27 PM
There a dealership only part :(. Full list/ripoff price is ~$12~ each you should be able to find them for $8/each or slightly less online.

That's just it. I've been looking.

135sohc
12-13-2009, 10:58 PM
That's just it. I've been looking.

Are they now NS1 ?
I've been looking for an alternative replacement. might have something that will work. Will know in a few weeks :thumb:

thefitisgay
12-16-2009, 03:50 AM
peices of rubber pond liner?