PDA

View Full Version : ceramic brake pads

frankie
05-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Does anyone make ceramic pads for TDs

turbovanmanČ
05-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I believe Hawk and EBC do.

Hawks are at www.fwdperformance.com and EBC are on there website.

rbryant
05-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I have NAPA Ceramix on my GLHS w/ 11" brake conversion.

They were about $75 though. I haven't done much with the car yet to say how good they are. I read that they are a good pad for the street though.

-Rich

vxvxAndrewxvxv
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I have NAPA Ceramix on my GLHS w/ 11" brake conversion.

They were about $75 though. I haven't done much with the car yet to say how good they are. I read that they are a good pad for the street though.

-Rich

Do you have any kind of messenger or e-mail i can shoot you some questions on? I am positive i need to do a brake conversion as they completley gave out on me yesterday trying to stop at 100+. Anyways I'de like o shoot you some Q's about your setup and how it works etc.

Andrew

andrewpell@charter.net

rbryant
05-24-2006, 03:13 AM
My setup is very strange because I have a lot of Daytona parts on my Charger. Struts, a modified frame, knuckles, etc.

Search for the SLH brake package and you will find all of the details you need for a more typical setup.

-Rich

cordes
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
My setup is very strange because I have a lot of Daytona parts on my Charger. Struts, a modified frame, knuckles, etc.

Search for the SLH brake package and you will find all of the details you need for a more typical setup.

-Rich

How did you modify your frame?

Phreakish
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM
There are also some available through autozone for select applications, I can't recall which ones though - if I can remember to look, I'll see which ones they're listed for - and they come with a 2 yr "no matter what" warantee.

TylerEss
05-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Carbotech will make whatever you want.

afsautoworx
05-25-2006, 09:27 AM
If u tried to do a stop from 100 and lost brakes u probably blew a line out

inmyshadow
05-25-2006, 11:25 AM
There is such a thing as "brake fade". It usually happens when going high rates of speed with overheated brakes.

Most regular pads, are good for only one of two panic stops. Just not panic stops at high speeds.

Ceramic pads are the best to use nowadays. They don't chew through rotors, have low dust and provide greater heat resistance. Only downside is that they tend to need some warming up to work best.

I use to run Porterfield Racing RS4 pads on my daytona iroc. They worked every weekend flawlessly at autocrosses. Rotors looked as good as new after two years of weekly autocross. Only downside was rush hour traffic. I had to drag the pads before the traffic jam points. This avoided me getting caught unprepared for the quick stops.

If u tried to do a stop from 100 and lost brakes u probably blew a line out